What was WEIRD that happened to you today?

OldRUSHfan

I changed my avatar and now I'm talking like Robert Smith. LOL :)

Why is this WEIRD? I bought the "WISH" album right when It came out, and fell in love with "End" immediately. Liked the 'hit' "Friday I'm In Love", but I'm REALLY INTO Long 'droning' songs as my BFF used to call them...Ever Heard any Peter Murphy? He was a member of the Bauhaus, but went solo and a song off of his "DEEP" album had a song called "Roll Call (Reprise)" which was another 'Droning' song my BFF introduced me too.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/dancing%20bananas.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Why is this WEIRD? I bought the "WISH" album right when It came out, and fell in love with "End" immediately. Liked the 'hit' "Friday I'm In Love", but I'm REALLY INTO Long 'droning' songs as my BFF used to call them...Ever Heard any Peter Murphy? He was a part of

He was a part of Bauhaus. He also did a collaboration with Trent Reznor. Edited by Boots
  • Like 1

Why is this WEIRD? I bought the "WISH" album right when It came out, and fell in love with "End" immediately. Liked the 'hit' "Friday I'm In Love", but I'm REALLY INTO Long 'droning' songs as my BFF used to call them...Ever Heard any Peter Murphy? He was a part of

He was a part of Bauhaus. He also did a collaboration with Trent Reznor.

Another of my 'Drony' song Artists...my BFF Dave (†) also introduced me to nin....still a fave of mine....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Fancy%20dancing%20Banana%20orange.gif

Had a strange mixture of satisfaction and melancholy today.....

DAPEUTp.gif

• Like 1

Everything has such a weird vibe lately. I'm not a crier, but all I want to do is walk around and cry. Strange times we live in. And weird.

Indeed.

jqKU4cw.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Everything has such a weird vibe lately. I'm not a crier, but all I want to do is walk around and cry. Strange times we live in. And weird.

Indeed.

jqKU4cw.gif

:sigh:

Remember the movie The Omen? The man that was trying to hide from something he couldn't see and he had his room plastered with crucifixes (or was it wallpapered with pages from the Bible? I don't quite remember now.)? :scared:

• Like 1

Indeed.

jqKU4cw.gif

:sigh:

Remember the movie The Omen? The man that was trying to hide from something he couldn't see and he had his room plastered with crucifixes (or was it wallpapered with pages from the Bible? I don't quite remember now.)? :scared:

Its been SOOOOOOO long since i've watched that movie!

j1GrkLD.gif

A huge military Chinook helicopter just flew really low over our house. ??? It is strange sometimes living in a town where there. is a small army base. This one wasn't really on their flight path though.
  • Like 1

Something happened a few years ago that was weird. Like I said I always get weird people coming up to me, sometimes they don't talk though, they do other things...

I was at the bus station waiting for a bus, I'd just missed one and the next one wasn't for half an hour so I got myself ready for a boring 30 minutes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this woman coming towards me but I didn't think anything of it. Eventually though she came right up to me. She was black and she had a baby. She looked at me and handed me the baby and walked away, disappeared into the crowd. So here I was at the bus station all of a sudden with a baby in my arms. The baby was about a year old at least, it was a girl and she had her long hair all done up in dreadlock braids or whatever they were. The baby didn't seem bothered by being dropped into the arms of a complete stranger, she seemed quite unperturbed. I was worried about dropping her but that was just paranoia I think, baby minding vertigo. The baby turned and looked at me. She had an expression on her face that said: "who the f**k are you?" At least she wasn't crying or struggling or pissing her pants though.

So time passed, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes and no sign of the mother. I was starting to wonder if she had abandoned her baby. I was imagining myself going to the police station and handing her in like a lost wallet. I looked at the baby for signs of neglect, but not she was clean, nicely dressed, hair all done up like I said, and looked well cared for and healthy. The baby gave me another of one those looks like: "Who the hell are you supposed to be?" Then she reached up and started pulling my hair. I whispered to the baby to let go but she didn't seem to want to. I was getting manhandled by a baby! Eventually she let go and turned away. I was hoping no one else at my stop was thinking I was some kind of baby napper, me the white guy with my black baby! I tried talking to the baby but she just looked at me like "Are you serious?"

20 minutes went by, 25 still no sign of the mother. I was giving up on the bus and all set for a stroll to the cop shop, but then the bus arrived and just behind it the mother followed. She didn't say anything to me when she handed the baby to me and she didn't say anything now as she took it back. She just had a smirk on her face, probably at the look of relief on my face. I didn't say anything either, and neither did the baby it just gave me one last baleful look as if to say "Good riddance!" I was thinking touche baby touche!

• Like 6

Something happened a few years ago that was weird. Like I said I always get weird people coming up to me, sometimes they don't talk though, they do other things...

I was at the bus station waiting for a bus, I'd just missed one and the next one wasn't for half an hour so I got myself ready for a boring 30 minutes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this woman coming towards me but I didn't think anything of it. Eventually though she came right up to me. She was black and she had a baby. She looked at me and handed me the baby and walked away, disappeared into the crowd. So here I was at the bus station all of a sudden with a baby in my arms. The baby was about a year old at least, it was a girl and she had her long hair all done up in dreadlock braids or whatever they were. The baby didn't seem bothered by being dropped into the arms of a complete stranger, she seemed quite unperturbed. I was worried about dropping her but that was just paranoia I think, baby minding vertigo. The baby turned and looked at me. She had an exp<b></b>ression on her face that said: "who the f**k are you?" At least she wasn't crying or struggling or pissing her pants though.

