SPOILER!!! Nissan Pavillion- share your experience

Steel07

This was my first Rush concert and I had such a kickass time. WOW. I mean I was blown away with every damn song and just mesmerized by the talent all three of them have. I have never seen anything so amazing.

When Limelight kicked off the concert so much emotion was running through me. I was thinking "Holy shit...I am seeing RUSH...Geddy Lee is right there". Excitement and happiness ran through me and I felt like I was going to cry.

I was completely hypnotized by their music. I thought they did a great job with Entre Nous...I was very very impressed! It was definitly a highlight for me. Mission...omg. Amazing. They did an incredible job with it...that was another really emotional song for me.

Freewill, Subdivisions, Spirit of Radio. ALL of them were fantastic. The crowd got really involved with these hits and it was just fun to watch the faces of all people who know these tunes inside and out. Everyone was ecstatic when they played...which is why they need to play their hits. Tom Sawyer. hahahaha. i LOVED the intro! My uncle said after the 7th Rush concert he has been to that this was the best he has heard Tom Sawyer. I believed him because I thought it was absolutely flawless.

Their new album. I have to say it sounds much much better live. All the instrumentals were perfect...so happy they included all of them. You really saw Alex's talent with Hope. Beautiful piece of work. Then MalNar was superb. None of them compare to The Main Monkey Business...wow that song totally rocked live. It's unlike any instrumentals they ever done. I was upset when I saw people walking out when they started playing this song...in my head I was thinking "are you f***ing serious"...Even if it's new...it's one of the best songs I have heard in a long time. I loved Far Cry as the opening for set two. It really started off the second set with a bang. The way the wind blows was awesome live. And I liked the video to Larger Bowl. Got their point across without being too preachy (unlike the Roger Waters concert).

Circumstances...a bit disappointed just because I was really looking forward to it. It was a good performance but Geddy's voice just can't go as high as it once was. Still a great song to hear live...but they had to change it up a bit. Still great though.

Between the Wheels and Dreamline ended the first set really well. I honestly didn't want it to end because Dreamline just really pumped me up and the crowd as well. The lights and the video to go with it. It worked really well.

Natural Science was by far the best in my opinion. OMFG. Coming in, that was the one I wanted to hear the most...but it exceeded my exptectations by far. It just completely rocked live! I absolutely loved the video that went with it and I just loved jammin to that tune. My friend and I just got so into it...we had a blast with that one. It was probably the best song I ever heard live at all the concerts I have been to (which isn't much compared to some of you).

Witch Hunt too. The show they put on for that song blew me away. It's a great song to hear live. To be honest, I wasn't too happy when I saw they were gonna do One Little Victory as their start for the encore. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed that song live. I would have probably preferred an older tune but the song really worked well live. I was pleased. Passage to Bangkok too. I swore I got huge whiff of pot soon when that song ended...I thought it was an appropriate time. hah. I was sooo happy they did that one and I think the whole audience was pleased. It was absolutely great to hear. YYZ was the best to close the show with. Everyone jammin to this song and pulling off their air guitar and air drums...it was amazing to see.

Ok. now I have to talk about the Drum Solo. OMFG. I was in complete awe as well as the other thousands of audience members watching the best drummer in the history of rock n roll creating a beautiful masterpiece. It's unbelievable how much talent Neil Peart has. It's seriously incredible. Like I said, this was my first Rush concert so I didn't know what to expect from the Drum Solo...but it completely blew me away. Words just can't express it...you have to see it to believe it. Even if you not a Rush fan...you have to witness that just because it's unlike anything you have ever seen.

I think I now understand why people see them multiple times during their tours. I would love to see this show again. And I really hope they have more tours left in them. I really wanna see them again. But I am so grateful for seeing them once...I mean this is the best a band can get. There will never be another Rush.

Sorry, for the long post. Once I get started, can't really stop. So fellow people at Nissan...or anyone who has seen them so far...comment on your experience? What was your highlight? Lowpoint (if any)? Did it exceed expectations or did you expect more?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there last night at NISSAN. 302 Q 34 and 302 Q 35.

I thought it was great opening song when Alex played the opening cord and Neil and Geddy were still on their way out, not sure if that was planned.

The light show was great ....

Alex was funny, laughing with the audience in the front, his interaction with Geddy was also great, there was moment with they were face-to-face and they were laughing at each other, very nice.

