Dallas Cowboys

Jerry has shown signs of changing, which tells me that he's taking advise from Steven.The best thing that could happen to this team is for Romo to go down, the season to be a disaster, and for us to draft a QB high up next year. J Football is not a great NFL QB. Id sure do him though. : )

I disagree. He has a SOLID O-line now which will also help the running game. But he and the offence can only do so much. We need a marked improvement on defence. There are a lot of QB's who "haven't won anything" that never get the flak that Romo does. He is way better than he is given credit for.
  • Like 1

I disagree. He has a SOLID O-line now which will also help the running game. But he and the offence can only do so much. We need a marked improvement on defence. There are a lot of QB's who "haven't won anything" that never get the flak that Romo does. He is way better than he is given credit for.

Very true. Our offensive line is slowly becoming a strength. The problem is that we can't name one single star player on the defense.

Well,

Don't get wrong. He has plenty of talent. He just seems to make boneheaded plays at the worst time. it's a pattern with him. Like Brett Favre. He was terrible at first and I used too make fun of him in front of my friend who is a huge fan. I told him that I hope Favre proves me wrong and in the end he did. Maybe Romo can do the same. I always give credit where it is due. :cheers:

• Like 1

Well,

Don't get wrong. He has plenty of talent. He just seems to make boneheaded plays at the worst time. it's a pattern with him. Like Brett Favre. He was terrible at first and I used too make fun of him in front of my friend who is a huge fan. I told him that I hope Favre proves me wrong and in the end he did. Maybe Romo can do the same. I always give credit where it is due. :cheers:

No doubt, he's made some really bone-headed plays at some of the worst times. I wonder what he'd be like if Parcells would have stayed two or three more years. Wade retarded Romo's growth.
  • Like 1

Well,

No doubt, he's made some really bone-headed plays at some of the worst times. I wonder what he'd be like if Parcells would have stayed two or three more years. Wade retarded Romo's growth.

Great comment about Parcells. He would have corrected the problem one way or another. Wade just seems to go with the flow.

• Like 1

Agreed. O-line is where the strength of a team originates. Its was true in the 90's and every other decade. It wears down the opponents D and keeps yours fresh. It's reason for hope, along with Marinelli. If Romo and a few other can stay healthy we can at least compete.

Good comments. Especially about Parcells. It is a shame he didn't stay. That play off loss against Seattle really killed him. The funny thing about Romo's boneheaded plays at the wrong time, is that he has the best 4th quarter QB rating in the league I think. So he actually plays well, but has some very high profile screw-ups.
  • Like 2

Good comments. Especially about Parcells. It is a shame he didn't stay. That play off loss against Seattle really killed him. The funny thing about Romo's boneheaded plays at the wrong time, is that he has the best 4th quarter QB rating in the league I think. So he actually plays well, but has some very high profile screw-ups.

I forgot why he left. Do you recall?

I forgot why he left. Do you recall?

Partly because of the game Syrinx was referring. Also, I think T.O. may have been the cherry on top to send him off.
  • Like 2

Getting TO killed what Big Tuna was trying to do, which was to change the culture at Valley Ranch. The #1 reason he left IMO. He was being asked to cook what Jerry was shopping for.
  • Like 4

Getting TO killed what Big Tuna was trying to do, which was to change the culture at Valley Ranch. The #1 reason he left IMO. He was being asked to cook what Jerry was shopping for.

And the culture is still f*cked up.

• Like 1

I get the feeling that the culture is changing (eternal optimist). They are developing the younger players rather than blow their brains out on aging players. They are stocking up on linemen. The hopeful side of me thinks Stephen may be exerting more influence.
  • Like 1

I get the feeling that the culture is changing (eternal optimist). They are developing the younger players rather than blow their brains out on aging players. They are stocking up on linemen. The hopeful side of me thinks Stephen may be exerting more influence.

I think a lot of it is Jason. But Jerry will always be there to throw a wrench into it. We didn't need to trade up in the second round and give up a third round pick for a pass rusher. If we would have stayed pat, we could have picked up two good defensive linemen. We give second and third round picks like candy.

• Like 2