Awkward: NJ Governor humps Jerry Jones' leg...

lerxt1990

That was a less questionable call then the roughing the kicker on the Cowboys. Especially when the exact same thing happened to the Cowboys kicker and there was no call. In every game both teams can usually find calls that were questionable. Bottom line is Detroit had the game in hand and let it slip away. They had a chance at the end and fumbled the ball away....TWICE!

First of all, it was running into the punter called on Dallas, there were less than five yards to go which is why it was a first down. And the play where the Lion touched the Cowboys punter...he tried to hold him up. That one wasn't even close.

The call against Hutchings where they picked up the flag is called DPI 9,999,999 Times out of 10 million.

Detroit had several opportunities to win that game. Because you hate the Cowboys, you are going to whine about that one call and make the victory seem like luck. We were lucky to win that game but not solely because of that call. We came out extremely flat and got better as the game went on.

Thats true, a 10 yard punt and weak defense at the end helped the Lions lose. But focusing on that rediculous penalty is more fun to talk about.

It was actually kind of a stupid play call on 3rd and 1, not throwing downfield. And I know it sounds like 20/20 hindsight, but they really should have gone for it on 4th. I'm obviously not a Belichick fan, but he seems to be the only coach that REALLY understands win probabilities and what moves the needle.

I don't mind the call, but you better be prepared to go for it on 4th.

It's a call you ONLY make if you're going to go for it on 4th. But at that time of the game? You run or throw short and keep the clock going, that's your enemy.

Yes. i couldnt figure out why they did what they did the way they did it...

The refs in this game were biased in favor of DETROIT. Not Dallas.

Dallas won in SPITE of the NFL's best attempts to slant the playing field. The PI flag was picked up with good reason... Pettigrew was making as much contact with Hitchens as vice versa... you want to know why Hitchens didn't make a play on the ball? It was because Pettigrew was pulling his helmet away from it. His hands were up as he was being pulled by Pettigrew for that reason exactly.

If they'd thrown the flag for Offensive PI, I think it might have been warranted.

No. Thats defensive pass interference, and a penalty/personal foul by Bryant coming on the field without a helmet. Not even close. Your looking at that like a typical Dallas fan. After the dream ends next week it wont matter anyway, the chief choke artist will be back in full force. I love how everyone is coronating Dallas after that weak win.

I thought a defensive holding call was clearly missed, and an offensive face masking penalty was very probably missed, and that a defensive pass interference call was slightly more likely than not to have occurred. Also, Bryant obviously broke the rules, but I think the refs were so confused by themselves at that point that they weren't thinking about it. Really, the overturning of the defensive pass interference call wasn't even close to the worst non-call on that play.

According to the NFL Head of Officials Dean Blandino the proper call would have been defensive holding.

NFL head of officials Dean Blandino said Monday that the non-call on pass interference against Detroit Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew by Dallas Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens was debatable, but holding definitely should have been called on the play.

Blandino, speaking on NBC Sports Radio's "Pro Football Talk Live," said the officiating crew erred by announcing a penalty and then picking up the flag. Ideally, he said, the crew would have discussed the play and then announced that there was no penalty on the play. If the crew had handled the situation in this manner, "it would have mitigated some of the response to this," he said.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12124549/dean-blandino-holding-call-missed-vs-dallas-cowboys-lb-anthony-hitchens?ex_cid=sportscenterFB

• Like 1

Dallas won in SPITE of the NFL's best attempts to slant the playing field. The PI flag was picked up with good reason... Pettigrew was making as much contact with Hitchens as vice versa... you want to know why Hitchens didn't make a play on the ball? It was because Pettigrew was pulling his helmet away from it. His hands were up as he was being pulled by Pettigrew for that reason exactly.

If they'd thrown the flag for Offensive PI, I think it might have been warranted.

No. Thats defensive pass interference, and a penalty/personal foul by Bryant coming on the field without a helmet. Not even close. Your looking at that like a typical Dallas fan. After the dream ends next week it wont matter anyway, the chief choke artist will be back in full force. I love how everyone is coronating Dallas after that weak win.