Ged's opening note with "Mission" Oppps was actually funny, they have a great "Oh, Well" attitude.

Neil actually smiled at Geddy a couple of times, a disapointing note with the large screens was they were off 1/2 the time, and sometimes you missed the interaction with Neil behind the drums.

Ged's filming of the audience was funny, everyone said "Hi, Canada" to him.

One of the last songs, Neil and Geddy started but Alex had the wrong Guitar, switched, and restarted the song, sometimes I think they do this as the act?

The intro to Tom Sawyer with the intro was great, as was all the small movies between songs, at the end movie, I takes a few seconds to realize that's Geddy dressed up.

Great Show, really the rants and not introducing the band, but, I think 32 years plus takes it's toll.

QUOTE (Steel07 @ Jun 24 2007, 11:16 AM)
This was my first Rush concert and I had such a kickass time. WOW. I mean I was blown away with every damn song and just mesmerized by the talent all three of them have. I have never seen anything so amazing.

When Limelight kicked off the concert so much emotion was running through me. I was thinking "Holy shit...I am seeing RUSH...Geddy Lee is right there". Excitement and happiness ran through me and I felt like I was going to cry.

I was completely hypnotized by their music. I thought they did a great job with Entre Nous...I was very very impressed! It was definitly a highlight for me. Mission...omg. Amazing. They did an incredible job with it...that was another really emotional song for me.

Freewill, Subdivisions, Spirit of Radio. ALL of them were fantastic. The crowd got really involved with these hits and it was just fun to watch the faces of all people who know these tunes inside and out. Everyone was ecstatic when they played...which is why they need to play their hits. Tom Sawyer. hahahaha. i LOVED the intro! My uncle said after the 7th Rush concert he has been to that this was the best he has heard Tom Sawyer. I believed him because I thought it was absolutely flawless.

Their new album. I have to say it sounds much much better live. All the instrumentals were perfect...so happy they included all of them. You really saw Alex's talent with Hope. Beautiful piece of work. Then MalNar was superb. None of them compare to The Main Monkey Business...wow that song totally rocked live. It's unlike any instrumentals they ever done. I was upset when I saw people walking out when they started playing this song...in my head I was thinking "are you f***ing serious"...Even if it's new...it's one of the best songs I have heard in a long time. I loved Far Cry as the opening for set two. It really started off the second set with a bang. The way the wind blows was awesome live. And I liked the video to Larger Bowl. Got their point across without being too preachy (unlike the Roger Waters concert).

Circumstances...a bit disappointed just because I was really looking forward to it. It was a good performance but Geddy's voice just can't go as high as it once was. Still a great song to hear live...but they had to change it up a bit. Still great though.

Between the Wheels and Dreamline ended the first set really well. I honestly didn't want it to end because Dreamline just really pumped me up and the crowd as well. The lights and the video to go with it. It worked really well.

Natural Science was by far the best in my opinion. OMFG. Coming in, that was the one I wanted to hear the most...but it exceeded my exptectations by far. It just completely rocked live! I absolutely loved the video that went with it and I just loved jammin to that tune. My friend and I just got so into it...we had a blast with that one. It was probably the best song I ever heard live at all the concerts I have been to (which isn't much compared to some of you).

Witch Hunt too. The show they put on for that song blew me away. It's a great song to hear live. To be honest, I wasn't too happy when I saw they were gonna do One Little Victory as their start for the encore. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed that song live. I would have probably preferred an older tune but the song really worked well live. I was pleased. Passage to Bangkok too. I swore I got huge whiff of pot soon when that song ended...I thought it was an appropriate time. hah. I was sooo happy they did that one and I think the whole audience was pleased. It was absolutely great to hear. YYZ was the best to close the show with. Everyone jammin to this song and pulling off their air guitar and air drums...it was amazing to see.

Ok. now I have to talk about the Drum Solo. OMFG. I was in complete awe as well as the other thousands of audience members watching the best drummer in the history of rock n roll creating a beautiful masterpiece. It's unbelievable how much talent Neil Peart has. It's seriously incredible. Like I said, this was my first Rush concert so I didn't know what to expect from the Drum Solo...but it completely blew me away. Words just can't express it...you have to see it to believe it. Even if you not a Rush fan...you have to witness that just because it's unlike anything you have ever seen.

I think I now understand why people see them multiple times during their tours. I would love to see this show again. And I really hope they have more tours left in them. I really wanna see them again. But I am so grateful for seeing them once...I mean this is the best a band can get. There will never be another Rush.

