Jump to content


Recent stuff Geddy and Alex have been up to !

Geddy Alex

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 8561 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:59 PM

Geddy was hanging out backstage today with Disturbed!

Posted Image

Disturbed is with Dan Donegan at Scotiabank Arena
3 hrs. Toronto, ON Canada


Had a very nice surprise today as Geddy Lee of Rush was in the venue during our soundcheck in Toronto. Of course we had to jump at the opportunity to take a group photo together. Thank you Geddy! πŸ™ #Disturbed #EvolutionTour #Rush#GeddyLee πŸ“·: Rafa Alcantara


Sponsored Post

#2 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 8561 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:05 PM

OK, I can't post the one of Alex playing Limelight this past weekend as I don't know how to get a video from Facebook and make it embed here . .  I'll keep working on it!

#3 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 45801 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

Geddy misses Rush.  It must be very hard for him.

#4 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 8561 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:00 PM

View PostLorraine, on 05 March 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Geddy misses Rush.  It must be very hard for him.

I think so, too.  It sounds like Neil checked out at the end of R40 without having made it clear beforehand, and Alex still deals with medical issues, but Geddy seems younger than his age and still has a lot of energy.

#5 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 45801 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:04 PM

View Postblueschica, on 05 March 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 05 March 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Geddy misses Rush.  It must be very hard for him.

I think so, too.  It sounds like Neil checked out at the end of R40 without having made it clear beforehand, and Alex still deals with medical issues, but Geddy seems younger than his age and still has a lot of energy.
He misses performing and the excitement of it all.  It must be hard for a person who has been doing it for 40+ to just stop.  It's one thing if you hated every moment of it, but quite another when you didn't and you really didn't want to stop.   Not yet, anyway.

They ought to just get Earl to play the drums for them and go back on the road.

#6 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 8561 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:07 PM

View PostLorraine, on 05 March 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 05 March 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 05 March 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Geddy misses Rush.  It must be very hard for him.

I think so, too.  It sounds like Neil checked out at the end of R40 without having made it clear beforehand, and Alex still deals with medical issues, but Geddy seems younger than his age and still has a lot of energy.
He misses performing and the excitement of it all.  It must be hard for a person who has been doing it for 40+ to just stop.  It's one thing if you hated every moment of it, but quite another when you didn't and you really didn't want to stop.   Not yet, anyway.

They ought to just get Earl to play the drums for them and go back on the road.

:ebert:  :ebert:  :ebert:

#7 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 327 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:46 PM

View PostLorraine, on 05 March 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Geddy misses Rush.  It must be very hard for him.

He’s going through a break-up period. Once he’s happily playing with other people there will be no more looking back.

#8 jnoble

jnoble

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1340 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

I get why he misses performing but I can't imagine he misses straining to sing for 3 hours every other night. He admitted recently he "can't sing Rush songs" anymore.

#9 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6689 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

The news I want to hear is, "Alex called me up and told me to come over to listen to some musical ideas he's been working on.  He told me to bring one of my basses."

Edited by toymaker, 05 March 2019 - 07:37 PM.


#10 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1401 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:51 AM

Not sure if everyone picked up on this bit from Geddy's recent interview with Classic Rock magazine (December 2018) posted here.

It's been three years since Rush walked off stage at the LA Forum in Inglewood. That afternoon, rumours had circulated around the London Hotel in Hollywood that for the first time Rush drummer Neil Peart had asked that his live drums be shipped back home after the show, as opposed to the band's storage space in Nashville. That night as Peart stepped off his drum riser at the end of the show and snuck up on his unsuspecting bandmates and hugged them, as opposed to fleeing into the wings, there was more than a little suggestion that the band's time was up.

These days Peart is enjoying some kind of splendid isolation at home in California, where he's said to be working on a book of his own.

Whether this potential book will be made available to the public, it's hard to say.

#11 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

    Swedish Gedneck

  • Members *
  • 19200 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

View Postjnoble, on 05 March 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

I get why he misses performing but I can't imagine he misses straining to sing for 3 hours every other night. He admitted recently he "can't sing Rush songs" anymore.

Where did you hear this?

#12 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

    Swedish Gedneck

  • Members *
  • 19200 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:30 PM

View Postblueschica, on 04 March 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

Geddy was hanging out backstage today with Disturbed!



Disturbed is with Dan Donegan at Scotiabank Arena
3 hrs. Toronto, ON Canada


Had a very nice surprise today as Geddy Lee of Rush was in the venue during our soundcheck in Toronto. Of course we had to jump at the opportunity to take a group photo together. Thank you Geddy! 🙏 #Disturbed #EvolutionTour #Rush#GeddyLee 📷: Rafa Alcantara

Do you have any more Geddy-news? :)





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Geddy, Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users