Permanent Waves - Good or Bad?

Lorraine

107 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Permanent Waves?

• I love it!
    • I don't like it.
    • I can take it or leave it.

I don't mean to be a dick but is this a serious question? PeW is in the Top 100 of a list I once saw entitled: 1000 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. Does that pretty much sum up it's value to the overrall music fan populace? Let alone Rush fans? I mean it's only f***ing Permanent Waves which might be 35 minutes and 35 seconds of the best sounding time in the existence of mankind.

Well, you are being a dick.

And I'm sick and tired of all the complaints about threads that I start. I've noticed too that they all come from members who never start threads.

From now on, all of you that complain - start your own.

Okay. I think you're misinterpreting my exasperation. It has nothing to do with your thread. It was a very tongue in cheek way of me expressing humorous disbelief in the idea that someone couldn't like that album. I, for one, love your threads. Hence the reason I post on them so often. Sorry.

• Like 2

I don't mean to be a dick but is this a serious question? PeW is in the Top 100 of a list I once saw entitled: 1000 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. Does that pretty much sum up it's value to the overrall music fan populace? Let alone Rush fans? I mean it's only f***ing Permanent Waves which might be 35 minutes and 35 seconds of the best sounding time in the existence of mankind.

And I'm sick and tired of all the complaints about threads that I start. I've noticed too that they all come from members who never start threads.

Okay. I think you're misinterpreting my exasperation. It has nothing to do with your thread. It was a very tongue in cheek way of me expressing humorous disbelief in the idea that someone couldn't like that album. I, for one, love your threads. Hence the reason I post on them so often. Sorry.

I had a feeling this was the case. I dig Lorraine's threads as well.... :)
  • Like 1

Snyder, thank you for explaining. I appreciate it and your kind words.

As for your disbelief that someone couldn't like Permanent Waves, if you look above, you will see that someone (we won't mention his name :sarcastic: ) doesn't. :cheers:

• Like 1

Snyder, thank you for explaining. I appreciate it and your kind words.

As for your disbelief that someone couldn't like Permanent Waves, if you look above, you will see that someone (we won't mention his name :sarcastic: ) doesn't. :cheers:

Too late, I already did. :LOL:

• Like 2

Right. Now we can get back to the subject matter. :wacko:

So, Union - is it true that you really don't like Permanent Waves? :unsure:

:popcorn: ....
  • Like 1

:blah: Union 5-3992. Paging Union 5-3992......

Its 3992 or is it 3299 or 3929? :rage: damn :LOL: I would be curious to know the meaning of that also while were are at it...

Union, I was just genuinely curious as to why you don't care for the album. I know that not everyone likes the same Rush stuff. You are entitled to not like the album. :cheers:

Wait just a darn minute. If someone doesn't like Permanent Waves, the greatest rock album ever made, it's all fine and dandy, but dare naysay Hemispheres, which is significantly worse, and all hell breaks loose? :wtf: :LOL:

• Like 2

Union, I was just genuinely curious as to why you don't care for the album. I know that not everyone likes the same Rush stuff. You are entitled to not like the album. :cheers:

Wait just a darn minute. If someone doesn't like Permanent Waves, the greatest rock album ever made, it's all fine and dandy, but dare naysay Hemispheres, which is significantly worse, and all hell breaks loose? :wtf: :LOL:

I have to agree on this. SHAME ON BOTH OF YOU

• Like 1

he's trolling you

case in point: he voted no on hemispheres, which he calls his favorite rush album

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 2

If i have a problem with PW its theSpirit of Radio. Great lyrics but the music i never cared for much.And its

been overplayed,but its there hit and people expect to hear it. Freewill and Natural Science are the stand outs.Jacobs Ladder i have to be in the mood for that one.Entre Nous,Different Strings are ok.But the albums a tad short,like there seems tobe a song missing.Thats why i always consider it to be the kid brother to Moving Pictures when they got it right.I think i have a phobia about albums with only six tracks,Budgie/Bandolier,Wishbone Ash/Theres the Rub etc,i feel i have been short changed.But then i have a phobia about 4 song doubles like Tales From Topographic Oceans or Metal Machine Music.Sorry to wander off topic.

But then i have a phobia about 4 song doubles like Tales From Topographic Oceans or Metal Machine Music.

Metal Machine Music? The four 'songs' on it might as well be just one! I love some stuff that Lou Reed did, but not that one (my problem with it is not that it is only four songs. My problem is with what they sound like).

Tales From Topographic Oceans is absolutely sublime, though.

And so is Permanent Waves. ;)

:sigh: And since then, you don't miss a chance to say something awful about Hemispheres, which only makes you look like you have more than a few screws loose. :wacko: