• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#121 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (rushfan1966 @ May 30 2008, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ May 29 2008, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (rushfan1966 @ May 29 2008, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ May 29 2008, 02:35 PM)
My friend originally wanted to leave, yes leave, Seattle at 5pm. I convinced him to leave at 3pm. (I wanted more like 2pm.) Parking can be such a hassle at the gorge. The two times I've been there, we waited in our car for over two hours just to park. The drive itself takes a little over two hours plus we're going to stop for food. I can't believe he originally wanted to leave at 5pm?! So, I *think* I'll get there around 7pm.

Hell, I thought leaving at noon was pushing it!!!!

See if you can talk your friend into leaving earlier!!!!

Well, we'll see. I told him that I would buy him dinner, many beers, a t shirt and a concert program book thingy if we got there way early. Of course I said he would also be stuck talking to me(!) until the show started. Hopefully all that will entice him to leave around 1pm.

Be stuck talking to you????? I would drive you for all that you are offering. Hell, I would drive you if you were just going to put in gas!!!!

I really hope that you get there in time for the meet-up, if not you have my cell number already.
I forgot where your seats are so if you can PM me your location at least I can come down and say Hi!!!! Plus I told you that I would save you a beer!!!

Good Luck and Take Care!!!

Tomorrow  trink38.gif  653.gif  1022.gif  trink39.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  icon_alienjig.gif   2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

2.gif  The Best Band in the World

Here's where I'm sitting:

Sec C (Alex's side) Row 15 Seat 29

I may be wandering around looking for fellow TRFers so here is a description of me: Tall girl, longish dark hair, I'll be wearing dark jeans and a short-sleeved black and white striped shirt. Depending on the weather, I might be wearing a green jacket. Keep an eye out for me! I'll answer to Jen, Jennifer, "Janie," hey you, hot stuff...  wink.gif  

Sponsored Post

#122 umoveme

umoveme

California Sundress SILLY

• Members *
  • 4266 posts
  • Interests:music, fishing, hiking in the Sierras, dog training, traveling, being creative...

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

Have a great time, all!! I wish I was going. I'm in California and it's kinda last minute, but I'd love to road trip up there  fists crying.gif  

#123 JDL2112

JDL2112

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1764 posts
  • Interests:Rush RUSH rush...no matter how you write it...they are it!!!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Well...I'm done with work for the day!

Heading over to get Peapod2112, and we are on our way to Yakima!

I probably won't be online again the rest of the weekend, so we'll show up at 4 somewhere in the parking lot and I'll hope to see someone there.

April, Janie, Bonz, Tree et al...look forward to seeing you!

I'll be wearing a Test for Echo tour shirt, and she'll have on a Starman black shirt...do you think you'll be able to find us???  biggrin.gif

See you then!

Jay :-)

#124 rushfan1966

rushfan1966

The Seeker

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:Listening to RUSH....Watching the DVD's , which there aren't enough of.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

Janie if you sell your extra tickets would you be able to make the Portland show????
I'll Drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care and I'll see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

#125 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ May 30 2008, 01:45 PM)

I probably won't be online again the rest of the weekend, so we'll show up at 4 somewhere in the parking lot and I'll hope to see someone there.

I'll be wearing a Test for Echo tour shirt, and she'll have on a Starman black shirt...do you think you'll be able to find us???  biggrin.gif

See you then!

i'm done workin too!  common001.gif

i hit the road at 5am, the air at 8am and the ground at noon!  653.gif
then uh...some more of the road and prolly some traffic  sad.gif  
but i dun care cause i'm road-trippin with NWW, baby!  cheer.gif
and the rush tickets are in the bag-gie  unsure.gif  
new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

see y'all tomorrow!  bekloppt.gif   2.gif  trink36.gif  

#126 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts
  • Interests:Cosmic hopscotching, tripping over my own feet, 'foot in mouth' and other tactful exercises to no avail, my daughter is kick ass, all my pets are kick ass, British Comedy is kick ass, Sci-Fi is kick ass and of course Music duh.

Not of interest: Chodes!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ May 30 2008, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (JDL2112 @ May 30 2008, 01:45 PM)

I'll be wearing a Test for Echo tour shirt, and she'll have on a Starman black shirt...do you think you'll be able to find us???  biggrin.gif

See you then!

i'm done workin too!  common001.gif

i hit the road at 5am, the air at 8am and the ground at noon!  653.gif
then uh...some more of the road and prolly some traffic  sad.gif  
but i dun care cause i'm road-trippin with NWW, baby!  cheer.gif
and the rush tickets are in the bag-gie  unsure.gif  
new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

see y'all tomorrow!  bekloppt.gif   2.gif  trink36.gif

Good times to be had by us ma'am  laugh.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  653.gif  bekloppt.gif  

#127 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 54045 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:57 AM

Cruel fate! My phone just took a dump. My service says I have to wipe my phone and do a hard re-set, which mean I have to sync my phone or I lose all my data. Problem is, I'm not home to do it.

I've got your numbers but I won't be calling from my phone - and can't answer mine.

wacko.gif

Damn the ghost in the machine!

