Dallas Cowboys

A huge Blue Jays fan liquidcrystal. My second favourite sports franchise behind the Cowboys! Weakly Criminal, I agree if they thought he was the guaranteed future, they would have got him. So why was Jerry so upset after? A lot of this just doesn't make sense - but then this is the Dallas Cowboys! You are right. The Cowboys are putting it all on Elliot - more plays on offense takes the D off the field. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. Who will be the odd man out at RB?
  • Like 1

A huge Blue Jays fan liquidcrystal. My second favourite sports franchise behind the Cowboys! Weakly Criminal, I agree if they thought he was the guaranteed future, they would have got him. So why was Jerry so upset after? A lot of this just doesn't make sense - but then this is the Dallas Cowboys! You are right. The Cowboys are putting it all on Elliot - more plays on offense takes the D off the field. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. Who will be the odd man out at RB?

I'm not sure there need be one. Seems the boys think they can run run run in a league where defenses are built for the pass. Should be fun to watch.

I'm not sure there need be one. Seems the boys think they can run run run in a league where defenses are built for the pass. Should be fun to watch.

Agreed. We are going against the grain and it just may work. Defenses are now built to defend the pass first and the run second.
  • Like 1

How do you spread the touches around? I guess Dunbar may start on PUP, but Elliot, McFadden and Morris - that's a lot of RB talent.

Word down here is that we plan to use Elliot in certain packages as a wide out or slot receiver.
  • Like 1

How do you spread the touches around? I guess Dunbar may start on PUP, but Elliot, McFadden and Morris - that's a lot of RB talent.

Word down here is that we plan to use Elliot in certain packages as a wide out or slot receiver.

Ziek, McFadden and Morris are all three down backs. They can all block and catch the ball. That's a lot of flexibility and depth. Obviously you're going to want to get Zeke the bulk of the touches, but you also have the luxury of working him in slow if need be, and providing great veteran leadership and competition.

This could be a genius draft, but I'll need to see it to believe it.

Can't wait! I didn't see much news from the rookie mini camp - not that you can tell much. But anyone hear anything interesting?

Here ya go bra.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/05/08/10-things-learned-cowboys-rookie-minicamp-including-dezs-health-prescotts-confidence

Thanks for that! I really hope Dak Prescott surprises us all and is the future QB. I like all I have seen and heard so far. It will all be about ability.
  • Like 1

Thanks for that! I really hope Dak Prescott surprises us all and is the future QB. I like all I have seen and heard so far. It will all be about ability.

When I asked you about being a Blue Jay's fan the other day. I did so to complement their uniforms but damn!! A few things have happened since then.

You know what? If I was a Rangers fan first and foremost, I would love Odor and what he did. As a Blue Jays fan, the bat flip is legendary. I am certain if it was a Rangers player who bat flipped under similar circumstances, it would be legendary down there instead of all the whining that happened. Bottom line, if you are going to whine about a bat flip, how can you defend a right to the jaw. Everyone sees these things through the rose-colored glasses of their home team allegiance. The media down there is so pro Odor and anti Bautista and it is the complete opposite up here. It has become an exciting rivalry hasn't it!

You know what? If I was a Rangers fan first and foremost, I would love Odor and what he did. As a Blue Jays fan, the bat flip is legendary. I am certain if it was a Rangers player who bat flipped under similar circumstances, it would be legendary down there instead of all the whining that happened. Bottom line, if you are going to whine about a bat flip, how can you defend a right to the jaw. Everyone sees these things through the rose-colored glasses of their home team allegiance. The media down there is so pro Odor and anti Bautista and it is the complete opposite up here. It has become an exciting rivalry hasn't it!

It is a serioius rivalry!

I didn't like the fact that we didn't address the bat flip earlier. And at first, I thought it was chicken shit for us to wait until the final game and basically the final at bat, until I heard what Eric Nadel had to say about it. Nadel pointed out the low numbers Bautista had against the Rangers this year. And he mentioned that it may have been the Rangers' plan all along to make him wait for the bean ball. He was basically saying that Bautista was thinking about being hit by a pitch at every single at bat of the season against the Rangers except the last one. And that's when he got it.

• Like 1

i agree with you 100%. But, we didn't do a bat flip (which, let's be honest here really, was more flipping us off than anything). And, Bautista didn't throw a right at Odor. So, it is what it is. And, both sides have their opinions. The punishments have been handed out. It's done, and we can all move on. But, I'm leaving the picture in my sig for about a week. Just like I had to see that f'ing bat flip for about a month non-stop after the playoffs. ;)

i agree with you 100%. But, we didn't do a bat flip (which, let's be honest here really, was more flipping us off than anything). And, Bautista didn't throw a right at Odor. So, it is what it is. And, both sides have their opinions. The punishments have been handed out. It's done, and we can all move on. But, I'm leaving the picture in my sig for about a week. Just like I had to see that f'ing bat flip for about a month non-stop after the playoffs. ;)

Keep it there forever please.

We'll see. :D

I actually have an updated version that I'm putting up tonight.

Hopefully it's more graphic. Instead of Joey Bat Flip he's now Joey Fat Lip.
  • Like 1

:rfl:

Voila! :D

Thanks, 73. :)

Voila! :D

Thanks, 73. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Sports/odor-bautista_zpspppkultt.png

:D

• Like 2

I actually love the avatar sullysue! I totally get it and I can state unequivocally that if Beltre had done the bat flip under opposite circumstances, I would have loved it also.
  • Like 3

Well it's Elliot at 4. That's a reach imo but he is a great fit. Prove me me wrong Zeke! Might be smart to be a running team in a league built to defend the pass, particularly if you've got an old broke dick qb.

I'm good with the pick. There are only a few elite running backs in the league and he should be one of them. I don't believe in the "plug in and play" philosophy that some have in regards to the running back position. Now, let's get some f***ing front seven defensive players in the next few rounds.

When he gets past that first line of defense forget it. He is gone. Great pick up and I wish him the best of luck. Gonna miss him at OSU.

• Like 1

Well it's Elliot at 4. That's a reach imo but he is a great fit. Prove me me wrong Zeke! Might be smart to be a running team in a league built to defend the pass, particularly if you've got an old broke dick qb.

I'm good with the pick. There are only a few elite running backs in the league and he should be one of them. I don't believe in the "plug in and play" philosophy that some have in regards to the running back position. Now, let's get some f***ing front seven defensive players in the next few rounds.

When he gets past that first line of defense forget it. He is gone. Great pick up and I wish him the best of luck. Gonna miss him at OSU.

I like the fact that he's an all around back. The word is that he can really do just about anything. We are chomping at the bit to see how it will turn out this year.
  • Like 2

I actually love the avatar sullysue! I totally get it and I can state unequivocally that if Beltre had done the bat flip under opposite circumstances, I would have loved it also.

That's very big of you, Syrinx! :)

I'll get over the Bautista thing eventually. But, the situation is a little surreal, given that I never thought we'd live down the outcome of that epic ALDS.

I think that is just out of respect. Elliot has been saying all the right things. He is there to learn from the veteran's. he will be the lead by the end of training camp.
  • Like 2