Jump to content


10th Year Anniversaries - TRF Force Ten Alumni


  • Please log in to reply
792 replies to this topic

#21 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27718 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostLorraine, on 22 August 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 22 August 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 22 August 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

View PostNarpski, on 22 August 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Happy 10 years to all. Lorraine there is hope for us both..... :codger:

Keep the Rush faith, Narpski!  :codger:

Congratulations one and all!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:  Thanks to Mike who thought of starting the forum and to 73 and the other mods who put up with us on a daily basis.  Thanks to all of the members here who make the place what it is....whatever that is.  :eh: ;)

But most of all, thanks to the three incredible men who are the reason why any one of us is here.
   :Alex: :geddy: :Neil: :wub: :wub: :wub: :rush: :rush: :rush:
Pretty sure I'm one.... who are the other 2?

:huh:
You said 3 incredible men....

Sponsored Post

#22 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42063 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostNarpski, on 22 August 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 22 August 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 22 August 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 22 August 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

View PostNarpski, on 22 August 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Happy 10 years to all. Lorraine there is hope for us both..... :codger:

Keep the Rush faith, Narpski!  :codger:

Congratulations one and all!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:  Thanks to Mike who thought of starting the forum and to 73 and the other mods who put up with us on a daily basis.  Thanks to all of the members here who make the place what it is....whatever that is.  :eh: ;)

But most of all, thanks to the three incredible men who are the reason why any one of us is here.
   :Alex: :geddy: :Neil: :wub: :wub: :wub: :rush: :rush: :rush:
Pretty sure I'm one.... who are the other 2?

:huh:
You said 3 incredible men....

:sarcastic:

#23 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 33766 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

View Postsullysue, on 22 August 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

Today, August 22, 2014, marks the 10th anniversary of The Rush Forum. This thread is meant to congratulate the members of TRF who joined within the first year of the board’s conception. But, more importantly, it’s meant to celebrate a milestone for a place that continues to bring together thousands of Rush fans to a place where they can find like-minded people to talk about everything and anything: Rush and music in general, politics, personal triumphs and tragedies, to laugh and to support each other, and in many cases make life-long relationships online and in person. The idea of The Rush Forum came from Rush Revisited, who was joined by Ghost Girl and 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 to create a friendly and open forum for Rush fans. And, today, it has grown to a membership of thousands who have made, literally, millions of posts. What the Administrators of TRF began on August 22nd of 2004 has impacted so many people in so many ways. It’s my hope that you three understand what TRF means to those of us who call this place “home.” There are not words to express our gratitude. :notworthy:

And, and very special message to RR: You, my friend, started a unique, wonderful and lasting place of camaraderie that has no match. Thank you so much. :)

It’s my immense and humble honor to induct those who joined TRF in its first year into the Force Ten Alumni. And, with that, I present the first three inductees, the TRUE original TRF members:

Rush Revisited
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Ghost Girl

On behalf of the entire membership of The Rush Forum: Welcome to the TRF Force Ten Alumni.

You may now take your bows, clink your glasses and make your speeches. :cheers:

Um.......*tap tap*....is this thing on? Um......Yeah, I like Rush. They do that "Diane Sawyer" song, right? :unsure:

Thanks to sullysue for getting this thread off to a great start. :hug2:

Just have to reiterate what most of you already know -- that we wouldn't be here today without RushRevisited. It was his idea to start this, and he put in a LOT of time, effort and expense to get this place going, and to keep it going. It was his expertise in webhosting and server building and knowing how to get us noticed on the internet that allowed us to last this long and to grow the way we did. Cheers, Mike. :cheers:

#24 CygnusX-1Bk2

CygnusX-1Bk2

    Certified Verbal Ass Kicker

  • Moderator
  • 3774 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Concord, CA
  • Interests:Sound Design & Effects for games and picture (my main gig). Music (sometimes more than a hobby, it's paid the bills at times).
    Sound recording, which is also my job.
    Baseball.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Well my 10 year is in two days. Ten years later still ambivalent about the fracture. I still remember and will leave it at that.

