Peyton Manning

liquidcrystalcompass

Personally I think he is done. His arm is dead and it has been painfully obvious. No matter how much you love and know the game, dinking and dunking all day won't get it done it that league...

The torn quad didn't help, but he looked like he was tired and tapering off before that happened.

Agreed. It happens to the best of em....

Personally I think he is done. His arm is dead and it has been painfully obvious. No matter how much you love and know the game, dinking and dunking all day won't get it done it that league...

The torn quad didn't help, but he looked like he was tired and tapering off before that happened.

Some of those downfield throws were awful. I wonder if he'll be back given that he's so close to some of the all time records (or at least the yardage one). He's still better than Brock Osweiler. Plus I think he'd miss the game too much. But maybe he's enough of a team guy not to hurt the team if he really can't play (which looked like the case Sunday.)

John Fox has been fired from Denver.

He must be able to read handwriting on a wall....

Banksy wanted him gone?

Some of those downfield throws were awful. I wonder if he'll be back given that he's so close to some of the all time records (or at least the yardage one). He's still better than Brock Osweiler. Plus I think he'd miss the game too much. But maybe he's enough of a team guy not to hurt the team if he really can't play (which looked like the case Sunday.)

He had some problems Sunday but I think half of it was the shit play from his receivers. How many dropped passes? :huh:

He had some problems Sunday but I think half of it was the shit play from his receivers. How many dropped passes? :huh:

Demaryous (sp?) Thomas was bad and Julius was limited and Welker is done. Where was Cory Latimer?

I heard this morning that he has 9 "1 and done" playoff appearances.

1999 - #2 Seed. Lost to Tennessee, 19-16

2000 - #6 Seed. Lost to Miami, 23-17 (OT)

2002 - #5 Seed. Lost to NY Jets, 41-0

2005 - #3 Seed. Lost to Pittsburgh, 21-18

2007 - #2 Seed. Lost to San Diego, 28-24

2008 - #5 Seed. Lost to San Diego, 23-17 (OT)

2010 - #3 Seed. Lost to NY Jets, 17-16

2012 - #1 Seed. Lost to Baltimore, 38-35 (2OT)

2014 - #2 Seed. Lost to Indianapolis, 24-13

2006 - Super Bowl Champions - Defeated the Chicago Bears

2009 - Super Bowl - Lost to New Orleans

2013 - Super Bowl - Lost to Seattle

With a better defense in certain years, Manning's post-season record would look quite different.

True. But I think of his play in New England in 2003 and 2004. Those years he was actually the cause of the team's demise. I don't have a specific memory of some of the other games, but those are some pretty low scores for offense minded teams.

In January, you can't stop Lamar Smith, you can only hope to contain him.

Actually, in that game and in the 2005 game Vanderjagt missed kicks that would have won the game and sent it into overtime, respectively.

In January, you can't stop Lamar Smith, you can only hope to contain him.

Actually, in that game and in the 2005 game Vanderjagt missed kicks that would have won the game and sent it into overtime, respectively.

You can't stop Timmy Smith in January either. Oh the good ole days...

With a better defense in certain years, Manning's post-season record would look quite different.

True. But I think of his play in New England in 2003 and 2004. Those years he was actually the cause of the team's demise. I don't have a specific memory of some of the other games, but those are some pretty low scores for offense minded teams.

I agree. In one of those games against the Patriots, Manning saw EIGHT men in coverage for almost the entire game. Frustrated him to no end. When Manning doesn't have a running game to help him, full pass coverage is his kryptonite. But then, that is true for almost every QB.....

I don't understand the clearing house bit by the Broncos. They came up short but I feel like they had one more run left in them. Though I think Manning isn't a great playoff QB, he's still going to be leaps and bounds better than what they plan to roll out. Assuming he leaves that is. The firing of Fox is strange to me.

The firing of Fox is strange to me.

Elway: Fox and I disagreed about how to get to the next level

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 13, 2015, 2:09 PM EST

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwvlnwflzgfhzjrimwflmjnjytljztqxnwq1ztm4ytg3.jpeg?w=250

Broncos General Manager John Elway said he and John Fox didn’t see eye to eye about the future of the team, and that’s why Fox is no longer the team’s head coach.

“The main thing between John and I was we disagreed how to get to the next level,” Elway said. “The biggest miss between us was how do we take that next step.”

Elway said he and Fox have no hard feelings and they hugged on Monday after their meeting, but it’s time for Fox to go.

“It was the right time so we mutually agreed to part ways,” Elway said. “I like John Fox as a man very much. He is a very, very good man. He’s got a tremendous heart.”

Elway attempted to start the press conference by thanking Fox but initially misspoke and thanked himself.

“I’d like to start out this press conference with a thank you to John Elway — err, John Fox,” Elway said.

That was an unfortunate slip of the tongue, but Elway was clear about his feelings: He likes Fox. And he thinks Fox has taken the Broncos as far as he was going to take them.

I agree. In one of those games against the Patriots, Manning saw EIGHT men in coverage for almost the entire game. Frustrated him to no end. When Manning doesn't have a running game to help him, full pass coverage is his kryptonite. But then, that is true for almost every QB.....

Didn't they have Edgerrin James in 03 and 04?

Yes, they did.

Interesting fact: Edgerrin James' middle name was Tyree...where have I heard that name before??? :)

• Like 1

James was a Colt from 1999-2005. The game I may be recalling is the 2004 Divisional Playoff. Patriots won 20-3. Colts had no running game, and Manning threw for a paltry 238. :o

From 538.com, ranking of QBs by value over expected in the playoffs.

silver-qbs-table-2.png?w=1024

Edited by laughedatbytime