MONSTERS, ALIENS, & ENTITIES

JohnnyBlaze

Monsters, Aliens, & Entities  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones do you believe exist/have happened? (Check all that apply)

• Bigfoot
    • Yeti
    • Loch Ness Monster
    • New Jersey Devil
    • chupacabra
    • ghosts/spirits
    • angels
    • demons
    • interdimensional beings
    • aliens somewhere in the universe
    • aliens visiting Earth
    • alien abduction
    • RUSHHEAD Earl's re-animated, soiled jockstrap from '84 marauding across the land
    • (Other)

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rEJBk7kje-w/maxresdefault.jpg

Born from the Bigfoot/Yeti poll, the OUIJA poll, and a Facebook post from a Rush message board acquaintance who recently had an unexplained encounter, I've purposely not made votes public just in case some might feel embarrassed or not want any possible hassle from others for their beliefs.

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/140314093322-loch-ness-monster-mystery-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

http://psyco.jp/heliboy/ufo/u/0306.jpg

Discuss.

:blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3

I'm open to a lot of this but the only thing I'm convinced on is aliens. Out there and here too.. there's too much evidence to support it.

Damn those "interdimensional beings"....I just want to slap George Lucas! You can call them "interdimensional beings" all you want...but even John Hurt's gravelly voice won't convince me that they were anything more than crappy CGI ALIENS
  • Like 1

Oh yeah...I do believe in Aliens

The other stuff, I enjoy reading up on, and watching creepy videos about...but don't really buy it...except when it's late at night, and the light is off :scared:

Damn those "interdimensional beings"....I just want to slap George Lucas! You can call them "interdimensional beings" all you want...but even John Hurt's gravelly voice won't convince me that they were anything more than crappy CGI ALIENS

The "interdimensional beings" option comes from an oooooooold TRF chat conversation with rushgoober.

Great question(s) and poll

The definition of "aliens" can mean many things .. And the scientific research involving DNA - the coding, information and complexity within that DNA - these discoveries are leaving less and less doubt in my mind that we have been intelligently designed or at the very least genetically manipulated ..

This does spill over into other discussions, and my intent is not to being religion into the equation ..

I am not convinced that the unidentified lights or objects seen in the sky are extraterrestrials, although my Dad, sis and I watched some very strange activity one night about 25 years ago ..

There is so much untapped information in quantum physics and our DNA that, when discoveries are made or old theories are shown have to be poorly presented or brought forth with scant knowledge of what we now know, it exponentially opens understanding to so much more ..

I did not check "Ghosts Or Spirits" , but I do believe that there is something we know nothing about when the physical body dies ...

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

The Great Pyramid - located at the exact geographical center of the Earth

Interestingly, this calculation only holds true when using Mercator Projection, which is done by viewing the Earth as cylindrical or as a sphere ..

The builders of The Great Pyramid had knowledge of the Earth being "round", and the ability to find the exact center

http://paramentology.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/piramidi3.jpg

The definition of "aliens" can mean many things .. And the scientific research involving DNA - the coding, information and complexity within that DNA - these discoveries are leaving less and less doubt in my mind that we have been intelligently designed or at the very least genetically manipulated ..

This does spill over into other discussions, and my intent is not to being religion into the equation ..

I am not convinced that the unidentified lights or objects seen in the sky are extraterrestrials, although my Dad, sis and I watched some very strange activity one night about 25 years ago ..

There is so much untapped information in quantum physics and our DNA that, when discoveries are made or old theories are shown have to be poorly presented or brought forth with scant knowledge of what we now know, it exponentially opens understanding to so much more ..

I did not check "Ghosts Or Spirits" , but I do believe that there is something we know nothing about when the physical body dies ...

What do you think is going on with ghosts/spirits that are reported? Take out all of the liars and we're left with people who truly think they experienced something whether it's created in their own mind or not.

The other stuff, I enjoy reading up on, and watching creepy videos about...but don't really buy it...except when it's late at night, and the light is off :scared:

Do you believe in an old man (who looks very like Bob Hope in disguise) who's seen much of life, but he ain't seen nothing yet??

What do you think is going on with ghosts/spirits that are reported? Take out all of the liars and we're left with people who truly think they experienced something whether it's created in their own mind or not.

Yes, there are people who truly believe that they have experienced something, and I believe that a percentage have experienced something that goes beyond wishful thinking or a sincere misperception ..

There can also be the distinction of having an experience alone ( or being the only one experiencing it ), or, having a group witness the same thing .. A single person may be more connected or aware of certain energies ..

I think it is shortsighted to think that, while the person might be sincere in thinking that they are experiencing something, that all of this can be attributed to the mind creating or mistaking ..