Sorry, for the long post. Once I get started, can't really stop. So fellow people at Nissan...or anyone who has seen them so far...comment on your experience? What was your highlight? Lowpoint (if any)? Did it exceed expectations or did you expect more?

I was there too -AWESOME SHOW! 1022.gif My friend Mike and I were there, section 302...row K. It was HIS first time seeing Rush since Test for Echo, and he loved it! The boys were really ON last night, too. Great gig! 653.gif

All of that was very well said Steel07. I know exactly how you feel, as I am sure most of us in here do. Tomorrow night Monday June 25th, I will be at their show in Pittsburgh. This will be my 15th RUSH show. My last was the first time I ever had second row center seats. (Chula Vista) And I was the same way.. to be that close and actually make eye contact at times, was just amazing. So glad you got to finally see RUSH.

Great overall show - they all seemed to be in a great mood. Best light show I've seen at any concert.

I was in the 13th row, and security was really strict with even compact cameras. I got several shots in, but after that a supervisor asked for my camera batteries. (I was able to get them back after the show.)

QUOTE (Steel07 @ Jun 24 2007, 12:16 PM)

goodpost.gif

Sounds like you had fun! Can't wait till I see them. 653.gif

f***ing amazing, I don't think it could have possibly been better. Subdivisions and Natural Science back to back sent me into a complete nerdout. Workin Them Angels is one of my least favorite songs on S&A, but I thought it was awesome live. It put me in such a good mood I even bought a ridiculously priced beer. Most of the crowd around us in 102 went crazy for the hits, especially this lady you just had to see to believe during YYZ. WOW...did anyone else around row S see her? I think my wife was almost in tears from it! laugh.gif It's great seeing other people who this music also means a lot to have a great time. Randy Johnson fist pumps from me all night. Plus the TRF people were very cool, I'm glad I spotted the balloons. yes.gif

Definetely a great show. I thought the, "oops" comment Geddy did during the first part of Mission was hilarious. It didnt sound like he screwed up any of the chords though, so Im not sure why he stopped and started over again.

I almost came over the the TRF area, but since we didnt know anybody we decided against it. All in all a great concert. Too bad the merchandise was sooo crazy expensive. I bought my girlfriend and I shirts and hers was $40 for a tanktop? I hope a good portion of that goes to the band.

The beers were $10 a pop too.. Ouch. I spent a fortune there. It was worth it to see them though.

Best show I've been to so far, but part of that has to do with the fact that I got to share the experience with my girlfriend. I was telling her on the way to the show that most likely RushTour.com would have a group of people running a banner around pre-show, and we actually parked right next to the person with the banner!

We had amazing seats, and the boys were spot on all night. I was so happy to hear Digital Man, and all of the new songs sounded very good. I really liked the added visual elements, especially during Far Cry and Witch Hunt.

Best part of the night for me though was when two people were talking about the show and one guy mentioned that "they didn't play any songs from Roll the Bones!" and my girlfriend...not really that in tune with Rush..but is trying for my sake turned around and said "Uh..yeah they did, Dreamline is the first song on the album..even I know that!".

It...almost brought a tear to my eye biggrin.gif

It was great to see such a wonderful turnout, and I hope everyone who went enjoyed themselves.

QUOTE (Soulcrafter @ Jun 24 2007, 12:58 PM)
I thought the, "oops" comment Geddy did during the first part of Mission was hilarious. It didnt sound like he screwed up any of the chords though, so Im not sure why he stopped and started over again.

Yeah, he didn't mess up the chords, but I think maybe what happened is he got out of time with the click track from the in-ear monitors. Those have count-ins frequently and he probably started too soon.

I was there....7th row center.....taking videos all night and pictures. Kept an eye on the guards.....no problems. guy near me was told to stop taking pictures....i guess i was outside there radar enough not to get noticed.

saw the bands PR rep///Shelly Nott dive in with Liam Birt at teh front gate.

plus Neils(and the head of security) Micheal Mosport I think thats how he spells it came right down my row carrying a Ghost rider book to someone down from me....my guess it was someone he knows and he had it signed by Neil.

The show................Un f***ing real!!!

The best I've seen out of my 30 plus shows over the years....these boys just get better and better.....it's amazing they don't get more attention simply for the quality of musainship....let alone how they have been together for so long..and are still ROCKING hard as shit....