I thought a defensive holding call was clearly missed, and an offensive face masking penalty was very probably missed, and that a defensive pass interference call was slightly more likely than not to have occurred. Also, Bryant obviously broke the rules, but I think the refs were so confused by themselves at that point that they weren't thinking about it. Really, the overturning of the defensive pass interference call wasn't even close to the worst non-call on that play.

According to the NFL Head of Officials Dean Blandino the proper call would have been defensive holding.

NFL head of officials Dean Blandino said Monday that the non-call on pass interference against Detroit Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew by Dallas Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens was debatable, but holding definitely should have been called on the play.

Blandino, speaking on NBC Sports Radio's "Pro Football Talk Live," said the officiating crew erred by announcing a penalty and then picking up the flag. Ideally, he said, the crew would have discussed the play and then announced that there was no penalty on the play. If the crew had handled the situation in this manner, "it would have mitigated some of the response to this," he said.

http://espn.go.com/d...=sportscenterFB

I disagree with him. And believe me, his position carries no weight with me...

Did he also use as "confusion" the non call on Big Mouth Bryant?

You're just a Christofascist that blindly hates anyone with the name Hitchens, aren't you? ;)

I

Not sure I agree (Stone cold interference.), but they shouldnt have picked up the flag and they should have penalized the NFLs most obnoxious big mouth. They arent supposed to get confused. But its fun watching Dallas' fans justify it. Lots of fun.

I hate Dallas.

• Like 1

You're just a Christofascist that blindly hates anyone with the name Hitchens, aren't you? ;)

Are you invalidating my desires! I am not a rock!

• Like 1

That was a less questionable call then the roughing the kicker on the Cowboys. Especially when the exact same thing happened to the Cowboys kicker and there was no call. In every game both teams can usually find calls that were questionable. Bottom line is Detroit had the game in hand and let it slip away. They had a chance at the end and fumbled the ball away....TWICE!

First of all, it was running into the punter called on Dallas, there were less than five yards to go which is why it was a first down. And the play where the Lion touched the Cowboys punter...he tried to hold him up. That one wasn't even close.

The call against Hutchings where they picked up the flag is called DPI 9,999,999 Times out of 10 million.

Detroit had several opportunities to win that game. Because you hate the Cowboys, you are going to whine about that one call and make the victory seem like luck. We were lucky to win that game but not solely because of that call. We came out extremely flat and got better as the game went on.

Thats true, a 10 yard punt and weak defense at the end helped the Lions lose. But focusing on that rediculous penalty is more fun to talk about.

It was actually kind of a stupid play call on 3rd and 1, not throwing downfield. And I know it sounds like 20/20 hindsight, but they really should have gone for it on 4th. I'm obviously not a Belichick fan, but he seems to be the only coach that REALLY understands win probabilities and what moves the needle.

I don't mind the call, but you better be prepared to go for it on 4th.

It's a call you ONLY make if you're going to go for it on 4th. But at that time of the game? You run or throw short and keep the clock going, that's your enemy.

Yes. i couldnt figure out why they did what they did the way they did it...

I remember a game where the Fins were playing the Pats (I think it was the first game of the 1994 season) and there was a 4th and 1 situation late in the game. Marino through deep for a touchdown. When asked about it, he said if the defense was going to give him man to man, he'd take his chances on that.

• Like 1

I'm a Dallas fan now? Funny, I always thought I hated them.

I hate Dallas and Detroit about evenly. I had aboslutely no dog in that fight.

Still doesn't change the fact that Hitchens had his hands up, and Pettigrew had his hands on Hitchens.

Did he also use as "confusion" the non call on Big Mouth Bryant?

That entire officiating crew should go, along with all the other shysters and used car salesman the NFL gives 2nd jobs as officals.

Game my a-s. This is a $9 billion /year industry and you have part timers officiating? Please!

Still doesn't change the fact that Hitchens had his hands up, and Pettigrew had his hands on Hitchens.

"like"... "like" - take it easy bro. no one said you loved dallas :) hate detroit? thats like hating the cubs or the edsel! lol.

"like"... "like" - take it easy bro. no one said you loved dallas :) hate detroit? thats like hating the cubs or the edsel! lol.

