• Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

I'm trying to picture what the Snakes & Arrows Embassy would look like.....

Well, it takes an hour for you to get to the front desk.

Can you ever find your way back out??

Yes, and you're a happy person after having gone through the embassy :moon:

I'm sure the happiness stems from the fact that you got out of the embassy at all.

I'm trying to picture what the Snakes & Arrows Embassy would look like.....

Well, it takes an hour for you to get to the front desk.

Can you ever find your way back out??

Yes, and you're a happy person after having gone through the embassy :moon:

I'm sure the happiness stems from the fact that you got out of the embassy at all.

:rage:

I just don't like the songs at all.

I know how incomprehensible this is to you. I feel the same way when someone doesn't like an album I love.

I totally understand this. I didn't like the album at all until I heard it live. It really made all the difference. Now I really like it.

You are not the first person here to say something like that. It must be absolutely wonderful hearing these songs live.

It is quite amazing. Just takes it to another level entirely.

The first album I ever bought is a perfect example i.e. Lakeside Park, In The End etc.... :)

Well sure, but listening to a live album is nothing like being at the concert itself.

I'm genuinely shocked at the hate for Test For Echo and Clockwork Angels. Hate is too intense a word - "dislike" would be better.

I'm sure no one here actually hates any Rush album. :)

CA is the renaissance for a band who was lost for 25+ years.

• Like 1

I'm genuinely shocked at the hate for Test For Echo and Clockwork Angels. Hate is too intense a word - "dislike" would be better.

Just because some people like it doesn't mean it's good.

That is my reaction when I listen to that album too.

• Like 1

But wouldn't you say it's the best they have done since they came back?

I know how incomprehensible this is to you. I feel the same way when someone doesn't like an album I love.

I totally understand this. I didn't like the album at all until I heard it live. It really made all the difference. Now I really like it.

You are not the first person here to say something like that. It must be absolutely wonderful hearing these songs live.

The first album I ever bought is a perfect example i.e. Lakeside Park, In The End etc.... :)

Well sure, but listening to a live album is nothing like being at the concert itself.

For what its worth I do realize that....
  • Like 1

Crowd at the KC show, at least in the section where I was at, went apeshit when they pulled out The Analog Kid and Territories.

Then the 2112 finale :haz:

Crowd at the KC show, at least in the section where I was at, went apeshit when they pulled out The Analog Kid and Territories.

Then the 2112 finale :haz:

As they should. They are great songs...
  • Like 1

No. I much prefer S&A's to CA's.

• Like 2

Both are great :D

• Like 1

I'm genuinely shocked at the hate for Test For Echo and Clockwork Angels.

Yeah, I've never understood the hate for TFE. CA, sure.

I take the opposite position with regard to those two. I don't group them together in terms of quality (or lack thereof). Clockwork Angels, it's no Hemispheres or anything. But I think it's very good.

Test For Echo...I haven't voted in the poll in this thread, but it's between that one and Vapor Trails, for me.

Both are great :D

:) :outtahere: ...
  • Like 1

I didn't mean that in a derogatory sense at all. There's just so much more to it when you're at a concert. I have to say that all of the concerts that I've ever been to in my life, Rush concerts have been the most out of body type experience if that makes sense. Other concerts I've been to have been really similar to sitting at home listening to a CD.

I didn't mean that in a derogatory sense at all. There's just so much more to it when you're at a concert. I have to say that all of the concerts that I've ever been to in my life, Rush concerts have been the most out of body type experience if that makes sense. Other concerts I've been to have been really similar to sitting at home listening to a CD.

I know you didn't and I agree with your point...
  • Like 1

I know what you are talking about. Not with Rush, of course, but I have experienced once what you have written about.

I know what you are talking about. Not with Rush, of course, but I have experienced once what you have written about.

Who was the artist?

Who was the artist?

In 1971 when I saw The Moody Blues for the first time at MSG. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven for sure. I sat there entranced.

• Like 2

Who was the artist?

In 1971 when I saw The Moody Blues for the first time at MSG. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven for sure. I sat there entranced.

I can imagine. I would have loved to have seen them back in the day.