I can not explain it........A guy from Copunterparts board said it best last night for me at our preshow get together in the VIP parking..."either you get it or you don't".

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 24 2007, 12:53 PM)
f***ing amazing, I don't think it could have possibly been better. Subdivisions and Natural Science back to back sent me into a complete nerdout. Workin Them Angels is one of my least favorite songs on S&A, but I thought it was awesome live. It put me in such a good mood I even bought a ridiculously priced beer. Most of the crowd around us in 102 went crazy for the hits, especially this lady you just had to see to believe during YYZ. WOW...did anyone else around row S see her? I think my wife was almost in tears from it! laugh.gif It's great seeing other people who this music also means a lot to have a great time. Randy Johnson fist pumps from me all night. Plus the TRF people were very cool, I'm glad I spotted the balloons. yes.gif

I was in section 102 row H though...I didn't see that lady. But I agree Subdivisions, Natural Science, then Witch Hunt. It was back to back to back. After each one of those I kept thinking...it can't get any better than this...and it did. It was just f***ing amazing. Going in I thought the first set would be stronger just because I thought the second set had too much S&A stuff...but the 2nd set just blew me away. After those three there was all the instrumental songs and the drum solo which basically sums up what Rush is all about. Then they completely nailed those two hits (Sawyer and Spirit of Radio)

Oh and Agent Rush... My uncle and I were talking about the exact same thing on the way there. He was saying how he showed a friend Xanadu way back when because his friend wanted to know what the "big deal" was about Rush. And after listening to that song he didn't understand. My uncle concluded the exact same thing. You either get it...or don't.

Oh yea. I forgot to talk about the interaction between the band members. I gotta say Geddy looked like he was having an awesome time. He was moving around all over the place...going towards Peart then Alex..kicking...jumping...he was just so energetic throughout. Alex too. During Subdivisions (i think) he was waving around his arms. And I love to see the passion when he plays...the way he closes his eyes...especially during hope. I didn't see Neil smile unfortunately but he was playing around with his drum sticks a lot. Throwing them and twirling them.

i'm 26 this was my 4th time seeing them live, 3rd overall at nissian, i must say this time around blew the roof off, i loved all the songs. plus my brother was with me he is 24 first time seeing Rush live. he wasn't a fan he just like some of their stuff. but after last night, he told me he like them more now then he did in the past. he loved neil's drum solo work. hopfully this wasn't the last time we seen them at nissian.

What can I say that hasn't been said already - the show was amazing. And seeing it from the front row (ORCH 2, Row A) with my wife was the best ever. Too bad we missed the TRF tailgate party (maybe next time), but yesterday was one of the best days I've ever had with perfect weather, awesome seats, etc...

Security didn't bother us at all over taking pictures and my wife took quite a few good ones last night. Enjoy.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01182.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01183.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01186.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01199.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01200.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01201.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01204.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01210.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01211.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01212.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01213.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01214.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01218a.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01222a.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01223a.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01224a.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01227a.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01233a.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01263.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20-%20Nissan%20Pavilion%2020070623/DSC01284a.jpg

WOW!!! AWESOME Pics! You had amazing seats!!!

A few questions for people who went to Nissan

What were those things right next Alex's feet on the floor? I couldn't make it out. Oh and was that chicken in the background in an 'oven'?? And what was up with the chefs?? hahahaa. I was just laughing everytime I saw them...figured it was their great sense of humor...but wasn't sure...

QUOTE (Steel07 @ Jun 24 2007, 04:58 PM)

What were those things right next Alex's feet on the floor? I couldn't make it out. Oh and was that chicken in the background in an 'oven'?? And what was up with the chefs?? hahahaa. I was just laughing everytime I saw them...figured it was their great sense of humor...but wasn't sure...

Those things at Alex's feet were a bunch of barbie dolls holding up Post-It "signs" with various funny notes, kind of like a bunch of adoring groupies (presumably set up by Alex's guitar tech - during the first song I watched Alex look down a bit and read the notes then laughed his ass off while playing and looking over at his tech - probably a nightly joke between the tow).

I was within a few feet of it all and Alex's reaction was priceless.

Memories....

QUOTE (workingman @ Jun 24 2007, 06:06 PM)

Those things at Alex's feet were a bunch of barbie dolls holding up Post-It "signs" with various funny notes, kind of like a bunch of adoring groupies (presumably set up by Alex's guitar tech - during the first song I watched Alex look down a bit and read the notes then laughed his ass off while playing and looking over at his tech - probably a nightly joke between the tow).

