Gedlousy.

lame thread title geddy husbands boyfriends jealousy geddy shirtless etc...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Slack jaw gaze

Slack jaw gaze

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2247 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

Swap the male and female in the stories (including the honeymoon story), change the crush to Beyonce (or whomever) and gauge your reaction. (Remember, this inverted story ends up on a Beyonce fan board too, where he posts several time per week)

Sponsored Post

#22 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostSlack jaw gaze, on 22 March 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Swap the male and female in the stories (including the honeymoon story), change the crush to Beyonce (or whomever) and gauge your reaction. (Remember, this inverted story ends up on a Beyonce fan board too, where he posts several time per week)

Did you even read what I wrote?

#23 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 22 March 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

He probably only read the original post and nothing beyond that.  Any time my husband (or boyfriend or whatever) had a celebrity crush it didn't bother me, honestly.  One time when we were at one of my co-workers house for a BBQ, the co-worker joked with me and said that he thought my husband was paying "an awful lot of attention" to a Katy Perry video that was on TV.  I just shrugged and went about my business.  It's a celebrity.  The chances of my husband having the chance to pork Katy Perry were a million to one, and that's being optimistic.  Those are about my chances of doing the dirty deed with Geddy.

#24 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostRushchick10, on 22 March 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

He probably only read the original post and nothing beyond that.  Any time my husband (or boyfriend or whatever) had a celebrity crush it didn't bother me, honestly.  One time when we were at one of my co-workers house for a BBQ, the co-worker joked with me and said that he thought my husband was paying "an awful lot of attention" to a Katy Perry video that was on TV.  I just shrugged and went about my business.  It's a celebrity.  The chances of my husband having the chance to pork Katy Perry were a million to one, and that's being optimistic.  Those are about my chances of doing the dirty deed with Geddy.

I never expected marriage to guarantee that my husband (or myself) not find other people attractive, not have crushes. What I expect is to know that he honors the agreement we've made in our marriage to be faithful to each other.

And I think that one of the things we love about Geddy is that he's such a good boy.

Edited by gangsterfurious, 22 March 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#25 hobo73

hobo73

In the court of the Crimson Hobes

• Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hubby is usually pretty chill when it comes to my rock crushes lol I can even say the things I'd do to certain musicians, and he laughs and says "You would wear him out for sure!!!!" He knows it's just a harmless crush that will never, in a million years, EVER have the chance to turn into anything more than fan admiration. :P

There was one time I posted a picture of Richard Kruspe of Rammstein on facebook shirtless, and said "daaammnnnnnn, son" or something like that.
He did get upset but I wasn't having any of it. Suddenly it was an issue? I WILL post yummy shirtless pictures of rock stars whenever I feel like it lmao. He eventually apologized for it and said it was no big deal.

#26 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

View Posthobo73, on 22 March 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Hubby is usually pretty chill when it comes to my rock crushes lol I can even say the things I'd do to certain musicians, and he laughs and says "You would wear him out for sure!!!!" He knows it's just a harmless crush that will never, in a million years, EVER have the chance to turn into anything more than fan admiration. :P

There was one time I posted a picture of Richard Kruspe of Rammstein on facebook shirtless, and said "daaammnnnnnn, son" or something like that.
He did get upset but I wasn't having any of it. Suddenly it was an issue? I WILL post yummy shirtless pictures of rock stars whenever I feel like it lmao. He eventually apologized for it and said it was no big deal.

It's not a big deal. Also we had crushes before we were even together. It's not like I can turn off my Trent Reznor, Alan Rickman, or Steve Nash crushes just like that, hehehehe.

#27 hobo73

hobo73

• Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

I must say, jealousy boggles the mind. At the end of the day, my husband comes home to me. He's allowed to look at other women and tell me how sexy he thinks they are. Hell, he can even be specific in what he finds attractive about them.
I've never been a jealous person- one time my sister in law was like "OMG he is staring at that woman over there!! you're OKAY with it?!" Um....yes...?
Is there a reason I should be upset? :huh:

#28 hobo73

hobo73

• Members *
  • 2658 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 22 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

It's not a big deal. Also we had crushes before we were even together. It's not like I can turn off my Trent Reznor, Alan Rickman, or Steve Nash crushes just like that, hehehehe.