Life is movement - and movement by nature is a body being moved and a force moving it ... If the body dies, the force remains .. This is where I believe that all living things are connected, and can be part of the equation with encountering "spirits"

Yes, there are people who truly believe that they have experienced something, and I believe that a percentage have experienced something that goes beyond wishful thinking or a sincere misperception ..

There can also be the distinction of having an experience alone ( or being the only one experiencing it ), or, having a group witness the same thing .. A single person may be more connected or aware of certain energies ..

I think it is shortsighted to think that, while the person might be sincere in thinking that they are experiencing something, that all of this can be attributed to the mind creating or mistaking ..

Life is movement - and movement by nature is a body being moved and a force moving it ... If the body dies, the force remains .. This is where I believe that all living things are connected, and can be part of the equation with encountering "spirits"

I'm saying the experience (whether real or not) is significant enough to warrant further study and discussion.

I'm not sure what witnesses are seeing of course. And all of it hasn't been explained yet either. But just because some of it hasn't been explained doesn't mean that those bits MUST be real, must be the fantastic.

Can one or some of those witnesses truly be seeing spirits/ghosts? Sure, I guess so.

Or can ALL of them be liars or be making honest mistakes? Yeah, I think that's actually possible too.

The possibility of both.

Your last paragraph is more philosophy than anything else. And that's fine but, "the force remains"? How do you measure or even identify that?

I believe in aliens and I believe they have visited earth but the rest of it I could be convinced if there were better evidence.
  • Like 1

Don't believe in any of that mumbo-jumbo, hocus-pocus claptrap, except for the fact that there are almost certainly aliens somewhere in the universe due to the near infinite size of space making it likely

However, the chances of us ever encountering them are near infinitesimal simply due to the stupefying vastness of the interstellar void,though I suppose wormhole theory etc might make it possible some day.

My biggest beliefs here are ghosts and aliens.

As for things like bigfoot and the loch ness monster, I think they existed at one time but are no longer around. Especially the loch ness monster. When was the last time we heard anything about that? I would think if bigfoot/yeti was alive some remains would have been found by now.

Don't remember 'interdimensional beings' in star wars. But there were a BUNCH of them in Star Trek...ALL of the four series had them....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20head.gif

As for things like bigfoot and the loch ness monster, I think they existed at one time but are no longer around. Especially the loch ness monster. When was the last time we heard anything about that? I would think if bigfoot/yeti was alive some remains would have been found by now.

"Would have found remains by now" isn't a good enough reason. New species of animals are found every year.

Ever hear of the Ziggy Stardust Snake? Yeah, me neither.

How about the Four-Penised Millipede? Yeah, four penises. And I never heard of that either.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/the-coolest-new-animal-species-discovered-in-2016/

Is Bigfoot to be found next? Let's hope he doesn't have four penises. THE HORROR!

I believe in aliens and I believe they have visited earth but the rest of it I could be convinced if there were better evidence.

This is the closest to my own opinion so far in this thread...though I'd need more convincing about aliens visiting Earth. Not sure what it'd take to convince me tbh but thousands of eyewitnesses seeing saucers or orbs with bright lights, crop circles, and pyramids don't have me 100% convinced.

• Like 1

Do you believe in an old man (who looks very like Bob Hope in disguise) who's seen much of life, but he ain't seen nothing yet??

Hey you two Marvel freaks!

Speaking of aliens...I read that the upcoming X-Men: Dark Phoenix flick (due November '18) will have Lilandra of the Shi'ar. I know the movie will suck but I'm basically just hoping for a Colossus/Gladiator slugfest.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fZ37jdy-g4M/S7C6L0v5N0I/AAAAAAAAA14/pYugB8L61Zc/s1600/Uncannxy+X-Men+137.JPG

• Like 1

This is the closest to my own opinion so far in this thread...though I'd need more convincing about aliens visiting Earth. Not sure what it'd take to convince me tbh but thousands of eyewitnesses seeing saucers or orbs with bright lights, crop circles, and pyramids don't have me 100% convinced.

I do believe in Ghosts, because I've had that experience myself.

:banana:

• Like 1

I do believe in Ghosts, because I've had that experience myself.

:banana:

Well, share the experience if you'd like.

• Like 2

The Great Pyramid - located at the exact geographical center of the Earth

Interestingly, this calculation only holds true when using Mercator Projection, which is done by viewing the Earth as cylindrical or as a sphere ..

The builders of The Great Pyramid had knowledge of the Earth being "round", and the ability to find the exact center

http://paramentology.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/piramidi3.jpg

Do you really think the Egyptians conceptialized the center of the modern Mercator projection map, including the Americas?