Memories....

Great pics Workingman. (Sorry I missed the call.) Missed you there and hope we have better luck hooking up next time. Sweet ticket score on those seats.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jun 24 2007, 05:00 PM)
^^^WOW - EXCELLENT photos!!! smile.gif

Thanks. Of course, the thanks go to my wife, since I was more interested in taking in every nuance of the show last night. Security let her roam around the entire front row and take all the pics she wanted. I was more interested in watching THE SHOW.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 24 2007, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (workingman @ Jun 24 2007, 06:06 PM)

Memories....

Great pics Workingman. (Sorry I missed the call.) Missed you there and hope we have better luck hooking up next time. Sweet ticket score on those seats.

Yeah, the only thing I wished I could have squeezed in last night was hooking up with you guys, even to just say "hi'.

Our front row tickets came compliments of 94.7 The Globe. We gave our previous tickets (section 101, Row J) to our friends with us who had tickets for Section 304. I ended up taking his Section 304 tickets and walking up to the lawn and giving them away to a nice couple as a free upgrade (kind of an "instant Karma" thing to spread our good fortune of getting getting FRONT ROW seats).

Awesome night overall.

Great pictures!!!

they blow mine away,,,I was a 6 rows behind you...I saw your wife snapping away.......made me more care free...but then again...I'm not as pretty as your wife......they never looked twice at me though....

QUOTE (Agent Rush @ Jun 24 2007, 05:37 PM)
Great pictures!!!

they blow mine away,,,I was a 6 rows behind you...I saw your wife snapping away.......made me more care free...but then again...I'm not as pretty as your wife......they never looked twice at me though....

My wife was the petite brunette wearing the black and red VT baseball jersey snapping pics left and right during the second set.

Too bad you didn't come up and say 'Hi' during intermission or something. Maybe next time...

*sigh* Time Stand Still. They didn't play it, but those lyrics totally express how I feel about that whole evening.

Im not looking back

But I want to look around me now

See more of the people

And the places that surround me now

Freeze this moment

A little bit longer

Make each sensation

A little bit stronger

Experience slips away...

The TRF gathering was everything I hoped it would be.

We're linked to one another

By such slender threads.

We are planets to each other,

Drifting in our orbits

To a brief eclipse.

Each of us a world apart,

Alone and yet together,

Like two passing ships.

It was really awesome to meet everyone. It was an amazing time of fellowship that didn't last long enough. The same with the show itself. They're always over too soon.

I sure hope we're able to do it again sometime.

The boys were ON that night! Neil was Neil, the seemingly emotionless machine of technical skill and professionalism we've come to expect and love. Alex and Geddy were having a good night, full of smiles and enthusiasm as they played. Geddy was definately in a fun mood, joking once or twice about his age as he caught his breath and sipped some water in between songs.

Big cheers to section 204 where I was in. Being 6'4" and rocking out all night at the bottom row, no one behind me voiced any complaints and as far as I could see, were standing most of the time as well.

Staff seemed very cool. They tolerated alot of drunken buffoonery in the aisles. I saw a whole VIP group twirling around the table cloths like they were on leave from some mental institute. And then there was some lunatic who was "dancing" through the near-empty VIP row - this guy was on another planet but wasn't disturbing others too much it seemed.

The setlist.... Between The Wheels really shone. And as others have said in other threads, things really pick up in the second set. It's dark, the lightshow's more effective, and much of the audience lose their inhibitions and rock out more.

I had thought 5 straight songs from the new album was a bit much, but I really got into it. They were played incredibly well. What came afterwards was the best of the night... Subdivisions, Natural Science, Witch Hunt, MalNar, Drum Solo... there's where I peaked in terms of enjoyment; singing along loudly/airdrumming/conducting/whatever-it-was-I-was-doing... just AMAZING!

Spirit of Radio, Tom Sawyer...always a blast to experience live. Great crowd response of course.

Special thanks to workingman and his wife for the posted pics. I'll treasure them always, as this was my BEST concert experience ever!!! wub.gif

Special thanks again to steelcaressed for the initiative and fine grilling. Thanks to his son and others for the live music before the show. (They played Lamneth! smile.gif )

Big thanks to everyone I met and talked to that night! cool.gif trink39.gif

Archived