The Versatile Michael Keaton

JohnnyBlaze

The Versatile Michael Keaton  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Michael Keaton films would you give a grade of "A-" or better?

• Night Shift
    • Mr. Mom
    • Johnny Dangerously
    • Gung Ho
    • Touch and Go
    • The Squeeze
    • Bettlejuice
    • Clean and Sober
    • The Dream Team
    • Batman
    • Pacific Heights
    • One Good Cop
    • Batman Returns
    • Much Ado About Nothing
    • My Life
    • The Paper
    • Speechless
    • Multiplicity
    • Jackie Brown
    • Desperate Measures
    • Jack Frost
    • A Shot at Glory
    • First Daughter
    • White Noise
    • Herbie: Fully Loaded
    • Game 6
    • The Last Time
    • The Merry Gentleman
    • Post Grad
    • The Other Guys
    • Blindsided
    • RoboCop
    • Need for Speed
    • Birdman
    • Spotlight
    • The Founder
    • Spider-Man: Homecoming
    • American Assassin
    • (Other)
    • (None)
  2. 2. Which genre do you prefer Keaton in?

• Comedy
    • Drama
    • Romance
    • Thriller
    • Horror
    • Action
    • (Other)
  3. 3. What do you think of Michael Keaton's acting skills?

• A supreme talent, one of Hollywood's greatest ever.
    • Like the thread title says, "versatile". A very good actor.
    • A good actor that's just one rung below the best guys.
    • An average Hollywood star, I like and dislike his stuff.
    • A little overappreciated and below average but he's not an absolute bust.
    • Very bad. I don't know too many films of his that I enjoyed.
    • The worst going on in Hollywood! He makes Shia LeBouf look awesome!

http://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-04-at-8.57.51-AM.jpg

So Keaton came out on top in this thread:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/102730-gibson-vs-keaton-vs-rourke-vs-russell/page__hl__+kurt%20+russell#entry4307671

Let's hear what you got to say about this versatile Hollywood actor.

http://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/2017/07/spider-man-_homecoming_still_michael_keaton.jpg

• Like 1

I liked him way back in the day but can't recall seeing a movie of his in many many years...
  • Like 1

Mr. mom, Beetle Juice and Much Ado About Nothing are three that I've probably seen ten times each. Of those, Much Ado... is my favorite film, and perhaps my favorite Keaton performance. I really need to see Birdman.
  • Like 1

Night Shift is still my favourite, that's the only A grade I gave him but he has a lot of B grades such as Beetlejuice, Batman, Pacific Heights, The Dream Team, One Good Cop, Multiplicity, Spider-Man Homecoming.

Night Shift is still my favourite, that's the only A grade I gave him but he has a lot of B grades such as Beetlejuice, Batman, Pacific Heights, The Dream Team, One Good Cop, Multiplicity, Spider-Man Homecoming.

He's got an 11-3 record with me but the only A- grades I'd give him would be for Spidey and Night Shift.

And yeah, he has many B- to B+ range movies which I counted as wins.

• Like 1

Mr. mom, Beetle Juice and Much Ado About Nothing are three that I've probably seen ten times each. Of those, Much Ado... is my favorite film, and perhaps my favorite Keaton performance. I really need to see Birdman.

I've never seen Much Ado.

I enjoyed Birdman but I think I need to see it again.

I also need to see Birdman! I enjoy Keaton's performances a lot ; I still think he was the best Batman(although the little Lego Batman in the Lego movie is pretty awesome!) :LOL: I think he has a great range; he was sooo creepy in Pacific Heights. And I love Mr. Mom still after all these years! (Irv- Clean up in Aisle 5 . . .Irv, I wasn't even IN aisle five!) Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

He is a very enjoyable actor.

I watched The Founder recently. He was very good in it.

I'd forgotten about that one. i watched it a couple of weeks ago and yes, Keaton was great in it.

I also need to see Birdman! I enjoy Keaton's performances a lot ; I still think he was the best Batman(although the little Lego Batman in the Lego movie is pretty awesome!) :LOL: I think he has a great range; he was sooo creepy in Pacific Heights. And I love Mr. Mom still after all these years! (Irv- Clean up in Aisle 5 . . .Irv, I wasn't even IN aisle five!)

:LOL:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Gf9VQ8Sqqnc/VCMCz1RmfyI/AAAAAAAAHfQ/iaI3n7rO4t4/s1600/7am.jpg

• Like 1

Hollywood filler

Who are your top 5 actors/actresses? No 20-way ties especially in the number 1 and/or number 5 spots.

