Eli Roth to direct Death Wish reboot with Bruce Willis

Disembodied Spirit

Cabin Fever was quite possibly the worst, most forced POS I have ever seen

I echo the sentiments already stated about Roth

His cannibal movie was even worse.

I'm not sure that is even possible

Torture yourself and try it.

I promise you...it's a lot worse, partly because he is still making the same movies most make when all they have is a camcorder and ketchup, and also because...well...

Unlike Cabin Fever The Green Inferno has no camp charm going for it whatsoever.

And I would argue that Cabin Fever doesn't even have that...it just seems much better in comparison.

• Like 1

Cabin Fever was quite possibly the worst, most forced POS I have ever seen

I echo the sentiments already stated about Roth

How about Uwe Boll's House of the Dead?

Is Cabin Fever worse? It can't be. Can it?

I admit that House Of The Dead was one of the few movies I just couldn't finish watching .. It was a joke that was not entertaining or funny ..

I was stuck in a theater with Cabin Fever .. but the really annoying aspect of Roth's movies is that he tries so hard to be cutting edge, avant-garde, or whatever you wanna call it ... He thinks he is the only guy who gets the kitsch of the low budget films of the past ..

With that in mind, Cabin Fever is worse ... House knows it sucks - Cabin thinks it is smart

Yeah, I get that.

I've only seen Roth's Hostel and I've only seen Boll's House of the Dead...and yeah, I have to agree that Hostel seemed to think it was cool/stylish BUT it was crap. Meanwhile, House of the Dead knew it was crap but mistakenly thought it was good for being so crap.

That's a lot of crap!

I saw that on Showtime for the curiosity factor and it's quite hilariously awful. The Nostalgia Critic reviews for it as well as Bloodrayne and Alone In The Dark are awesome.

Eli Roth is one of the biggest, most overrated hacks in the movie business.

Bruce Willis is obviously willing to do anything to keep himself an action movie star, this is ridiculous.

I hope it flops and Eli Roth puts all his unearned earnings to good use and retires young.

I hope he gives Roth hell like he did to Kevin Smith on the set of Cop Out. Fitting that he's remaking a movie that spawned Cannon sequels since he was in that documentary about Cannon Films recently.

Oh, and let's not forget his weak link performance in Inglorious Basterds. Shame on you, Quentin, for associating yourself with him.

Bruce Willis is obviously willing to do anything to keep himself an action movie star, this is ridiculous.

I hope it flops and Eli Roth puts all his unearned earnings to good use and retires young.

I hope he gives Roth hell like he did to Kevin Smith on the set of Cop Out. Fitting that he's remaking a movie that spawned Cannon sequels since he was in that documentary about Cannon Films recently.

Oh, and let's not forget his weak link performance in Inglorious Basterds. Shame on you, Quentin, for associating yourself with him.

Tarantino highly praises Roth. Ridiculous.

I didn't mind his performance though. I think he is better in front of the camera than behind it.

I didn't mind his performance though. I think he is better in front of the camera than behind it.

The 3 times I've seen him act have either been forgettable or stupid.

• Like 1

In Basterds I got the impression that was the whole point so...it worked for me.

Then again I think the biggest fault in that film was the Basterds storyline anyway. Take that out and you have a really powerful drama about the wronged Jewish woman seeking revenge. Seriously, I would give the film a 10/10 if I could cut the title characters out and flesh out her story a whole lot more.

JohnnyBlaze, have you seen the Dutch film Black Book? It's one of the best films I have ever seen...and don't laugh...it's directed by Paul Verhoeven. It's so much better than Inglorious Basterds and stars Carice Van Houten, one of the most beautiful and charismatic actresses I have ever seen.

I strongly recommend it. It's touching, it's gripping and entertaining, stylish and ridiculously underrated.

• Like 1

In Basterds I got the impression that was the whole point so...it worked for me.

