Give me your best hangover cure ?

Tick

Hair of the dog trink38.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jun 7 2010, 08:28 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 12 2008, 10:43 PM)
For me, the same thing works EVERY time (and Ive been at this a while).  For me, the way to avoid it is to not let it start.  No matter how bombed I am, I drink as much water as I can stand, even a little past where I think Im not thirsty anymore and take 2-3 Advil BEFORE I pass out.  It ALWAYS works!

yes.gif - and the next morning, eat a good, solid bacon/eggs type of breakfast. You may not want it at first, but it helps.

and then throw up big time. atickhum.gif

I think one big key is to control your drinking and not over do it. But another key is not to mix. Once you start combining liquors your f*cked.

The following day....continue to drink if you can.

QUOTE (Peart 2112 @ Jul 15 2010, 12:35 AM)
Drink a ton of water afterwards. I can get really drunk and I'll be ok with some water when I'm done drinking.

That worked when I was younger. Not so much anymore.

When I was a drinker,a pro at it, Egg Mcmuffin did the trick and just get my ass moving .Didnt get hangovers till the end of my drinking days,got old Iguess. No problem with any that drink. please have a nice dark wheat for me. trink39.gif trink38.gif Edited by ridertoo98

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Dec 19 2008, 05:37 PM)
I never could figure out what hair of the dog meant?

Really, is it just to make you sick to start the whole vomiting process? Thats what dog hair reminds me of... unsure.gif

it comes from an, i believe, Irish phrase 'the hair of the dog that bit me'. they used to think that if you put some hair from the dog that bit you in your wound it would heal faster.

QUOTE (missionman @ Sep 30 2009, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 12 2008, 09:43 PM)
For me, the same thing works EVERY time (and Ive been at this a while).  For me, the way to avoid it is to not let it start.  No matter how bombed I am, I drink as much water as I can stand, even a little past where I think Im not thirsty anymore and take 2-3 Advil BEFORE I pass out.  It ALWAYS works!

This is what works for me too.

That's what I do too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/drunk.gif