A Madonna Confession: I Love "True Blue" And "Like A Prayer." Do You?

RUSHHEAD666

The only thing I've ever owned from her is the Immaculate Collection. I enjoy most of her hits up through the mid 90s.

That was me for the longest time, but I finally started digging into some of her newer stuff in the last few years and was impressed with some of it.

Checking out Bedtime Stories, the song Inside of Me is pretty rad.

Bedtime Stories is her masterpiece in my opinion. So overlooked it is hard to comprehend. Ray Of Light is close. But True Blue and Like A Prayer are flawless pop albums.

I honestly think Madonna had a great voice in her best days. What she lacked technically she made up for with sensuality, purity and warmth. She was sexy as well, and her charms were bolstered by what seemed to me like strength and determination to be a woman in control, not a pawn in a man's world.

I love early Madonna. After Ray Of Light she kind of lost herself.

• Like 1

The only thing I've ever owned from her is the Immaculate Collection. I enjoy most of her hits up through the mid 90s.

That was me for the longest time, but I finally started digging into some of her newer stuff in the last few years and was impressed with some of it.

Bedtime Stories is her masterpiece in my opinion. So overlooked it is hard to comprehend. Ray Of Light is close. But True Blue and Like A Prayer are flawless pop albums.

I honestly think Madonna had a great voice in her best days. What she lacked technically she made up for with sensuality, purity and warmth. She was sexy as well, and her charms were bolstered by what seemed to me like strength and determination to be a woman in control, not a pawn in a man's world.

Agreed!

Amazing that I totally agree with you. Perhaps I need to listen to some "Bedtime Stories." No clue.

But "Ray Of Light" blew my mind.

Damn I was young in 1998. I had my amazing marriage. I was in love man. We had a one year old little baby girl named Zoe.

All was good in the world.

Now I'm fuckking 50. My girls are grown. I'm divorced and alone with my pug.

Time stands still for no one.

I am truly blessed and cursed.

JB is always right.

Music will always be my true love.

Good night.

Agreed!

Amazing that I totally agree with you. Perhaps I need to listen to some "Bedtime Stories." No clue.

Damn I was young in 1998. I had my amazing marriage. I was in love man. We had a one year old little baby girl named Zoe.

JB is always right.

Good night.

Bedtime Stories I think has always been overlooked. One could argue it was a warm up for Ray Of Light. To my ears, it is better than the also underrated Erotica and I prefer it to Ray Of Light, but I am not knocking that great album.

I don't care what anyone says, I love Madonna. And I don't care if she was sexual or slutty. I love sex. I've belonged to a religion that repressed everything. If you can be open and free and adult in a world that forces you to fit a certain role, or labels you as otherwise, I say take the hard route and love your life.

She helped transform the media presentation of female sexuality. We take that for granted now, but I will always applaud her. And she did so with more grace than she was ever given credit for.

• Like 1

Agreed!

JB is always right.

Good night.

Bedtime Stories I think has always been overlooked. One could argue it was a warm up for Ray Of Light. To my ears, it is better than the also underrated Erotica and I prefer it to Ray Of Light, but I am not knocking that great album.

I don't care what anyone says, I love Madonna. And I don't care if she was sexual or slutty. I love sex. I've belonged to a religion that repressed everything. If you can be open and free and adult in a world that forces you to fit a certain role, or labels you as otherwise, I say take the hard route and love your life.

She helped transform the media presentation of female sexuality. We take that for granted now, but I will always applaud her. And she did so with more grace than she was ever given credit for.

I know I owned this album at one time. Perhaps I have the Japanese pressing around here somewhere but I doubt it. I will give it another shot dude! It's been years!

I had all of the albums up to Ray of Light. After that the songs got more and more just dance music and not really well conceived songs.
  • Like 1

I had all of the albums up to Ray of Light. After that the songs got more and more just dance music and not really well conceived songs.

I liked Confessions, but nothing after Ray Of Light was good. But she had an incredible run. Her songs are still pretty timeless now, used a lot in the media and still beloved by music fans. I feel the only thing aging badly is Madonna herself.

• Like 1

I liked Confessions, but nothing after Ray Of Light was good. But she had an incredible run. Her songs are still pretty timeless now, used a lot in the media and still beloved by music fans. I feel the only thing aging badly is Madonna herself.

I agree with you, but I haven’t seen or heard anything about her in years.

• Like 1

I agree with you, but I haven’t seen or heard anything about her in years.

Honestly not missing anything.

• Like 2

This thread got me to look her up and wow what happened to her? How did she let that gap in her teeth get so bad? If you showed me the videos from Rebel Heart with no sound and no knowledge of who the artist is, no way would I have guessed that was Madonna. Granted, I never thought she was a looker (the way she sang and acted was more sexy than her natural looks), but Father Time has really gotten the best of her in recent years.

• Like 2

This thread got me to look her up and wow what happened to her? How did she let that gap in her teeth get so bad? If you showed me the videos from Rebel Heart with no sound and no knowledge of who the artist is, no way would I have guessed that was Madonna. Granted, I never thought she was a looker (the way she sang and acted was more sexy than her natural looks), but Father Time has really gotten the best of her in recent years.

Too much crystal meth, crack rock and ultra liberalism in her brain.

Madonna's new album is called "Black Tooth."