"Art Of Rush European Version!" Signed By Hugh And RUSH! 995 USD!! Who's Buying???

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 grasbo

grasbo

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

I'm not buying it. I have a house payment due and the car needs registering.

Sponsored Post

#22 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

View PostMr. JD, on 03 October 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

I understand your motive wanting to keep things “pristine”, but finding the right person who values the item enough to pay what you feel it’s worth sometimes can be challenging at best. I see so many overpriced pieces of Rush memorabilia that pop up over and over on eBay. Like the $1,000.00 Vapor Trails baseball that never sells. Many times it seems like you’ll be lucky getting back your initial “investment”. That’s why I say “smoke ‘em if you got ‘em” and enjoy it while you have it. But like I said, it’s just my opinion. To each his own.

That is correct.  I am extremely experienced with eBay both in auction and "buy it now" purchases, and I know how to do my homework--the "sold listings" option is your friend in assessing what people actually pay, and how many suckers vs smart buyers are out there.  A fair amount of things I'd sell are eBay auction wins.  There are few things that I really just would have to take a bath on that are not music-related.  My stuff ranges from music to sports to comics to toys.  Way too many toys--they probably should go, like, yesterday.

#23 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3885 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:57 PM

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 06 October 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

View PostMr. JD, on 03 October 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

I understand your motive wanting to keep things “pristine”, but finding the right person who values the item enough to pay what you feel it’s worth sometimes can be challenging at best. I see so many overpriced pieces of Rush memorabilia that pop up over and over on eBay. Like the $1,000.00 Vapor Trails baseball that never sells. Many times it seems like you’ll be lucky getting back your initial “investment”. That’s why I say “smoke ‘em if you got ‘em” and enjoy it while you have it. But like I said, it’s just my opinion. To each his own.

That is correct.  I am extremely experienced with eBay both in auction and "buy it now" purchases, and I know how to do my homework--the "sold listings" option is your friend in assessing what people actually pay, and how many suckers vs smart buyers are out there.  A fair amount of things I'd sell are eBay auction wins.  There are few things that I really just would have to take a bath on that are not music-related.  My stuff ranges from music to sports to comics to toys.  Way too many toys--they probably should go, like, yesterday.

Since I bailed on Bettman's league, I've (fortunately) narrowed it down to Rush and a few other select bands.

I visit ebay sometimes, but  to me the prices on just about everything are so far out of whack for my reality that I just don't bother with it other than to price a few things that I might be selling lower than ebay. I was fortunate to find a lot of what I wanted at record faires  but they don't seem  to happen too much anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users