And Now for Something Completely Different...Monty Python Thread v.2

Citizen of the World

Well the idea, funnily enough, came from an idea I had when I first joined the industry in 1919. Of course, in those days I was only the tea boy.

When I saw your film, it did seem to me that you had taken a rather subjective approach to it. :wtf:

Welcome to The Middle of the Film, where we take a break to invite you, the audience, to join us, the filmmakers, in "Find the Fish."

He is an halibut. I chose him out of thousands. I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

Do please go on. This is the least fascinating conversation I've ever had. :popcorn:
  • Like 1

Well the idea, funnily enough, came from an idea I had when I first joined the industry in 1919. Of course, in those days I was only the tea boy.

When I saw your film, it did seem to me that you had taken a rather subjective approach to it. :wtf:

Welcome to The Middle of the Film, where we take a break to invite you, the audience, to join us, the filmmakers, in "Find the Fish."

He is an halibut. I chose him out of thousands. I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

Do please go on. This is the least fascinating conversation I've ever had. :popcorn:

But you see, your report here says that you are an extremely dull person. Our experts describe you as an appallingly dull fellow, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humor, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful.

• Like 2

But you see, your report here says that you are an extremely dull person. Our experts describe you as an appallingly dull fellow, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humor, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful.

73, you have green, scaly skin, and soft yellow underbelly with a series of fin-like ridges running down your spine and tail. :outtahere:
  • Like 1

73, you have green, scaly skin, and soft yellow underbelly with a series of fin-like ridges running down your spine and tail. :outtahere:

You bloody fighting again. Break it up or I'll put this pick through your head.
  • Like 1

No, no, I'll take a boot in the teeth and a dagger up the strap!

• Like 2

Well done indeed, 73, a smile, a conquest and a dagger up your strap.
  • Like 1

I've always been interested in Imperial Rome from 73 right through to Vespasian. :popcorn:
  • Like 1

I've always been interested in Imperial Rome from 73 right through to Vespasian. :popcorn:

I have a very great friend in Rome called Biggus Dickus. He has a wife, you know. You know what she's called? She's called...

• Like 2

I have a very great friend in Rome called Biggus Dickus. He has a wife, you know. You know what she's called? She's called...

Wait. Don't tell me - it's something to do with moonlight - it goes with her eyes - it's soft and gentle, warm and yielding, deeply lyrical and yet tender and frightened like a tiny white rabbit Edited by Citizen of the World
  • Like 1

Wait. Don't tell me - it's something to do with moonlight - it goes with her eyes - it's soft and gentle, warm and yielding, deeply lyrical and yet tender and frightened like a tiny white rabbit

One woman who remembers McCitizen as a young friend - Lassie O'Shen. :hug2:
  • Like 1

Wait. Don't tell me - it's something to do with moonlight - it goes with her eyes - it's soft and gentle, warm and yielding, deeply lyrical and yet tender and frightened like a tiny white rabbit

I remember Citizen was very keen on boxing, until he learned to walk, then he took up putting the boot in the groin. Oh he was very interested in that. His mother had such trouble getting him to come in for his tea. He'd be out there putting his little boot in, you know, bless him. You know kids were very different then. They didn't have their heads filled with all this Cartesian dualism.
  • Like 1

I remember Citizen was very keen on boxing, until he learned to walk, then he took up putting the boot in the groin. Oh he was very interested in that. His mother had such trouble getting him to come in for his tea. He'd be out there putting his little boot in, you know, bless him. You know kids were very different then. They didn't have their heads filled with all this Cartesian dualism.

Their heads are addled with novels and poems, they come home every evening reeling of Chateau La Tour!

• Like 2

Their heads are addled with novels and poems, they come home every evening reeling of Chateau La Tour!

Quite the reverse is true of Chateau Chunder, which is an appelation controllée specially grown for those keen on regurgitation. A fine wine, which really opens up the sluices at both ends.
  • Like 1

Quite the reverse is true of Chateau Chunder, which is an appelation controllée specially grown for those keen on regurgitation. A fine wine, which really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Well, there's only just enough for me. You see, if I split what's left, there'd be hardly any left for me at all. :tsk:
  • Like 1

Well, there's only just enough for me. You see, if I split what's left, there'd be hardly any left for me at all. :tsk:

Well can I have spam instead?
  • Like 1

And three tins of beans for me please.

• Like 2

And three tins of beans for me please.

Brie, Roquefort, Pont-l'Eveque, Port Salut, Savoyard, Saint-Paulin, Carre-de-L'Est, Boursin, Bresse Bleu, Perle de Champagne?

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Sorry, that font and font size were too hard to read. Had to change it.
  • Like 2

or Cheddar or Gouda, if you're on the harder stuff.

It's really something other than else. :smoke: You dig it, man?

I'm afraid that's just one of his stories. You must understand that a blancmange impersonator and cannibal has to use some pretty clever stories to allay suspicion.

• Like 2

I'm afraid that's just one of his stories. You must understand that a blancmange impersonator and cannibal has to use some pretty clever stories to allay suspicion.

Here is this morning's story. Are you ready? Then we'll begin. 'One day Ricky the magic Pixie went to visit Daisy Bumble in her tumbledown cottage. He found her in the bedroom. Roughly he gabbed her heavy shoulders pulling her down on to the bed and ripping off her...
  • Like 2

Here is this morning's story. Are you ready? Then we'll begin. 'One day Ricky the magic Pixie went to visit Daisy Bumble in her tumbledown cottage. He found her in the bedroom. Roughly he gabbed her heavy shoulders pulling her down on to the bed and ripping off her...

Er, look would you mind running along for ten minutes? Make it half an hour.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Could you use just the standard board font and size, please? Need to be able to read your posts.
  • Like 2

Wouldn't mind buying her a bottle of Tizer.... if it's available in this area, that is. Edited by Citizen of the World
  • Like 2

Wouldn't mind buying her a bottle of Tizer.... if it's available in this area, that is.

Yeah, I'll have six bottles of Chateau Latour Forty-five, and a double Jeroboam of champagne. No, wait a minute. I think I can only manage six crates today.

• Like 3