Has anyone here met Neil?

bri-tor

Aside from meets & greets, the only "famous" musician I ever met was Jordan Rudess on the streets of Pamplona, hours before a Dream Theater show. He was very outgoing, and we chatted for a while, even though I was incredibly nervous. I couldn´t even get myself to tell him that he´s Narpski´s lookalike!
  • Like 7

Aside from meets & greets, the only "famous" musician I ever met was Jordan Rudess on the streets of Pamplona, hours before a Dream Theater show. He was very outgoing, and we chatted for a while, even though I was incredibly nervous. I couldn´t even get myself to tell him that he´s Narpski´s lookalike!

Handsome dude he is...... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Yeah for a split second before he ran off in the other direction singing

Living in the limelight

The freaky fans all dream

All those ones who wish to stalk me

Those who wish to follow me

Must wear a mask from Alien Nation

ETs are my fascination

I want relations

with a little green man or three

• Like 1

You're right, he is! Narpie just needs to grow a goatee.

• Like 1

You're right, he is! Narpie just needs to grow a goatee.

He had one but he shaved it off after I pointed out he looked exactly like Jordan Rudess.

• Like 4

I've never seen Neil or any other musician I worship in pubic. If I did see Neil, I would offer a polite thank you with a handshake and walk away. I heard him in an interview and a man came up to him on the street, shook his hand, said thanks and kept going. Neil was grateful for that encounter judging by his face when telling the tale.
  • Like 1

My sister used to work at a photo lab where Neil took his film for processing (pre-digital camera days). She knew when he was coming one day and took one of my drumsticks. They respected his privacy so I could only hang out nonchalantly and watch him sign it. So I met him second hand and still have that stick - something he very rarely signs.
  • Like 5

There are always going to be fans who take things too far, and spoil a meet for everybody else. I personally would just love the chance to thank the members of Rush for the music and the inspiration they have given me the last 25 years, and that includes thanking Neil! Edited by bri-tor

A buddy of mine met him backstage during the Kings tour. Neil was sitting on a couch.

My buddy says "can I get a picture?"

Neil : "Must I get up?"

My buddy: "No."

Neil : "Sure, go ahead."

He showed me the picture, and it was pretty cool.. You couldn't see Neil's smile under the 'stach, but you can tell he was smiling.

My buddy says that (at least then) he was rather nice.

Another friend also met him at a motorcycle shop. They both were browsing the shop.

The friend recognized him, but did make that apparent. They talked about motorcycles and where they ride.

Apparently, if you don't treat him like a god, and instead talk about motorcycles, or cooking or literature, you can have a warm conversation. It sounds like he just wants to be treated like a normal guy.

• Like 1

A buddy of mine met him backstage during the Kings tour. Neil was sitting on a couch.

He showed me the picture, and it was pretty cool.. You couldn't see Neil's smile under the 'stach, but you can tell he was smiling.

Another friend also met him at a motorcycle shop. They both were browsing the shop.

The friend recognized him, but did make that apparent. They talked about motorcycles and where they ride.

Apparently, if you don't treat him like a god, and instead talk about motorcycles, or cooking or literature, you can have a warm conversation. It sounds like he just wants to be treated like a normal guy.

Here's the pic of my buddy with Neil.

http://macgamegeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/neilonthecouch.jpg

• Like 7

Here's the pic of my buddy with Neil.

http://macgamegeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/neilonthecouch.jpg

:notworthy:

Neil probably looked at your friend an thought "Hmmm...how about writing a song about nerds and how oppressed they are? I shall call it (rolls mustache)...Subdivisions".

Maybe so - I am pretty sure Neil would include himself in that group of oppressed nerds as well.

Edited by JimboWTF
  • Like 1

Neil probably looked at your friend an thought "Hmmm...how about writing a song about nerds and how oppressed they are? I shall call it (rolls mustache)...Subdivisions".

Maybe so - I am pretty sure Neil would include himself in that group of oppressed nerds as well.

Jimbo, how old is that young man today? It is wonderful that he saw them during the AFTK tour.