Then again I think the biggest fault in that film was the Basterds storyline anyway. Take that out and you have a really powerful drama about the wronged Jewish woman seeking revenge. Seriously, I would give the film a 10/10 if I could cut the title characters out and flesh out her story a whole lot more.

JohnnyBlaze, have you seen the Dutch film Black Book? It's one of the best films I have ever seen...and don't laugh...it's directed by Paul Verhoeven. It's so much better than Inglorious Basterds and stars Carice Van Houten, one of the most beautiful and charismatic actresses I have ever seen.

I strongly recommend it. It's touching, it's gripping and entertaining, stylish and ridiculously underrated.

I haven't seen Black Book. But I wouldn't laugh since Verhoeven has a 2-2 record with me. So, I'd give it a shot. Some of his other flicks I just skipped entirely because they looked like movies I wouldn't enjoy...but, of course, I don't know how those actually turned out since I didn't see them.

I see what you're saying with Basterds. I had some problems with it too. And yeah, it would've been better served if it were more focused on the Jewish woman's story (but that's Tarantino for you these days). Going back to Roth, he was pretty forgettable in that one IMHO.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Black Book. But I wouldn't laugh since Verhoeven has a 2-2 record with me. So, I'd give it a shot. Some of his other flicks I just skipped entirely because they looked like movies I wouldn't enjoy...but, of course, I don't know how those actually turned out since I didn't see them.

I see what you're saying with Basterds. I had some problems with it too. And yeah, it would've been better served if it were more focused on the Jewish woman's story (but that's Tarantino for you these days). Going back to Roth, he was pretty forgettable in that one IMHO.

Tbh I got the impression he was in the film as part of Tarantino's tribute to the trashy flicks he grew up loving. I thought he looked fine next to an annoying Brad Pitt.

And yes, Tarantino is such a creative director but I have serious complaints about most of his films. Basterds is my favourite of his films actually but it's also the one with the most annoying flaws (odd I know).

Django did nothing for me. And the latest one, The Hateful Eight, does not interest me at all.

But Black Book is like everything good about Basterds only so much better.

• Like 1

Tbh I got the impression he was in the film as part of Tarantino's tribute to the trashy flicks he grew up loving. I thought he looked fine next to an annoying Brad Pitt.

And yes, Tarantino is such a creative director but I have serious complaints about most of his films. Basterds is my favourite of his films actually but it's also the one with the most annoying flaws (odd I know).

Django did nothing for me. And the latest one, The Hateful Eight, does not interest me at all.

Well, I don't like Pitt anyway so you'll get no disagreement from me on that point.

Django was ok up until Waltz was (unfortunately) out of the picture. After that, it kind of annoyed me.

I haven't seen Hateful 8 yet mainly because I don't have faith in Tarantino flicks anymore.

Tarantino has a 3-5 overall record with me...the 5 losses being the last 5 that I've seen.

I LOVE Bruce Willis and his work, but he CAN'T do it ANY BETTER THAN CHARLES DID! :tsk: :banana:

Well, I don't like Pitt anyway so you'll get no disagreement from me on that point.

Django was ok up until Waltz was (unfortunately) out of the picture. After that, it kind of annoyed me.

I haven't seen Hateful 8 yet mainly because I don't have faith in Tarantino flicks anymore.

Tarantino has a 3-5 overall record with me...the 5 losses being the last 5 that I've seen.

Brad Pitt is the most overrated actor of this age. Seriously don't get how a handsome face is enough to win over critics.

What are the three you enjoy?

Brad Pitt is the most overrated actor of this age. Seriously don't get how a handsome face is enough to win over critics.

Dogs, Pulp, and Jackie.

Oh man, I'm so with you on the handsome face and overrated Pitt bits.

A lot of people out here argue with me about Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves with: "Why don't you like (x)? He's so handsome!" My answer is always, "I said that I didn't like his acting. I never mentioned his looks." But they still don't get it.

Dogs, Pulp, and Jackie.