Alan Rickman is DEFINITELY one of my stranger older man crushes hahahahha
OH MAN, Trent Reznor. om nom nom nom nom. AND Steve Nash?

...it's scary how alike our crushes are hahaha

#29 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

View Posthobo73, on 22 March 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

Yeah I've loved Alan since I was 8... and then he became Snape. That crush is never going to end hahaha.

#30 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

I've been crushing on Trent Reznor since 1993. I pretty much grew up with his music and it very much influenced me and helped me through some tough shit. I pretty much consider him to be my first "love" just cause I was so young and it's still going.
My man has no problem with it. In fact when we decorated our place together he's the one who put up my HUGE muriel I have of him since 1995 in the bedroom. He loves NIN and thinks Trent is a genius too. I don't go around saying "OMFG TR IS SO f***ing HOT!" every day and night. If I did I think i'd have a huge problem with maturity and lost touch with reality on some level.  Those kinds of crushes are a lil bit scary.

Granted this is a fan forum and it's fun to cut loose a lil bit online with humour and EXTREME hyperbole. :lol:

#31 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 22 March 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

I've been crushing on Trent Reznor since 1993. I pretty much grew up with his music and it very much influenced me and helped me through some tough shit. I pretty much consider him to be my first "love" just cause I was so young and it's still going.
My man has no problem with it. In fact when we decorated our place together he's the one who put up my HUGE muriel I have of him since 1995 in the bedroom. He loves NIN and thinks Trent is a genius too. I don't go around saying "OMFG TR IS SO f***ing HOT!" every day and night. If I did I think i'd have a huge problem with maturity and lost touch with reality on some level.  Those kinds of crushes are a lil bit scary.

Granted this is a fan forum and it's fun to cut loose a lil bit online with humour and EXTREME hyperbole. :lol:

Yeah exactly, I don't think that some people here realize that we aren't always like this lol.

#32 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

The Dane of the Culinary Arts

• Members *
  • 6126 posts
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Jealousy is fear of losing someone. I know this because I'm a jealous guy, and it was one of the things that drove my ex away.

Being brutally honest with oneself and therapy goes a long way.

#33 hobo73

hobo73

• Members *
  • 2658 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 22 March 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

Yeah I've loved Alan since I was 8... and then he became Snape. That crush is never going to end hahaha.

Evil teacher with a deep voice and steely stare? Some strange fantasies came out of the Harry potter films, let me tell you lmao

#34 hobo73

hobo73

• Members *
  • 2658 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 22 March 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Jealousy is fear of losing someone. I know this because I'm a jealous guy, and it was one of the things that drove my ex away.

Thank you for saying this :)
I really don't know what jealousy is like. I can't even force myself to care if my husband looks at another woman....I ask honestly, thanks for answering :)

#35 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 22 March 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Ugh that reminds me of that stupid John Lennon song he likes to play "Jealous Guy". But yeah, it does ruin a relationship. It can push the other person away if it's unfounded.

#36 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

View Posthobo73, on 22 March 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Evil teacher with a deep voice and steely stare? Some strange fantasies came out of the Harry potter films, let me tell you lmao

That voice, that nose, that hair, those robes....

Uhhhhhhhhh I'll be back later.

#37 hobo73

hobo73

• Members *
  • 2658 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 22 March 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 22 March 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

That voice, that nose, that hair, those robes....

Uhhhhhhhhh I'll be back later.

UM....me too. I think I just got caught passing notes in class and I've got detention! LMAO

#38 Slack jaw gaze

Slack jaw gaze

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2247 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

An empathy thought experiment was a crazy idea in retrospect. Who has time for that?

#39 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostSlack jaw gaze, on 22 March 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

An empathy thought experiment was a crazy idea in retrospect. Who has time for that?

Well you obviously have time for all of the other gibberish on here so...

#40 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Must be awful to be in a relationship with someone who is so insecure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lame thread title, geddy, husbands, boyfriends, jealousy, geddy shirtless, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users