#25 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

    Sweetheart of Dixie

  • Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Alabama...DON'T JUDGE
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

    to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 22 August 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

View Postsullysue, on 22 August 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

Today, August 22, 2014, marks the 10th anniversary of The Rush Forum. This thread is meant to congratulate the members of TRF who joined within the first year of the board’s conception. But, more importantly, it’s meant to celebrate a milestone for a place that continues to bring together thousands of Rush fans to a place where they can find like-minded people to talk about everything and anything: Rush and music in general, politics, personal triumphs and tragedies, to laugh and to support each other, and in many cases make life-long relationships online and in person. The idea of The Rush Forum came from Rush Revisited, who was joined by Ghost Girl and 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 to create a friendly and open forum for Rush fans. And, today, it has grown to a membership of thousands who have made, literally, millions of posts. What the Administrators of TRF began on August 22nd of 2004 has impacted so many people in so many ways. It’s my hope that you three understand what TRF means to those of us who call this place “home.” There are not words to express our gratitude. :notworthy:

And, and very special message to RR: You, my friend, started a unique, wonderful and lasting place of camaraderie that has no match. Thank you so much. :)

It’s my immense and humble honor to induct those who joined TRF in its first year into the Force Ten Alumni. And, with that, I present the first three inductees, the TRUE original TRF members:

Rush Revisited
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Ghost Girl

On behalf of the entire membership of The Rush Forum: Welcome to the TRF Force Ten Alumni.

You may now take your bows, clink your glasses and make your speeches. :cheers:

Um.......*tap tap*....is this thing on? Um......Yeah, I like Rush. They do that "Diane Sawyer" song, right? :unsure:

Thanks to sullysue for getting this thread off to a great start. :hug2:

Just have to reiterate what most of you already know -- that we wouldn't be here today without RushRevisited. It was his idea to start this, and he put in a LOT of time, effort and expense to get this place going, and to keep it going. it was his expertise in webhosting and server building and knowing how to get us noticed on the internet that allowed us to last this long and to grow the way we did. Cheers, Mike. :cheers:

Cheers to Mike and 1001, my brothers from other mothers.  You both brought me into the Rush fold, made me feel like I fit in, and added so much to my life.  I wouldn't be the same if not for you guys and this place.  Even though the years have passed and made it harder for me to be here, I will always, ALWAYS love you both.

Posted Image

And thanks to my sweetheart of a friend, Sullysue, for starting this thread.  Most appropos, lady!

#26 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42063 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

I'm going to cry.....

#27 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27718 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostLorraine, on 22 August 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

I'm going to cry.....
Me too..... beautiful :boohoo:

#28 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63028 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 22 August 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 22 August 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 22 August 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 22 August 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

View Postsullysue, on 22 August 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

Below are Force Ten banners. Depending on which theme you use, you can add one to your sig to commemorate this milestone:

Posted Image

Posted Image
When I first saw them (before reading the full message) I thought there were "Boy" and "Girl" versions :lol:

Ten boy, Ten girl
Send your Rush post 'round the wor--



I'll see myself out...
10 years was all you can take, huh? Quitter! You didn't even clean the litter box before leaving!

Imagine the litter box Your_Lion requires. You try cleaning that thing out.
Posted Image Well, now you mention it, I could use a hand

#29 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 7710 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Britain
  • Interests:Reading, movies, knitting, cross stitch, playing my ukulele, the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Congratulation to TRF and Thank You to the mods and members!!!

You are the best!!

:cheers: :clap: :cheers:  

Posted Image

#30 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79165 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostNarpski, on 22 August 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 22 August 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

I'm going to cry.....
Me too..... beautiful :boohoo:
And me..!   :hug2:

#31 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79165 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostYour_Lion, on 22 August 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 22 August 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 22 August 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 22 August 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 22 August 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

View Postsullysue, on 22 August 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

Below are Force Ten banners. Depending on which theme you use, you can add one to your sig to commemorate this milestone:

Posted Image

Posted Image
When I first saw them (before reading the full message) I thought there were "Boy" and "Girl" versions :lol:

Ten boy, Ten girl
Send your Rush post 'round the wor--



I'll see myself out...
10 years was all you can take, huh? Quitter! You didn't even clean the litter box before leaving!