A lot of people out here argue with me about Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves with: "Why don't you like (x)? He's so handsome!" My answer is always, "I said that I didn't like his acting. I never mentioned his looks." But they still don't get it.

Agreed. I find I have to really enjoy movies they are in in spite of their presence.

I did like Brad Pitt in Seven, but I thought the character came off a lot like Brad himself so it probably wasn't all acting. But that film is so great I think any weaknesses are easily brushed aside.

I also am one of the few that liked Benjamin Button. I thought his performance was actually OK...but again, like Seven, I was enjoying the concept more than anything else.

I will say though that I have a lot of time for Jude Law and Bradley Cooper. Two pretty boy actors whose work has continually impressed me. But I often see them brushed aside.

I would say to be honest I enjoy all Tarantino's films, but I don't think any of them are truly perfect. I like Basterds the most purely for one storyline and some terrific acting. I'm also reluctant to call it his best film for the other aspects I don't like, but I truly love certain parts of the movie more than pretty much any other film the last ten years.

• Like 1

Dogs, Pulp, and Jackie.

Agreed. I find I have to really enjoy movies they are in in spite of their presence.

I did like Brad Pitt in Seven, but I thought the character came off a lot like Brad himself so it probably wasn't all acting. But that film is so great I think any weaknesses are easily brushed aside.

I also am one of the few that liked Benjamin Button. I thought his performance was actually OK...but again, like Seven, I was enjoying the concept more than anything else.

I will say though that I have a lot of time for Jude Law and Bradley Cooper. Two pretty boy actors whose work has continually impressed me. But I often see them brushed aside.

Coincidentally, when my aforementioned acquaintances couldn't believe I didn't like the handsome actors they do, they surmised, "I see. You don't like handsome actors." I said, "Not at all." And the first pretty boy I mentioned: Jude Law!... a good actor that just happens to be handsome. I didn't mention Bradley Cooper but I would've had I thought of him at the time.

Later, they asked who my favorite actor is and I said, "It's tough to say but maybe Denzel Washington. And HE used to be a really good looking guy. He still is, but he's just much older now of course."

After that they were starting to understand me. But not. They were still stuck on why I thought Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves suck. :LOL:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Dogs, Pulp, and Jackie.

Coincidentally, when my aforementioned acquaintances couldn't believe I didn't like the handsome actors they do, they surmised, "I see. You don't like handsome actors." I said, "Not at all." And the first pretty boy I mentioned: Jude Law!... a good actor that just happens to be handsome. I didn't mention Bradley Cooper but I would've had I thought of him at the time.

Later, they asked who my favorite actor is and I said, "It's tough to say but maybe Denzel Washington. And HE used to be a really good looking guy. He still is, but he's just much older now of course."

After that they were starting to understand me. But not. They were still stuck on why I thought Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves suck. :LOL:

I have never seen a Keanu Reeves film I like. I love the concept of The Matric and have wondered if I might enjoy the film with a revisit but not sure...

I hear a lot of people currently slating Jennifer Lawrence but I won't lie, I think she is tremendous (but her media personality rubs me the wrong way sometimes).

• Like 1

Dogs, Pulp, and Jackie.

Same goes for the other side with Jessica Alba and Megan Fox.

Dogs, Pulp, and Jackie.

Same goes for the other side with Jessica Alba and Megan Fox.

Jessica Alba gave a great performance in the little seen movie The Killer Inside Me.

The only Roth he should praise is Tim. :)

It's a Hollywood tradition

Robert Redford and Steve McQueen were dreadful actors

Edited by Lucas

All Is Lost would like to have a word with you.

Well I can try to listen but I cannot promise I won't fall asleep.

Dreadfully boring.

• Like 1

If you're going with dreadful actors that were good looking, I would've picked Elvis way before Redford or McQueen. Elvis was absolute crap in movies. He was worse than Pitt ever was! And that's saying a lot for me.