Steely Dan

Lorraine

And I think Countdown to Ecstasy is a great album as well. It has a harder edge than something like Katy Lied, definitely. I love it, though. I listened to it all the way through just yesterday, for the first time in a very long time.

But Segue, if you adore Katy Lied, I'll say again- you may really enjoy Pretzel Logic, too. It's not quite as clean and smooth. But very good, all the same.

• Like 2

And speaking of The Dan, it is a good Steely Dan day. I will go listen to them. Starting with Aja. :)

i'm going for the royal scam.

Mick

The Royal Scam I will listen to after Aja.

Speaking of Aja the song, one of my favorite parts is at :29 to about :36. I love the whole song, but that one part there is a particular poignancy about it.

• Like 2

And speaking of The Dan, it is a good Steely Dan day. I will go listen to them. Starting with Aja. :)

i'm going for the royal scam.

Mick

The Royal Scam I will listen to after Aja.

Speaking of Aja the song, one of my favorite parts is at :29 to about :36. I love the whole song, but that one part there is a particular poignancy about it.

it's a masterful track. I tell ya the Dan knew how to arrange a song beautifully.....better then most.

Mick

• Like 1

I don't think Rush could write a song like Steely Dan, do you?

nope. not a chance. Neil is to well read on the lyric end. and the arrangements....i hate to say are to sophisticated for what Rush do.

Mick

• Like 1

I don't think Rush could write a song like Steely Dan, do you?

nope. not a chance. Neil is to well read on the lyric end. and the arrangements....i hate to say are to sophisticated for what Rush do.

Mick

I agree, that's why I said what I said. The Dan is a bit more advanced. :)

• Like 1

I would say Steely Dan surprised me today. I didn't really take anything from the other albums I played, but Katy Lied was quite the shock to the senses. Complex music, but also fanciful, relaxing, and a hoot to listen too!

Not sold on the band just yet, but this album at least is a real winner.

• Like 2

Oh dude, just get Countdown and Royal Scam, crank them on a drive or something.

Katy, Aja and Gaucho are a great trio of smooth as silk pop tunes, but those other ones kick major booty.

he was a little unsure about Countdown but i know he'd love if he spun it more, lol

Mick

Or because he likes Toto, Toto and IV are the slkiy smooth pop albums while Hydra and Kingdom are the cool rockin ones.

Hey i like Toto....but the Dan are better all around.

Mick

:whip:

Or because he likes Toto, Toto and IV are the slkiy smooth pop albums while Hydra and Kingdom are the cool rockin ones.

Mick

You know i love Toto.....but Toto doesn't hold a candle to the Dan. I have to shoot straight, lol

Mick

Mick

You know i love Toto.....but Toto doesn't hold a candle to the Dan. I have to shoot straight, lol

Mick

Mick

Mick

I shall never break.........MILES better.

Just cause you don't see it yet don't mean it ain't true, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

I like Toto,

But they are not even in the same league! :cool:

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

I like Toto,

Toto are nowhere near capable of the exquisite arrangements the Dan put together.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

I like Toto,

Toto are nowhere near capable of the exquisite arrangements the Dan put together.

Mick

Tis all good...I agree after listeneing to katy lied.

I just wanted to whip ya

• Like 1