JB, you mean all time ??

This is almost impossible .. I'll go with 5 of each that I find most consistently exceptional and enjoyable .. There are lots of single performances that I think are brilliant, but here are 10 performers that I have really liked in more than 3 or 4 movies, and that I'd want to see every film they've done

( With their Top 3 performances )

- Al Pacino ( Dog Day Afternoon, Scarface, Panic In Needle Park )

- Koji Yakusho ( Cure, Séance, World Of Kanako )

- Woody Allen ( Annie Hall, The Front, Manhattan )

- Vincent Gallo ( Buffalo 66, Brown Bunny, The Funeral )

- Joe Spinell - mostly smaller roles, but I loved him ( Cruising, Maniac, Taxi Driver )

- Gong Li ( Raise The Red Lantern, Coming Home, Farewell My Concubine )

- Catherine Deneuve ( Repulsion, Belle De Jour, Us Two )

- Meiko Kaji ( Female Convict Scorpion Series, Lady Snowblood, Blind Woman's Curse )

- Zohra Lampert ( Naked City and Alfred Hitchcock Hour (TV), Let's Scare Jessica To Death, Lady Of The House )

- Grace Kelly ( Rear Window, Dial M For Murder, To Catch A Thief )

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Hollywood filler

Who are your top 5 actors/actresses? No 20-way ties especially in the number 1 and/or number 5 spots.

JB, you mean all time ??

This is almost impossible .. I'll go with 5 of each that I find most consistently exceptional and enjoyable .. There are lots of single performances that I think are brilliant, but here are 10 performers that I have really liked in more than 3 or 4 movies, and that I'd want to see every film they've done

- Joe Spinell - mostly smaller roles, but I loved him ( Cruising, Maniac, Taxi Driver )

- Meiko Kaji ( Female Convict Scorpion Series, Lady Snowblood, Blind Woman's Curse )

- Zohra Lampert ( Naked City and Alfred Hitchcock Hour (TV), Let's Scare Jessica To Death, Lady Of The House )

I meant only 5 (male & female). And if it meant ONLY males or ONLY females, then so be it. An actor is an actor IMHO and there's no reason to separate them. Anyway, that's a thorough list and good on you for being able to do it at all. Good stuff for including the movies too! :cheers:

A couple of surprises:

1) John Leguizamo's not on your list?! He wouldn't be on mine but he's a very very good actor...who somehow is in some shit movies more often than not. But yeah, I thought he'd be on your list. :unsure:

2) Joe Spinell? I'm surprised he's there as his roles were small or virtually nonexistent. I checked out his filmography and found that I've seen 9 movies he's been in...but I only remember him in 4. :unsure:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Hollywood filler

JB, you mean all time ??

I meant only 5 (male & female). And if it meant ONLY males or ONLY females, then so be it. An actor is an actor IMHO and there's no reason to separate them. Anyway, that's a thorough list and good on you for being able to do it at all. Good stuff for including the movies too! :cheers:

A couple of surprises:

1) John Leguizamo's not on your list?! He wouldn't be on mine but he's a very very good actor...who somehow is in some shit movies more often than not. But yeah, I thought he'd be on your list. :unsure:

2) Joe Spinell? I'm surprised he's there as his roles were small or virtually nonexistent. I checked out his filmography and found that I've seen 9 movies he's been in...but I only remember him in 4. :unsure:

I loved John Leguizamo in Summer Of Sam and Carlito's Way .. But I need to see more of his movies - the only other one I have seen is the god awful Land Of The Dead, which I saw in the theater and all I can remember about that was sitting there in disbelief that George Romero would put out such a POS .... So I isn't so much that I don't like John Leguizamo enough for the list - I mean, his performance in Summer Of Sam is probably in my Top 10 all time - I just haven't seen enough of his work ..

And yes, Joe Spinell was mainly a character actor, but he personified and was the embodiment of sleazy 1970s New York City, and any time he was on the screen, whatever movie it was, automatically became that much more legit ..

Joan Crawford almost made my list, but again, I haven't seen enough of her work .. In Berserk, Autumn Leaves, Strait Jacket and Whatever Happened To Baby Jane she was great ... maybe I should have put her on the list, but there are so many movies from her that I haven't seen, and the few that I have are probably considered the more schlock films of her career ... Plus, I am not a big fan of pre-1960s movies anyway - they usually ( but not always ) come across as hokey and overacted ..

Karen Black, Shelley Duvall, Diane Keaton and Mia Farrow all could be on there too ...

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1