Favorite hi-res album releases?

matthewpartrick

So, I got interested in hi-res files after buying some pretty decent head-fi equipment that made me hear not only our favorite band in a new way, but also really opened the door to some crazy detail on the 40th anniversary vinyl releases and their accompanying hi-res downloads.

That said, I've seen quite a few hi-res versions of the usual suspects like MP, but none of the less mainstream stuff like Hemispheres (at least for the plebes.)

Does anyone recommend any really good hi-res releases of some of the lesser known albums? There was an SACD version of Hemispheres a few years ago, but AFAIAC that's a dead medium.

Suggestions?

Just find a original pressing vinyl record of Hemispheres and you got the best possible quality sound.

The Audio Fidelity Hemispheres comes pretty darn close to the Kong Hemispheres. Don't have the 2015 vinyl reissue yet. (Or the Japanese original vinyl issue either for that matter.)

Just find a original pressing vinyl record of Hemispheres and you got the best possible quality sound.

The Audio Fidelity Hemispheres comes pretty darn close to the Kong Hemispheres. Don't have the 2015 vinyl reissue yet. (Or the Japanese original vinyl issue either for that matter.)

I have all 3, and they are KILLER

I have all the albums in Hi-Res.

I play them on a high res player (Pioneer) through decent headphones, B&W P7. They sound great but no better than they would from quality vinyl on a top system.

Most of the perceived benefits from bitrates etc are down to the quality components used to play them.