2008 NFL Playoffs

Test4VitalSigns

Ok the schedule's been set for this year's playoffs....let's get our predictions in 1287.gif

Saturday January 3rd

4:30pm Atlanta at Arizona

8:00pm Indianapolis at San Diego

Sunday Janary 4th

1:00 Baltimore at Miami

4:30 Philadelphia at Minnesota

My picks

Falcons 27 Cards 24

Colts 31 Chargers 27

Ravens 17 Dolphins 13

Vikings 24 Eagles 17

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falcons 30 Cardinals 27

Colts 24 Chargers 34

Ravens 23 Dolphins 20

Vikings 13 Eagles 23

Any NFL playoffs sans the Dallas Cowboys is a good one.

Go Eagles!!!

QUOTE (ashpkt @ Dec 31 2008, 12:59 PM)
Any NFL playoffs sans the Dallas Cowboys is a good one.

Go Eagles!!!

laugh.gif Hell yeah!

And the Patriots are missing too!

Falcons (The Cards are a by Default Playoff Team)

Colts They are Looking more and More like the Colts of Old and LT and Friends don't handle pressure well.

Vikes ( I can not and will not root for the Eagles)This one is a coin toss!

Ravens ( Wildcat NEVERMORE)

And as far as the Cowboys and Patriots not being out of the Playoffs this will hurt the TV Revenue. But it was bound to Happen Enjoy it while you can trink39.gif

QUOTE (Slime @ Jan 1 2009, 10:26 AM)
Will there be a home team for the Superbowl?

Raymond James Stadium in Tampa will host Super Bowl XLIII (43). Since the Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't make the playoffs, it eliminates the idea of a team playing on its home field in the Super Bowl.

The NFC champion is the designated "home team" in this season's Super Bowl. The NFC is the home team in odd-numbered Super Bowls and the AFC is the home team in even-numbered games.

No team has played a Super Bowl in its home stadium.

The closest a team played to its home turf was Super Bowl XIV at the end of 1979-80 season. The Los Angeles Rams met the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Rose Bowl, located in the LA suburb of Pasadena 23.2 kilometers/14.5 miles from Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Because of the home team rotation, the Rams were the visiting team in that game.

Well folks I can't make a prediction this week.

My feeling is this will be the hardest playoff game for Miami. If they win against Baltimore, I think they have a genuine shot at the AFC title. Although it's highly unlikely I don't think a Chargers upset is totally out of the questions either.

I don't forsee any major blow outs this week I think they will all be close games.

For the NFC I like the giants. Carolina is good but, I don't think they will beat the Giants.

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Jan 2 2009, 07:14 AM)

The closest a team played to its home turf was Super Bowl XIV at the end of 1979-80 season. The Los Angeles Rams met the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Rose Bowl, located in the LA suburb of Pasadena 23.2 kilometers/14.5 miles from Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Because of the home team rotation, the Rams were the visiting team in that game.

That's interesting. I thought possibly San Fran, with Joe Montana, had played one at it's home field in San Fran back in the 80's but maybe not. Good info.

Odds are that a team will be playing in, and hosting one soon though. Then again, when there are only a limited number of sites that host the SB, it makes it that much harder for a team to play in it's own stadium.

Looking at this link of future SB sites, I see that in 2011 the Cowboys will host SB XLV at their new stadium that opens when next season starts. Oh hell no, not Dallas!!! dazed025.gif tongue.gif

www.nfl.com/superbowl/futuresites

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Jan 3 2009, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Jan 2 2009, 07:14 AM)

That's interesting. I thought possibly San Fran, with Joe Montana, had played one at it's home field in San Fran back in the 80's but maybe not. Good info.

Odds are that a team will be playing in, and hosting one soon though. Then again, when there are only a limited number of sites that host the SB, it makes it that much harder for a team to play in it's own stadium.

Looking at this link of future SB sites, I see that in 2011 the Cowboys will host SB XLV at their new stadium that opens when next season starts. Oh hell no, not Dallas!!! dazed025.gif tongue.gif

www.nfl.com/superbowl/futuresites

The 49ers played the Dolphins in Super Box XIX (end of 1984-85 season) at Stanford Stadium in Palo Alto, about 30 miles from Candlestick Park.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Jan 3 2009, 10:06 AM)

Pretty close. Super Bowl XIX, where the Niners beat Marino and the Dolphins, was held at Stanford Stadium (Stanford University) in Palo Alto, Ca. which is just south of San Francisco...so you could say it was pretty much a home game for the Niners.

I'll start with the easy one.

No LT, no chance. Colts 30 - Chargers 17

The next two are against my better judgement.

Cards 28 - Falcons 27 (upset of the week)

Dolphins 23 - Ravens 20 (how could you Huck!)

And finally...

gosh the Eagles looked good last week, and McNabb is tough when he's healthy - and I think he is, but...

Vikings 24 - Eagles 20 (they will need a TD on the final drive and will fall short)

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Jan 3 2009, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Jan 3 2009, 04:44 PM)

Really? sarcasm.gif

Tell me about it.

I thought Indy would easily out score them.

SD's defense really stepped up.

I thought SD got some help from the refs in OT, but nonetheless feel they beat a better team today.

Exciting game! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Inthend @ Jan 3 2009, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Jan 3 2009, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Jan 3 2009, 04:44 PM)

Really? sarcasm.gif

Tell me about it.

I thought Indy would easily out score them.

SD's defense really stepped up.

I thought SD got some help from the refs in OT, but nonetheless feel they beat a better team today.

Exciting game! trink39.gif

Facemask= facemask that was obviuos.

The other calls... heh

Sproles stepped up hugely though.

Archived