Official Joe Bonamassa Thread

Maverick

I'm one listen in. Liking the horns. So far better than Driving, but I'd say LESS than Dust Bowl or Black Rock. But that may change some with time too. Just a single listen...

Also have the new (!!!) Gary Clark Jr. live CD in hand and spinning that now before getting back to Joe. I highly recommend it, oh fans of the blues. Great raw (!) playing. Ultimate in unpolished. Awesome voice too. Please check that out:

http://www.amazon.co...s=gary clark jr

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 1

Well, I downloaded GCJ Live from iTunes this afternoon, and WOW! I have his iTunes Sessions (which is really good) and Black and Blu (which is ok. I'm not too fond of the non-blues stuff.) But this album is killer so far. He's got such great tone, loves his fuzz pedals, and is really tasteful.
  • Like 1

Well, I downloaded GCJ Live from iTunes this afternoon, and WOW! I have his iTunes Sessions (which is really good) and Black and Blu (which is ok. I'm not too fond of the non-blues stuff.) But this album is killer so far. He's got such great tone, loves his fuzz pedals, and is really tasteful.

Ugh! You know my feelings right now regarding Mr. B. But, I'm DYING to hear this thing. Ugh!

Ugh! You know my feelings right now regarding Mr. B. But, I'm DYING to hear this thing. Ugh!

The JB rekkid is really, really good. It's very different from Dust Bowl and Driving Towards the Daylight, but in a good way. The gospel number at the end better get played in concert.!

:madra:

• Like 1

Good man..! Loving this album.

• Like 1

Good man..! Loving this album.

I didn't even know it was out until I read your post yesterday. Then I was like, "Ah shit, if Digi likes it, I know I gotta get it!"

• Like 1

Throwback to his cover of one of Led Zeppelin's most underrated pieces. And boy, does he give it new life. I love this man's tone. Very spacey, reminds me of a Seventh Son-era Adrian Smith.

• Like 2

As a huge fan of Buddy Guy, I'm really appreciating his style on Different Shades Of Blue. The only thing I'm finding that could make this album better is if Buddy appeared on a song with Joe. Current favorite is Love Ain't A Love Song, but it'll probably change.
  • Like 2

As a huge fan of Buddy Guy, I'm really appreciating his style on Different Shades Of Blue. The only thing I'm finding that could make this album better is if Buddy appeared on a song with Joe. Current favorite is Love Ain't A Love Song, but it'll probably change.

I really like that one, too.

Throwback to his cover of one of Led Zeppelin's most underrated pieces. And boy, does he give it new life. I love this man's tone. Very spacey, reminds me of a Seventh Son-era Adrian Smith.

I think he did this live on one of his Tour de Force DVD's.

Thought I'd share this here:

So for anybody who doesn't know, I'm currently studying abroad in England. Sure enough, the amount of Rush fans here is far less than it is in America, but I went out for dinner tonight at a local pizza joint wearing my Bonamassa T-shirt (a John Henry one) and the guy at the counter asked me about it. I told him I'm a huge fan of Bonamassa and he got really excited. Says he saw him on the Dust Bowl tour at Hammersmith Apollo and that he's got quite the following here.

I don't know how credible this guy's opinion is, but I am very surprised to hear that a contemporary blues rock artist is that popular, let alone outside his own country. I never hear anybody (apart from my dad and people on TRF) talk about him back at home.

• Like 1

Thought I'd share this here:

So for anybody who doesn't know, I'm currently studying abroad in England. Sure enough, the amount of Rush fans here is far less than it is in America, but I went out for dinner tonight at a local pizza joint wearing my Bonamassa T-shirt (a John Henry one) and the guy at the counter asked me about it. I told him I'm a huge fan of Bonamassa and he got really excited. Says he saw him on the Dust Bowl tour at Hammersmith Apollo and that he's got quite the following here.

I don't know how credible this guy's opinion is, but I am very surprised to hear that a contemporary blues rock artist is that popular, let alone outside his own country. I never hear anybody (apart from my dad and people on TRF) talk about him back at home.

Joe is pretty big in England, especially London. There is a reason he did the Tour de Force over there.

New live record is out, this time it's Joe playing with Muddy Wolf, a Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf tribute band at Red Rocks. Gonna give this a listen later today, looks like an AWESOME setlist of the oldies plus some of Joe's material at the end. Live performance of Oh Beautiful! :haz:
  • Like 1

New live record is out, this time it's Joe playing with Muddy Wolf, a Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf tribute band at Red Rocks. Gonna give this a listen later today, looks like an AWESOME setlist of the oldies plus some of Joe's material at the end. Live performance of Oh Beautiful! :haz:

I'll have to check it out.