RUSH Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, June 25

hazlnut

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 26 2010, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 26 2010, 06:10 PM)
I dunno, but there was a ton of it on the Rush facebook page too. The negativity is unbelievable. Whether you like his music or not, the dude is cool enough to speak glowingly about the band in the movie, introduce them at the ceremony with some really kind words, and I hear way too much "Corgan wouldn't hold Rush's jock" BS

It's really sad...get over yourselves

Seriously. Corgan is sort of like another Geddy -- a very talented and high-profile musician in a very popular band who has a unique singing voice. A lot of people don't like Corgan's voice, just like with Geddy's. I'm sure the boys respect Corgan big time and are sincerely flattered that he speaks so glowingly about them.

You don't have to like Corgan or his music, but if you can't respect him then you're pretty closed-minded.

Gish,Siamese dream and Mellon collie rock..I don't get all the hate either

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 26 2010, 06:18 PM)
I dunno, but there was a ton of it on the Rush facebook page too. The negativity is unbelievable. Whether you like his music or not, the dude is cool enough to speak glowingly about the band in the movie, introduce them at the ceremony with some really kind words, and I hear way too much "Corgan wouldn't hold Rush's jock" BS

Seriously. Corgan is sort of like another Geddy -- a very talented and high-profile musician in a very popular band who has a unique singing voice. A lot of people don't like Corgan's voice, just like with Geddy's. I'm sure the boys respect Corgan big time and are sincerely flattered that he speaks so glowingly about them.

You don't have to like Corgan or his music, but if you can't respect him then you're pretty closed-minded.

Never been a Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan at all for that exact reason - Corgan's voice just isn't to my taste. (Also, in his younger years he was evidently something of a jerk, but he appears to have really grown up and gotten control of himself and his life. I have a lot of respect for that).

But I do recognize what he's brought to music, and that he's extremely talented. I'd be honored to meet the man.

So we've now progressed from Neil-bashing to Corgan-bashing. Nice. Way to ruin a pretty special moment.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 26 2010, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 26 2010, 06:18 PM)

Never been a Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan at all for that exact reason - Corgan's voice just isn't to my taste. (Also, in his younger years he was evidently something of a jerk, but he appears to have really grown up and gotten control of himself and his life. I have a lot of respect for that).

But I do recognize what he's brought to music, and that he's extremely talented. I'd be honored to meet the man.

So we've now progressed from Neil-bashing to Corgan-bashing. Nice. Way to ruin a pretty special moment.

In the context of this event -- the boys getting a Star -- all this bashing and closed-mindedness is hard to understand.

So here we go....our favorite band (at least I think most of us here call Rush our favorite band) gets some well deserved recognition with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and the haters, bashers and critics come out of the woodwork again.

Being critical is one thing, but bashing is another. Why the hate for NEP? Geddy and Al were there, so what's the big deal. Neil has attended other ceremonies. Maybe he truly does not like crowds.

I do think that many of the 'haters' hate because they like to rile up the rest of us. They throw a little grenade into the room, and watch the fireworks ensue.

I think we should be excited and proud that our band, yeah OUR band is still together, still relevant, still putting out great new music and getting recognition.

Name another band that started more than 40 years ago that is still together, still putting out new music that's getting airplay, touring and has a rabid following like Rush has....

I think you'd be hard pressed....

Listen I think the accolades are great. It kind of validates our obsession for the band. But I could care less if one, let alone any of them show up to pick an award. The guys, and I include Neil with his very personal, in depth and pretty regular News, Sports & Weather reports on his website, have all been more than gracious with their access they give fans.

I care about the music....the rest is window dressing. So quit your bitching and bellyaching.

I'm off my soapbox....

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 26 2010, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 26 2010, 05:18 PM)

Gish,Siamese dream and Mellon collie rock..I don't get all the hate either

Not a huge fan of Smashing Pumpkins but their first two albums are essential.

I really do love Chamberlin on the drums. The guy is wicked!

Yeah, it's cool that Billy loves Rush. I remember years ago someone sent me a link to Billy performing "Limelight" acoustically. It was excellent.

As for Neil, say what you will but at the end of the day he is one of the greatest drummers on the planet. You can't take that away from him.

I can't fuckking wait for New Mexico!!!!! I am PUMPED!!!!!!

2.gif ON!!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 26 2010, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 26 2010, 11:41 AM)
That note from Donna makes me feel ashamed.

how do we know for sure it was from her? this is the internet. laugh.gif

yeah - it was from her. She posted on her personal Facebook page (yes, it is indeed her page, I'm proud to say that I'm actually friends with her) "please, NO Neil-bashing. He has reasons for not being there but his family was."

This kind of shit is typical of some fans of any thing, any group, any person: they're never happy unless they're miserable.

QUOTE (TwoOneOneTwo @ Jun 26 2010, 09:09 PM)
This kind of shit is typical of some fans of any thing, any group, any person: they're never happy unless they're miserable.

Aaannnd they aren't TRULY happy until they are sure everyone else knows how miserable they are. If they can succeed in spreading the misery, well, then they're just on a donkey ride to heaven!

Having just seen the documentary for the first time and hearing Neil say in his own words his feelings about shyness and having a hard time with the adulation, etc., I have a lot more compassion and understanding for him not being there. I still wish he would have been there, but enough said...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 26 2010, 10:26 PM)
Having just seen the documentary for the first time and hearing Neil say in his own words his feelings about shyness and having a hard time with the adulation, etc., I have a lot more compassion and understanding for him not being there. I still wish he would have been there, but enough said...

trink39.gif

Archived