EDIT: Apparently, I can text.  cheer.gif  

Edited by goose, 31 May 2008 - 01:27 AM.

#128 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (goose @ May 30 2008, 10:57 PM)
Cruel fate! My phone just took a dump.

I've got your numbers but I won't be calling from my phone - and can't answer mine.

wacko.gif

EDIT: Apparently, I can text.  cheer.gif

I got your text message goose. You know, I've never text messaged before. Total virgin - had no idea what I was doing. I sat here for about 30 minutes trying to figure out how to text message and after that length of time, all I managed to do was send a smiling face that I discovered by accident. (I was attempting to write, "Hi Goose" and every time I hit the "g" button, "i" popped up and when I clicked the "g" button multiple times, "HIGH" popped up.) I am really, really not hip on this new fangled contraption. So, if you text message me again, you're going to have to wait forever for my reply which will amount to either smile.gif or HIGH!

#129 rushfan1966

rushfan1966

The Seeker

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:Listening to RUSH....Watching the DVD's , which there aren't enough of.

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

I just wrote out all the phone numbers that I have gotten, I just hope I have coverage there. My group is going to leave Tacoma at about noon. We are stopping in Roslyn to pick up some beer at the brewery.

I am in Row 45 seats 4 or 5. I will have my son with me in his custom made RUSH shirt. I am going to be wearing my red Armour and Sword concert shirt. You can't miss the friend that I am sitting with, he is tall with a shaved head and will probably be wearing shorts!!!! If you miss me at the meet-up feel free to come down to the seats to say Hi!!!

To all please drive safe and sane!!!!

See you at the show....Take Care!!!!!

#130 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (rushfan1966 @ May 30 2008, 03:49 PM)
Janie if you sell your extra tickets would you be able to make the Portland show????
I'll Drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could say, "yes" to the Portland show. Even if I sold my extra tickets I wouldn't be able to go - didn't plan on it anyway. Thanks for the offer though!  smile.gif  

#131 Hakky2112

Hakky2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Walks on the beach, cuddling Teddy, headphones, glass of shiraz and a bag of organic chips. Cozy crosswords, kudosu, marganas, the bounty of RUSH!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

DOes anyone have last minute extra tix?
I may drive down from Van BC
wanna do the GOrge?!!!
Anyone?

begs....

#132 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Hakky2112 @ May 31 2008, 09:29 AM)
DOes anyone have last minute extra tix?
I may drive down from Van BC
wanna do the GOrge?!!!
Anyone?

begs....

I have these last minute extra tickets to get rid of.

Tickets are in:
Sec. B (middle section), Row 26, Seats 5-6

Gorge seating chart

I'll PM you my cell #. I *think* we'll be arriving at the gorge around 7pm. Cutting it short I know but my friend wants to leave Seattle rather late.

#133 edgyspice

edgyspice

The Professor

• Members
  • 3183 posts
  • Interests:film, listening to music, watching soccer, the intertubes, my artwork, horsies, MST3k, airplanes, commercial aviation, swearing, Emily Deschanel, hull-loss accidents, kegelcisors, chest hair, tasteless humor, internet drama (especially furry drama), cylons

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:51 PM

Janie, I can't wait to read your "trip report!" smile.gif

#134 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

It's show time!! 1022.gif  Enjoy All  biggrin.gif  2.gif  653.gif    trink39.gif  

#135 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (edgyspice @ May 31 2008, 02:51 PM)
Janie, I can't wait to read your "trip report!" smile.gif

Hope you enjoy it! I just posted that bad boy in the tour forum section.

biggrin.gif  

#136 rushfan1966

rushfan1966

The Seeker

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:40 PM

I wish the meet-up went better. Actually I wish I had made it at least to Lady April's truck. Unfortunately I had to break up a little fight....stuppid relatives fing.gif

I hope that we all can stay in touch!!

I will try to post pictures and my review later today or tomorrow. I have to at least post my son's picture. It turned out far better than I expected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care Everyone!!!

#137 ozzy85

ozzy85

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3335 posts
  • Interests:Metal. Beer. Powerbelching. \m/

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:27 AM

Did that fight happaen in general admission?  A small brawl happened next to us early on during the show.  First time I'd seen something like that at the Gorge.  Still, a good gig.  Wish I'd met some of ya there.  Had a blast.  All the best from Harry Satchel... tongue.gif  

#138 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jun 2 2008, 10:27 PM)
All the best from Harry Satchel... tongue.gif

huh.gif goink somevere???  unsure.gif  

#139 ozzy85

ozzy85

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3335 posts
  • Interests:Metal. Beer. Powerbelching. \m/

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:43 AM

I'm looking for chicken...

#140 rushfan1966

rushfan1966

The Seeker

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

Ozzy, no it happened in the parking lot just as I going down to meet Lady April. No punches just a lot of words. Hell, I had my 4 year old watching FAMILY do this!!!! Sometimes family can be so stuuuupid!!!!

Well sounds like everyone had a great time. Remember to look for my review and hopefully pictures in the review that Janie started. It should be there today!!

Stay in touch through the forum, we don't need a show to get together, but it helps wink.gif !

Take Care all you Northwest RUSH Fans!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users