Imagine the litter box Your_Lion requires. You try cleaning that thing out.
Posted Image Well, now you mention it, I could use a hand
Another cat here too..!   :P

#32 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79165 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostGhostGirl, on 22 August 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 22 August 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

View Postsullysue, on 22 August 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

Today, August 22, 2014, marks the 10th anniversary of The Rush Forum. This thread is meant to congratulate the members of TRF who joined within the first year of the board’s conception. But, more importantly, it’s meant to celebrate a milestone for a place that continues to bring together thousands of Rush fans to a place where they can find like-minded people to talk about everything and anything: Rush and music in general, politics, personal triumphs and tragedies, to laugh and to support each other, and in many cases make life-long relationships online and in person. The idea of The Rush Forum came from Rush Revisited, who was joined by Ghost Girl and 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 to create a friendly and open forum for Rush fans. And, today, it has grown to a membership of thousands who have made, literally, millions of posts. What the Administrators of TRF began on August 22nd of 2004 has impacted so many people in so many ways. It’s my hope that you three understand what TRF means to those of us who call this place “home.” There are not words to express our gratitude. :notworthy:

And, and very special message to RR: You, my friend, started a unique, wonderful and lasting place of camaraderie that has no match. Thank you so much. :)

It’s my immense and humble honor to induct those who joined TRF in its first year into the Force Ten Alumni. And, with that, I present the first three inductees, the TRUE original TRF members:

Rush Revisited
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Ghost Girl

On behalf of the entire membership of The Rush Forum: Welcome to the TRF Force Ten Alumni.

You may now take your bows, clink your glasses and make your speeches. :cheers:

Um.......*tap tap*....is this thing on? Um......Yeah, I like Rush. They do that "Diane Sawyer" song, right? :unsure:

Thanks to sullysue for getting this thread off to a great start. :hug2:

Just have to reiterate what most of you already know -- that we wouldn't be here today without RushRevisited. It was his idea to start this, and he put in a LOT of time, effort and expense to get this place going, and to keep it going. it was his expertise in webhosting and server building and knowing how to get us noticed on the internet that allowed us to last this long and to grow the way we did. Cheers, Mike. :cheers:

Cheers to Mike and 1001, my brothers from other mothers.  You both brought me into the Rush fold, made me feel like I fit in, and added so much to my life.  I wouldn't be the same if not for you guys and this place.  Even though the years have passed and made it harder for me to be here, I will always, ALWAYS love you both.

Posted Image

And thanks to my sweetheart of a friend, Sullysue, for starting this thread.  Most appropos, lady!

This is such a great pic!  :ebert:  :clap:  :notworthy:

#33 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 15991 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE CAKE!?!?!?!?!?!

#34 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42063 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 22 August 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE CAKE!?!?!?!?!?!

Someone forgot to bring the plastic forks.

#35 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostLorraine, on 22 August 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 22 August 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE CAKE!?!?!?!?!?!

Someone forgot to bring the plastic forks.
I'll use my hands.

#36 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63028 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

Since this will be a daily update, it might be an idea to pin the topic

#37 sullysue

sullysue

    Arriving Somewhere...

  • Members *
  • 16035 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostYour_Lion, on 23 August 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

Since this will be a daily update, it might be an idea to pin the topic
That's the plan. I'll mention it to 73.

#38 sullysue

sullysue

    Arriving Somewhere...

  • Members *
  • 16035 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

And, on the second day...

Jack Aubrey (10)
vaportours (10)
Moonraker (10)
kublas wife (10)
the_necromancer (10)
pixey (10)
rushfreak (10)
Midway Hawker (10)
Relaxed_Jack (10)
yankeeheel (10)
chipper (10)
T-Dog (10)
Singularity (10)
HAZMAT001 (10)

Happy 10th TRF Anniversary to the Day Two'ers!

On behalf of the entire membership of The Rush Forum: Welcome to the TRF Force Ten Alumni. :cheers:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69582 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostLorraine, on 22 August 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 22 August 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE CAKE!?!?!?!?!?!

Someone forgot to bring the plastic forks.
Are you calling me out?

#40 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 33766 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 23 August 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 22 August 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 22 August 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE CAKE!?!?!?!?!?!

Someone forgot to bring the plastic forks.
Are you calling me out?

:popcorn:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users