• Please log in to reply
726 replies to this topic

#721 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

I wouldn't know what the Runaways looked like if I ran into them.

Edited by Lorraine, 05 February 2015 - 08:21 PM.

Sponsored Post

#722 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

View PostLorraine, on 05 February 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

So I guess my post showed up? I figured you'd be familiar with them since they were pretty popular back in the 70's and because of their history with Rush. Oh and because of Joan Jett and Lita Ford.

#723 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:32 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 05 February 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

So I guess my post showed up? I figured you'd be familiar with them since they were pretty popular back in the 70's and because of their history with Rush. Oh and because of Joan Jett and Lita Ford.

I never cared for female singers.  Stevie Nicks and Annie (can't remember her last name - from Renaissance) are the two exceptions.  I heard of The Runaways but couldn't tell you one song they did.  I heard of Joan Jett, but I thought she went solo?  Lita Ford, I have no idea who she is.  

And I am ignorant of their history with Rush.

#724 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

View PostLorraine, on 05 February 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 05 February 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

I never cared for female singers.  Stevie Nicks and Annie (can't remember her last name - from Renaissance) are the two exceptions.  I heard of The Runaways but couldn't tell you one song they did.  I heard of Joan Jett, but I thought she went solo?  Lita Ford, I have no idea who she is.  

And I am ignorant of their history with Rush.

Joan Jett and Lita Ford both went solo after The Runaways broke up. Lita Ford was a guitarist as well. One song she did that you might remember was Close My Eyes Forever that she sung with Ozzy Osborne.

There was supposedly a feud between Rush and The Runaways. The girls thought the guys didn't respect their music (I wouldn't be surprised at that) and that they looked down on them. (wouldn't surprised me either) But I doubt it was as bad as the girls made it out to be. However that being said, all of them were young, so anything could have happened.

Here's a couple of quotes from Geddy:

Geddy Lee Finally Speaks Out About The Runaways: "They were too shitty to listen to" - Prog Magazine
The new issue of Prog magazine is now on newsstands, and inside Geddy Lee finally gives his side of The Runaways story of when they opened for Rush at Detroit's Cobo Hall on February 10, 1977, as dramatized in their feature film.

Rush fans will recall Joan Jett's comments while promoting the film:

"...Joan Jett says members of Rush were anything but polite Canucks when the Runaways opened for them in the 1970s. In the new film biopic about the band titled The Runaways, Jett (played by Kristen Stewart) is derided by an unidentified rock group they're opening for. She later retaliates by breaking into their dressing room and urinating on one of their guitars. Jett doesn't hesitate to identify the real-life inspiration for the scene. 'Rush! They sat on the side of the stage and laughed at us,' Jett says. 'That sort of stuff pisses me off.'" - JamMusic, January 29, 2010

"The Runaways had a ginormous chip on their shoulders. I remember that show. We had trouble with our gear so our soundcheck got delayed and The Runaways never got one. But we were always good to whoever was opening for us. We had no bias against them because they were girls - none of that bullshit. I know they said that we were laughing at them when they played, but quite frankly they were too shitty to listen to. And 40 years later they have a story to tell about it. Who knew?"

#725 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

She later retaliates by breaking into their dressing room and urinating on one of their guitars.

Why, of course!  That's what any sane and rational person would do.

Seriously, who in their right mind would even think of ever doing something like that?

Thank you, Eagle.  I didn't know this about Rush and The Runaways.

#726 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostLorraine, on 06 February 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

She later retaliates by breaking into their dressing room and urinating on one of their guitars.

Why, of course!  That's what any sane and rational person would do.

Seriously, who in their right mind would even think of ever doing something like that?

Thank you, Eagle.  I didn't know this about Rush and The Runaways.

You're welcome. :)

#727 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11062 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users