I love coffee

Mara

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 5 2010, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 5 2010, 07:40 AM)
I do have an ulcer and the first words out of my mouth when I was told the diagnosis were, "What about coffee?????"
I was much reassured.  It's a case-by-case thing; some ulcer patients can handle it and for some it's very irritating.  It does not cause or worsen ulcers, though.  (Um, yeah, I did fudge a little when asked how much I drink).
Oh yeah, I also drink at least 1 two-liter bottle/day of Diet Mountain Dew, preferably flat. 

Before anyone gets on my case: I hate water.  It's bland, it's boring, and the flavored sparkling waters I like are too expensive.  Putting a lemon slice in the plain stuff does not help. 
I sweat so heavily working out that I need something in addition to plain water, or I cramp.

You drink Mountain Dew flat and you hate water? huh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

I prefer water over pop now a days... I love my coffee but I drink the Crystal Light energy through out the day.

unsure.gif

speaking of soda, there ain't no way I'm drinking it flat. If it's cold, I don't want ice because it only waters it down.

I limit myself to drinking one cup of coffee in the morning. Like Mara, giving up coffee is too sacrificial. Isn't it enough that I gave up cigarettes?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 5 2010, 08:30 AM)
But after my AM joe, I down water for the rest of the day. If not, then I get major dehydration headaches.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif same here...no headaches, though (unless I don't have those 1-2 cups of coffee laugh.gif).

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 5 2010, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 5 2010, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 5 2010, 09:42 AM)
Alabama is too ass-backwards to have TJ's.  eyesre4.gif

Same with upstate NY.

there's some legalistic thing or policy that's stopping them.

Yeah, the legal stuff is bass-ackwards wink.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 5 2010, 10:40 AM)
I do have an ulcer and the first words out of my mouth when I was told the diagnosis were, "What about coffee?????"
I was much reassured. It's a case-by-case thing; some ulcer patients can handle it and for some it's very irritating. It does not cause or worsen ulcers, though. (Um, yeah, I did fudge a little when asked how much I drink).
Oh yeah, I also drink at least 1 two-liter bottle/day of Diet Mountain Dew, preferably flat.

Before anyone gets on my case: I hate water. It's bland, it's boring, and the flavored sparkling waters I like are too expensive. Putting a lemon slice in the plain stuff does not help.
I sweat so heavily working out that I need something in addition to plain water, or I cramp.

When I was training for my half marathon, I drank 1/2 water, 1/2 gatorade to replenish and keep me going after so many miles. Straight gatorade is kinda gross (and usually the only thing available in actual runs) but then I only take a sip or two.

I love coffee. Nuff said laugh.gif But only Dunkin' Donuts coffee, and lately I've had to brew it myself, cause the shops have been making really crappy coffee lately...

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 5 2010, 10:22 AM)
http://www.energyfiend.com/wp-content/dil.gif

rofl3.gif

I have this cartoon on my computer. Dilbert has the best coffee-related cartoons ever.

I love coffee. I just finished a 24-ounce cup of it about 2 hours ago, and I am contemplating more.

BEHOLD.....as I typed that, I just got an email from a co-worker about a pot of coffee that he just brewed "for your after-lunch rejuvenation!" They know me all too well around here.

In fact, when you see me surfing TRF in the mornings (Eastern time), it is with a cup of coffee, however large right beside me.

TRF and coffee......two great things that go GREAT together!!! 653.gif th1245.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 5 2010, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 5 2010, 10:22 AM)
http://www.energyfiend.com/wp-content/dil.gif

rofl3.gif

I have this cartoon on my computer. Dilbert has the best coffee-related cartoons ever.

I love coffee. I just finished a 24-ounce cup of it about 2 hours ago, and I am contemplating more.

BEHOLD.....as I typed that, I just got an email from a co-worker about a pot of coffee that he just brewed "for your after-lunch rejuvenation!" They know me all too well around here.

In fact, when you see me surfing TRF in the mornings (Eastern time), it is with a cup of coffee, however large right beside me.

TRF and coffee......two great things that go GREAT together!!! 653.gif th1245.gif yes.gif

QuikTrip sells a mug that holds 52 ounces. Refills are 99 cents, and they have pretty good coffee.

I have 2 of them.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jan 5 2010, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 4 2010, 10:43 PM)
Notice that guys can turn any thread into being related to farts or bacon?  Seriously.. just watch...  hahahaaaa

Time for bacon girl...

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bacon-bikini-nsfw.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/homer_drool_baconboobs.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 5 2010, 03:40 PM)
You would fit right in here in Seattle.

Funny you should mention this....

When I was in Seattle a couple of years ago, I made it a point to get some coffee from the ORIGINAL Starbucks in the downtown area (near the fish market? confused13.gif ) when I was there. wub.gif

It was like a Muslim completing a pilgrammage to Mecca. laugh.gif

I just did some poking 'round the Net, and it turns out I may be allergic to something in coffee other than the caffeine which is making me feel as crummy as I do. In answer to the question "Do you feel this way when drinking caffeinated soda or chocolate," the answer is a big NO. I can drink 2-liters of caffeinated soda per day and feel fine, but just one cup of coffee will often send me into a freak-out. wacko.gif

It's gotta be the coffee, not the caffeine. Now what can I do about it so I can still drink coffee? Because I LOVE it!!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 5 2010, 02:37 PM)

When I was in Seattle a couple of years ago, I made it a point to get some coffee from the ORIGINAL Starbucks in the downtown area (near the fish market? confused13.gif ) when I was there. wub.gif

I hit that Starbucks whenever I go to the Market and it is an awful experience! I totally understand the Mecca thing though. It's so tiny and all the pilgrims are always lined up out the door. tongue.gif

Random Seattle Starbucks music fact: Remember the song "Spoonman" by Soundgarden? Spoonman (real name, Artis) used to play in front of that Starbucks all the time. When I first moved to Seattle, and before that song became a hit, you could see him down there all the time going to town playing his spoons. He was incredible to watch.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 5 2010, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 5 2010, 02:37 PM)

I hit that Starbucks whenever I go to the Market and it is an awful experience! I totally understand the Mecca thing though. It's so tiny and all the pilgrims are always lined up out the door. tongue.gif

Random Seattle Starbucks music fact: Remember the song "Spoonman" by Soundgarden? Spoonman (real name, Artis) used to play in front of that Starbucks all the time. When I first moved to Seattle, and before that song became a hit, you could see him down there all the time going to town playing his spoons. He was incredible to watch.

there's some red head is in the house

wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 5 2010, 03:47 PM)
Notice that guys can turn any thread into being related to farts or bacon?  Seriously.. just watch...  hahahaaaa

Time for bacon girl...

Thank God for the internet. Just imagine a time when one could only try to conjure up the image of hot chicks in bacon underwear. trink39.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 5 2010, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 5 2010, 03:47 PM)

Time for bacon girl...

Thank God for the internet. Just imagine a time when one could only try to conjure up the image of hot chicks in bacon underwear. trink39.gif

http://ingamenow.com/bacon-bikini-pictures/

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 6 2011, 03:51 PM)
i just tried a free cup of coffee at trader joe's. it was called columbian supremo trader joe's and it was smooth. coffee.gif

TJ's do have themselves some good coffee. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 6 2011, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 6 2011, 03:51 PM)
i just tried a free cup of coffee at trader joe's.  it was called columbian supremo trader joe's and it was smooth. coffee.gif

TJ's do have themselves some good coffee. yes.gif

I am drinking a freshly brewed mug of coffee made from TJ's Ethiopian beans as we speak. That these quality fair-trade organic beans are only $8.00 a can is a bargain and a half.