They're the dirtiest team in the league. What's not to hate?

:facepalm:

Why even bother? Everyone already knows, and Cowboy fans will just explain it away...

The NFL admitted to the Detroit Lions on Tuesday that officials missed a blatant hold on Ndamukong Suh on a crucial fourth-down conversion from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with six minutes left in Sunday's wild-card game.

The conversion happened after the disputed Brandon Pettigrew play and before the Cowboys' go-ahead touchdown.

Had holding been called, it would have put the Cowboys in a fourth-and-16 hole on Detroit's side of the field. Dallas likely would have punted and Detroit still would have had the lead.

NFL head of officials Dean Blandino said Monday that the non-call on pass interference against Pettigrew by Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens was debatable, but holding definitely should have been called on the later play.

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford wore a microphone for Sunday's game, and the audio will air Tuesday night on "Inside the NFL" on Showtime.

"Can we explain that or no?" Stafford reportedly said after the officials picked up the penalty flag on the Pettigrew incompletion. "Just flat-out overturning a pass interference call?"

Stafford later could be heard yelling, "Hooome cookin!"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12129092/nfl-tells-detroit-lions-officials-missed-holding-dallas-cowboys-fourth-conversion

Why even bother? Everyone already knows, and Cowboy fans will just explain it away...

The NFL admitted to the Detroit Lions on Tuesday that officials missed a blatant hold on Ndamukong Suh on a crucial fourth-down conversion from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with six minutes left in Sunday's wild-card game.

The conversion happened after the disputed Brandon Pettigrew play and before the Cowboys' go-ahead touchdown.

Had holding been called, it would have put the Cowboys in a fourth-and-16 hole on Detroit's side of the field. Dallas likely would have punted and Detroit still would have had the lead.

NFL head of officials Dean Blandino said Monday that the non-call on pass interference against Pettigrew by Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens was debatable, but holding definitely should have been called on the later play.

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford wore a microphone for Sunday's game, and the audio will air Tuesday night on "Inside the NFL" on Showtime.

"Can we explain that or no?" Stafford reportedly said after the officials picked up the penalty flag on the Pettigrew incompletion. "Just flat-out overturning a pass interference call?"

http://espn.go.com/n...urth-conversion

Does this explained how Detroit was totally outplayed in the second half?

Does this explained how Detroit was totally outplayed in the second half?

No, it explains how Dallas was able to avoid a 4th and 16 on a late game drive and how they got the ball back down only three with enough time to do something with it.

Go Pack!

Texas is still feeling the aftershocks of Christie jumping

http://www.foxnews.c...under-24-hours/

Holy crap! Like 10 minutes after I posted this, Jimmy Fallon used the exact same joke! I'm quitting my job and heading to NY!

And on the play before Detroit had a hold that the officials missed that would have given Dallas an automatic first down. I can post the article if you would like. The officals admitted to seven missed calls against the Lions. I've heard there are roughly 3200 chances to call a penalty in a game. Should we go over each and every one of them?

Get over it. The team you loathe so much advanced.

And on the play before Detroit had a hold that the officials missed that would have given Dallas an automatic first down. I can post the article if you would like. The officals admitted to seven missed calls against the Lions. I've heard there are roughly 3200 chances to call a penalty in a game. Should we go over each and every one of them?

Did your punter live? I mean, no one could stand that much physical abuse, could they?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/01/07/scott-walker-just-threw-some-amazing-shade-at-chris-christie-over-his-cowboy-fandom/

This is the type of owner I'll be looking to hug after a #Packers win on Sunday:

http://images.publicradio.org/content/2011/02/05/20110205_packers_owner_33.jpg

— Governor Walker (@GovWalker) January 7, 2015

http://www.washingto...-cowboy-fandom/

This is the type of owner I'll be looking to hug after a #Packers win on Sunday:

http://images.publicradio.org/content/2011/02/05/20110205_packers_owner_33.jpg

— Governor Walker (@GovWalker) January 7, 2015

You just better hope Pete Morelli's nowhere near Lambeau on Sunday.

I can just hear him say, "There was no foul on the play, Hitchens was just trying to keep the receiver warm."