Another local radio station gone

Xanadoood

Anyone who grew up in Massachusetts/ New England knows 107.3 waaf.. another rock station gone. And switching to Christian radio of all formats.. yikes. I heard so many bands for the first time through ‘aaf. Anyone else been losing their local stations from youth?

https://www.boston.com/culture/music/2020/02/19/waaf-1073-fm-sold

• Like 1

Come on down to South Florida, the entire FM band is dogs--t. Pop or ©rap, or it's broadcasting in Spanish or Creole. The crappsic rock station is a joke, and the "alternative" station is operated by a local high school.

Smh!

My L.A. lost 100.3 FM a few years ago. They had some good DJs like Uncle Joe Benson and Rita Wilde and I loved their album sides at 11 programs but it was the same songs and, only until the station was about to close, they started getting out of their pre 90s comfort zone and played 90s bands instead of veteran 80s and 70s rockers with 90s music.

The inland alt rock station, x 103.9, recently folded as well. At least they didn’t give into Imagine Dragons and Ellish crap like KROQ has.

denthero.gif

Edited by invisible airwave

Radio hasn't been relevant to my music listening since the early 2000s. As far as I know all the major stations are still the same here. The classic rock, modern rock and top 40 stations haven't changed their format or dial position in many decades.

Crank it Up!

I was sad to hear this. WAAF and WCOZ were the staples when I was a young teen.

AAF used to carry a rock interview show Sunday mornings. I remember listening to an interview with Rush about Signals. I also think it carried the King Bisquit Flower Hour concerts.

• Like 1

Crank it Up!

I was sad to hear this. WAAF and WCOZ were the staples when I was a young teen.

AAF used to carry a rock interview show Sunday mornings. I remember listening to an interview with Rush about Signals. I also think it carried the King Bisquit Flower Hour concerts.

‘ coz.. kick ass rock n roll!

• Like 1