RUSH Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, June 25

hazlnut

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 4 2010, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 4 2010, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 4 2010, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 4 2010, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 4 2010, 08:47 PM)
Wait a minute, how can they be inducted to the Walk of Fame when they have yet been inducted to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame???

i don't know what's worse, the rocknroll hall of fame or the walk of fame.

i guess it doesn't matter because i pay no attention to both.

Ppl here dismiss it bc Rush hasnt yet been recognized in the hall of fame. And believe me I think they deserve, but it sure as hell does mean something.

I think the issue with Rush is even though they are as good as they are, they havent really sparked any sort of a movement in music. They've influenced many popular musicians, and did it all on their own terms, but if you look at what they've done, they've always been followers.

They started doing prog rock when it was already being done years before they got into it. They tightened up their song writing when it was already being done, they got a much more 80s sound after bands around them had already been doing it for years.

They then got into grungs, AFTER bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam came around. They've never really been innovators, thats whats kept them out of the hall of fame. And it is a great honor to get in that.

This star I dont think has a lot to do with their music itself, but rather where they've been recognized in TV and film.

Yeah, definitely their TV work that got them there.. laugh.gif

You need to educate yourself on the concept of "influences" in music, then re-evaluate Rush's position in the world of rock music.

At that point you'll realize what utter drivel your post is.

laugh.gif

I smeall a blind fanboi. Your post is clearly useless if you cannot understand the difference between influence and innovation, which is exactly what the hall of fame looks for.

You're another rush tool that is unable to see things as they really are.

No, not at all. There are plenty of Rush songs I don't like. What I am is an incredibly good judge of nonsense. laugh.gif

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't understand some of you phuck-o's biggrin.gif Any opportunity to rip on each other....and even the band whom the site is dedicated to. From the sound of some of the posts on TRF, I assumed they were from dildos that JUST signed up to badger people and make themselves feel better. BUUUT, the posts are from 'thousand plus' members! What gives? Just curious, I am fairly new here and have been noticing alot of bull$hit in most of the threads. As fans, we are on the verge of an epic summer of RUSH....don't cloud it up with runny turds bolt.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 4 2010, 08:20 PM)
All I can say is - I hope their individual names are somewhere on that plaque, because otherwise people will automatically assume it's Rush Limbaugh.

No, because Rush Lamebaugh would have a radio mic symbol.

Rush will have a record symbol. And be in caps.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 4 2010, 10:41 PM)
Well, I personally think it's cool and very ironic given the RHOF "situation." Ironic as in funny as hell. But, I think it sucks that they have to pay for it. How stupid.

being in the same institution that has honored ryan seacrest is kind of a buzzkill though.. no? smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 4 2010, 09:48 PM)
Well, I personally think it's cool and very ironic given the RHOF "situation." Ironic as in funny as hell. But, I think it sucks that they have to pay for it. How stupid.

being in the same institution that has honored ryan seacrest is kind of a buzzkill though.. no? smile.gif

seacrest is on the walk of lame? unsure.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 4 2010, 10:51 PM)

seacrest in on the walk of lame? unsure.gif

http://photos.upi.com/topics-RYAN-SEACREST-RECEIVES-STAR-ON-HOLLYWOOD-WALK-OF-FAME/c5f0266e8d4296fabb1baede8595b4b9/R_19.jpg

So.. we want Rush to be honored with this talentless ass-hat, this generations answer to Ed McMahon?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 4 2010, 11:11 PM)

http://photos.upi.com/topics-RYAN-SEACREST-RECEIVES-STAR-ON-HOLLYWOOD-WALK-OF-FAME/c5f0266e8d4296fabb1baede8595b4b9/R_19.jpg

So.. we want Rush to be honored with this talentless ass-hat, this generations answer to Ed McMahon?

and honored along with Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Fred Astaire, Elvis Presley, Jackie Gleason, Kiss, Johnny Cash, and Lucille Ball. To be in the company of these names is astounding, and you want to fixate on Ryan Seacrest?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 4 2010, 10:11 PM)

asshat? i love it!

i really hate hollywood today. i prefer reading a book than watching a movie made today.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 4 2010, 11:24 PM)

and honored along with Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Fred Astaire, Elvis Presley, Jackie Gleason, Kiss, Johnny Cash, and Lucille Ball. To be in the company of these names is astounding, and you want to fixate on Ryan Seacrest?

These type honors dont impress me, especially when they cost money. So I mock them.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 4 2010, 11:44 PM)

These type honors dont impress me, especially when they cost money. So I mock them.

It's neither here nor there for me. I'm not impressed, yet at the same time it's kind of cool that they'll be on the Walk of Fame. But at no time would Seacrest enter my mind. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 4 2010, 11:47 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 4 2010, 11:44 PM)

It's neither here nor there for me. I'm not impressed, yet at the same time it's kind of cool that they'll be on the Walk of Fame. But at no time would Seacrest enter my mind. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif His fame to talent ratio is so unreasonably high that I feel obligated ot point it out.. trink39.gif

cool, now homeless people will be able to sleep on their name! Seriously though, this is hardly even an honor. Has anyone SEEN the walk of fame in the last 10 years?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 4 2010, 09:47 PM)
hollywood walk of lame. there's no honor in having your a star cemented in the ground especially when it seems that anybody and everybody gets a star these days. you couldn't pay me to visit LA.

Ya... that's kinda how I feel about it. Too many "nobodys" are given stars there these days. It's kinda lost the prestigious feel to it.. I dunno maybe I'm just jaded.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 4 2010, 08:20 PM)
All I can say is - I hope their individual names are somewhere on that plaque, because otherwise people will automatically assume it's Rush Limbaugh.

GOD FORBID!!!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif angry.gif wacko.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2010, 08:41 AM)
What a bunch of f***ing hypocrites. You say you want Rush to get more attention, and now they're getting nothing but and you do nothing but bitch about it!

pretty much..........too many "Rush is too good for the RRHF", "f**k Rolling Stone" etc... bullshit............IF nobody seems to care, then why is this subject continually re-hashed????

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2010, 09:41 AM)
What a bunch of f***ing hypocrites. You say you want Rush to get more attention, and now they're getting nothing but and you do nothing but bitch about it!

Wow, we spend our lives telling people about the best band ever, then when people start to listen...

I'm happy for them.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2010, 09:41 AM)

i never mentioned anything about wanting rush to get more attention. let people discover them on their own.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 5 2010, 02:11 PM)

pretty much..........too many "Rush is too good for the RRHF", "f**k Rolling Stone" etc... bullshit............IF nobody seems to care, then why is this subject continually re-hashed????

i think i might have said f**k Rolling Stone at some point but only because i meant it. tongue.gif

Exactly. But I think I know why. Because Rush doesn't care about the RRHoF, the fans think they shouldn't either. They simply follow Rush's ideas because of their massive erections for anything Rush says or does. If Rush actually cared about getting in, the fans would, too.

You guys are telling me that once Rush gets in, no one will care? Give me a break.

I think we've all figured that RRHoF is waiting until 2012 to make RUSH the one and only inductee that year.

Rush will do their final tour and their space ship will return to pick them up.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 5 2010, 02:32 PM)

i never mentioned anything about wanting rush to get more attention.  let people discover them on their own.

The people that actually care about music will stumble across them eventually.

Archived