Manifold Destiny

Here's a Rush-influenced instrumental I wrote. Unlike most instrumentals, there isn't really a theme that you can refer back to. I wanted the music to reflect the title of the song in that it's supposed to be like going on a road trip to some place you've never been before where each vista is brand new (to you). That said, I was given some good advice to at least reiterate a few musical ideas so that there's something familiar by the time it's all over. I hope you enjoy!

http://youtu.be/_Zyyo5JgOi0

• Like 5

Well done! Crack open a HemiBeer :cheers:

I detect a touch of dixie dregs in there...but maybe my ears are fooling me.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Well done! Crack open a HemiBeer :cheers:

I detect a touch of dixie dregs in there...but maybe my ears are fooling me.

I certainly played the hell out of Industry Standard back when it came out, so it's possible I picked up a touch of the Dregs. Thanks for listening!

• Like 2

Very good indeed...Rush influence obvious of course,and I liked the way you backed off the gain for most of it to give it that "classic" sound of the band...very La Villa-esque at the end.
  • Like 2

Very good indeed...Rush influence obvious of course,and I liked the way you backed off the gain for most of it to give it that "classic" sound of the band...very La Villa-esque at the end.

Thanks!

Agree that the Rush vibe is heavy. Hemisphere's era especially.

Always a pleasure helping with the mixes. The music is top shelf, making it very enjoyable to listen to the many times necessary while mixing.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

Agree that the Rush vibe is heavy. Hemisphere's era especially.

Always a pleasure helping with the mixes. The music is top shelf, making it very enjoyable to listen to the many times necessary while mixing.

It'd be a lame-ass song with your mix and PM&S' bass playing!

Edited by JARG

But the real question is 'did you count?' We all know it's crap unless you count. :eyeroll:

:LOL:

Good stuff! The drum programming is really impressive. Guitar sounds are varied and solid, and the playing is clean. 3:42-3:59 is my fave stretch.

Does your Carvin have the tone knob that pulls out to give you split coils? Sounds like it in this tune.

Good stuff! The drum programming is really impressive. Guitar sounds are varied and solid, and the playing is clean. 3:42-3:59 is my fave stretch.

Does your Carvin have the tone knob that pulls out to give you split coils? Sounds like it in this tune.

Thanks for the good words.

The guitar has a mini switch for the coil-split.

ETA: Btw, that section you like is one of the "reiterations" I put in there. The same progression happens at 1:52 - 2:07. Same progression, different feel.

Edited by JARG