RUSH Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, June 25

hazlnut

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 25 2010, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 25 2010, 01:50 PM)
Here is a pic of it:

http://twitpic.com/1zvpp1

Is Neil the one who is dressed like a mime? confused13.gif

yeah, that's him.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can understand Neil not showing up at certain events, and I'm usually not one to put him down for his choices in terms of appearances, but I gotta say this is one I think he really should have been at - that's really pretty disappointing. It's his choice of course, but I don't think it reflects well on him or the band.

Just got home from the ceremony. About 1000 people showed up. So crowded I couldn't get a decent picture. Best moment: Laughter when the Chamber of Commerce guy referred to their album "Two One One Two".

And on top of it, I got a parking ticket! The bastard was waiting for the meter to run out. Missed it by five seconds!

NEIL IS A DICK NEIL IS A DICK NEIL IS A DICK NEIL IS A DICK

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 25 2010, 11:50 AM)
Here is a pic of it:

http://twitpic.com/1zvpp1

I hope you don't mind that I'm doin' a little copy and paste action.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/star.jpg

What a great picture!! Thank you so much! I wish I could have been there. I don't care what anybody else says, I think the fact that they now have a star is great! smile.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 25 2010, 01:09 PM)
just got back! it was definitely cool to see the boys honored by the Hollywood WOF. pics shortly!

YES!YES!YES!

Can't wait to see them. smile.gif

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce's "Walk of Fame Committee" is responsible for selecting a new group of entertainers each year to receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Nominations are submitted annually by May 31, and the Walk of Fame committee meets to pick the next year's group of honorees. Each June, the new recipients are announced for the following year. Each year, approximately 25 new persons are selected for a star on the Walk of Fame.

After being selected for a star and before the new star is placed on the Walk of Fame, the new recipient must agree to attend a presentation ceremony and a fee of $25,000 must be paid to the Hollywood Historic Trust to cover the costs of the star and the star ceremony. However, it is a common practice that the fee is paid by a sponsor such as film studio or record company, as part of the publicity associated with a new film or record release with which the honoree is involved. On other occasions, the fee has been paid fan clubs. But alas, the person whose name appears on the star often pays the fee. The presentation ceremony or unveiling must occur within five years of selection.

QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 25 2010, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jun 25 2010, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 24 2010, 05:32 PM)
From stargirl facebook:
Neil has gone on to the tour location.

So it'll be Geddy and Alex accepting the star and Neil's on his way to New Mexico I guess.

Shocking news, Neil dodging anything the band does except for what he absolutely has to do, not even going to something like this which is a huge honor.

Seems to me like he skips all the things he doesnt get paid for, and shows up at the shows, where he does get paid. What a team player.

Im pretty certain that if they ever get inducted in to the hall of fame, Geddy and Alex will be playing an acoustic set that night.

Couldn't have said it better. Well, I probably could have, but I agree wholeheartedly.

It's always about Neil.

Anyway, Congrats Geddy and Alex -- see ya' Tuesday night.

P.S. I doesn't take five days to drive to New Mexico from California, so that's a ridiculously lame excuse.

While I tend to agree that Neil could've and probably should've been there...still, congrats to Alex, Geddy & NEIL!!! (I believe he's earned it).

Yes he should have been there. Say whatever the you want about LA, not everyone gets a freaking star on the walk of fame. Some of the most talented humans that have ever lived are honored there for eternity. Any one of you would shit a brick at the chance to get one of those.

Obviously the guy can do whatever he wants, but that doesnt mean we cant criticize it. Him being on his bike on the way to a show that doesnt start til next Tuesday isnt a real good excuse. If that is the real reason its clear he just doesnt care about the bands legacy like Geddy and Alex do. Im very proud of them for earning this, and that anti-social nut is on his bike in the middle of nowhere right now.

It seems to me like he doesnt really care about anything involving Rush unless he's getting paid, or has to write, which ultimately results in him getting paid anyway. All the extra stuff that you just do to promote the band he skips, and even skips events in their honor. Feels like this really is a 2 man band with a hired hand behind the drums.

I think trenken and a couple others are really taking it hard that Neil didn't show up.

Don't take it personally guys, it's just a silly little ceremony.

Neil has tons of talent. In every song that you've ever heard screaming/growling in, that was Neil. In EVERY song. yes.gif

QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jun 25 2010, 02:07 PM)

P.S. I doesn't take five days to drive to New Mexico from California, so that's a ridiculously lame excuse.

Gawd - get over yourselves people.

NP doesn't have to justify his every move to you.

And can we please stop derailing this thread. Start your own NP bashing thread.

Anybody have more pics or vid clips?

Go pack sand you mouth-breathing supplicant.

The next time you post something clever and original will be the first time.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 25 2010, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 24 2010, 05:32 PM)
From stargirl facebook:
Neil has gone on to the tour location.

So it'll be Geddy and Alex accepting the star and Neil's on his way to New Mexico I guess.

Shocking news, Neil dodging anything the band does except for what he absolutely has to do, not even going to something like this which is a huge honor.

Seems to me like he skips all the things he doesnt get paid for, and shows up at the shows, where he does get paid. What a team player.

Im pretty certain that if they ever get inducted in to the hall of fame, Geddy and Alex will be playing an acoustic set that night.

Couldn't have said it better. Well, I probably could have, but I agree wholeheartedly.

It's always about Neil.

Anyway, Congrats Geddy and Alex -- see ya' Tuesday night.

While I tend to agree that Neil could've and probably should've been there...still, congrats to Alex, Geddy & NEIL!!! (I believe he's earned it).

Yes he should have been there. Say whatever the you want about LA, not everyone gets a freaking star on the walk of fame. Some of the most talented humans that have ever lived are honored there for eternity. Any one of you would shit a brick at the chance to get one of those.

Obviously the guy can do whatever he wants, but that doesnt mean we cant criticize it. Him being on his bike on the way to a show that doesnt start til next Tuesday isnt a real good excuse. If that is the real reason its clear he just doesnt care about the bands legacy like Geddy and Alex do. Im very proud of them for earning this, and that anti-social nut is on his bike in the middle of nowhere right now.

It seems to me like he doesnt really care about anything involving Rush unless he's getting paid, or has to write, which ultimately results in him getting paid anyway. All the extra stuff that you just do to promote the band he skips, and even skips events in their honor. Feels like this really is a 2 man band with a hired hand behind the drums.

Oh please.

If Geddy and Alex don't mind it, and the people that are presenting them with the various honors aren't offended, what right do any of us have to be "offended" about what Neil chooses to do - or not do - in these cases.

As long as he shows up to play on the recording sessions and on the tour, I'm happy.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 25 2010, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jun 25 2010, 03:51 PM)
Go pack sand you mouth-breathing supplicant.

The next time you post something clever and original will be the first time.

Can we pelase keep this civil? wtf.gif

Simply responding in kind.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 25 2010, 02:03 PM)
still downloading pics! got some good ones!!!

This climax is going to be unreal. Can we please have the pics!!!! I want to see them nowwwwwwwwww. fists crying.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 25 2010, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 25 2010, 03:40 PM)

A silly little ceremony? I'd call getting a star on the Walk of Fame more than a silly little thing.

I'm sure they are honored, but really, it ain't that big a deal.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 25 2010, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 25 2010, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 25 2010, 03:40 PM)

A silly little ceremony? I'd call getting a star on the Walk of Fame more than a silly little thing.

I'm sure they are honored, but really, it ain't that big a deal.

I was there and it wasnt silly. they seemed truly honored.

pics are a comin!

Archived