Trivial problems...

treeduck

I often inadvertently turn the light switch on or off in the entrance to the living room when walking through, with my shoulder. It's trivial but it's a bit of a problem. And I can't seem to do it when I want to do it which is frustrating because it's not even useful. I think these light switches here are normal height, does this happen to anyone else? :huh:
  • Like 1

Are they the kind of light switches where you push on them and they flip on or the kind where you have to flip the little lever up and they come on?

I dream of bumping into painless light switches; I either smash my shin into the dishwasher door that I left down, or in trying to avoid it, catch my pocket on the kitchen door handle and get swung around.

Are they the kind of light switches where you push on them and they flip on or the kind where you have to flip the little lever up and they come on?

They're big ones that just click up or down. I used to have this dimmer switch which was a much more solid unit, and when my shoulder hit that it hurt pretty bad, so I got rid of that. It's a fairly narrow passage through so although it's not impossible to avoid it happens every so often.

I dream of bumping into painless light switches; I either smash my shin into the dishwasher door that I left down, or in trying to avoid it, catch my pocket on the kitchen door handle and get swung around.

Yeah those are annoying.

They're big ones that just click up or down. I used to have this dimmer switch which was a much more solid unit, and when my shoulder hit that it hurt pretty bad, so I got rid of that. It's a fairly narrow passage through so although it's not impossible to avoid it happens every so often.

Hm, maybe if they were smaller you wouldn't hit them as often?

No it's the position not the size really. It's just the exact height of my shoulder right in the middle so even small one would connect.

No it's the position not the size really. It's just the exact height of my shoulder right in the middle so even small one would connect.

Hm, yeah location is a harder problem to fix.

Trivial problem to me. i often forgot to turn off my wheelchair when just chilling (it's a power chair) than lean on the joystick and go crashing through tables/desks/whatever lol.

FUN SHIT.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

1590521809[/url]' post='4770979']

I often inadvertently turn the light switch on or off in the entrance to the living room when walking through, with my shoulder.

You carry your shoulder around?

When they said you were ‘armless I didn’t think they meant it literally..

: :P:

• Like 1

Walk about the house on your knees. Problem solved.

Then I'll have holes in my pants! Actually the pants I'm wearing are a pair of old wrecked track pants, that have not just got holes in the knees but great chasms!

Then I'll have holes in my pants! Actually the pants I'm wearing are a pair of old wrecked track pants, that have not just got holes in the knees but great chasms!

Wear knee pads. If you don't want to fork out a few quid for them then just wrap your knees in aluminum foil. You probably have some foil in your pantry somewhere.

Wear knee pads. If you don't want to fork out a few quid for them then just wrap your knees in aluminum foil. You probably have some foil in your pantry somewhere.

Nah I'll rely on reflexes it's cheaper and easier!