So time passed, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes and no sign of the mother. I was starting to wonder if she had abandoned her baby. I was imagining myself going to the police station and handing her in like a lost wallet. I looked at the baby for signs of neglect, but not she was clean, nicely dressed, hair all done up like I said, and looked well cared for and healthy. The baby gave me another of one those looks like: "Who the hell are you supposed to be?" Then she reached up and started pulling my hair. I whispered to the baby to let go but she didn't seem to want to. I was getting manhandled by a baby! Eventually she let go and turned away. I was hoping no one else at my stop was thinking I was some kind of baby napper, me the white guy with my black baby! I tried talking to the baby but she just looked at me like "Are you serious?"

20 minutes went by, 25 still no sign of the mother. I was giving up on the bus and all set for a stroll to the cop shop, but then the bus arrived and just behind it the mother followed. She didn't say anything to me when she handed the baby to me and she didn't say anything now as she took it back. She just had a smirk on her face, probably at the look of relief on my face. I didn't say anything either, and neither did the baby it just gave me one last baleful look as if to say "Good riddance!" I was thinking touche baby touche!

ok Duck, I have some questions:

- Did other people see this exchange ?? .. Was there anyone else aware of what happened ?

- Do you think you were being set up for something ??

- Could the mother have as easily given the kid to someone else, and for some reason, chose you, or, were you the only one who missed the previous bus, therefore, the mother had no choice but to hand the baby to you ??

Because she was right behind the bus you were waiting for tells us that a) she knew the schedule b) followed it from somewhere else, or c) never really went anywhere further than out of eyesight

Very strange story, it sounds like a dream !!

Edited by Lucas

I was at the bus station waiting for a bus, I'd just missed one and the next one wasn't for half an hour so I got myself ready for a boring 30 minutes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this woman coming towards me but I didn't think anything of it. Eventually though she came right up to me. She was black and she had a baby. She looked at me and handed me the baby and walked away, disappeared into the crowd. So here I was at the bus station all of a sudden with a baby in my arms. The baby was about a year old at least, it was a girl and she had her long hair all done up in dreadlock braids or whatever they were. The baby didn't seem bothered by being dropped into the arms of a complete stranger, she seemed quite unperturbed. I was worried about dropping her but that was just paranoia I think, baby minding vertigo. The baby turned and looked at me. She had an expression on her face that said: "who the f**k are you?" At least she wasn't crying or struggling or pissing her pants though.

- Did other people see this exchange ?? .. Was there anyone else aware of what happened ?

- Could the mother have as easily given the kid to someone else, and for some reason, chose you, or, were you the only one who missed the previous bus, therefore, the mother had no choice but to hand the baby to you ??

Because she was right behind the bus you were waiting for tells us that a) she knew the schedule b) followed it from somewhere else, or c) never really went anywhere further than out of eyesight

I'm not sure to be honest. There was about 3 or 4 other people at that particular point (#26 bus) none of them seemed to notice, but I can't be sure, I was a bit distracted by the baby.

No I didn't think of that and as nothing like that happened in the event I didn't consider it later. In fact I'm only thinking of that now that you mention it.

I suppose she could have given it to one of these other 3 or 4 people or she could have given it to someone else at some other bus point like the #598 but she did catch the #26 the same as me so maybe she was looking for someone to hand the baby to and i got the nod.

I think she must have been around somewhere. There's plenty of shops, a market, an arcade, restaurants, cafes etc around there. She could have gone in any of them and still had a view of where I was.

It was real alright, and yeah it was weird. I even have a name for the whole thing, I call it "The Baby Incident". i wonder where that baby is now??

• Like 2

I was at the bus station waiting for a bus, I'd just missed one and the next one wasn't for half an hour so I got myself ready for a boring 30 minutes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this woman coming towards me but I didn't think anything of it. Eventually though she came right up to me. She was black and she had a baby. She looked at me and handed me the baby and walked away, disappeared into the crowd. So here I was at the bus station all of a sudden with a baby in my arms. The baby was about a year old at least, it was a girl and she had her long hair all done up in dreadlock braids or whatever they were. The baby didn't seem bothered by being dropped into the arms of a complete stranger, she seemed quite unperturbed. I was worried about dropping her but that was just paranoia I think, baby minding vertigo. The baby turned and looked at me. She had an exp<b></b>ression on her face that said: "who the f**k are you?" At least she wasn't crying or struggling or pissing her pants though.

I'm not sure to be honest. There was about 3 or 4 other people at that particular point (#26 bus) none of them seemed to notice, but I can't be sure, I was a bit distracted by the baby.

No I didn't think of that and as nothing like that happened in the event I didn't consider it later. In fact I'm only thinking of that now that you mention it.

I suppose she could have given it to one of these other 3 or 4 people or she could have given it to someone else at some other bus point like the #598 but she did catch the #26 the same as me so maybe she was looking for someone to hand the baby to and i got the nod.

I think she must have been around somewhere. There's plenty of shops, a market, an arcade, restaurants, cafes etc around there. She could have gone in any of them and still had a view of where I was.

It was real alright, and yeah it was weird. I even have a name for the whole thing, I call it "The Baby Incident". i wonder where that baby is now??

Imagine if you had NOT missed that bus

Would she have handed the baby to someone else -- quite possibly someone far less caring and patient as yourself ??

• Like 2

I grew up and am now posting on TRF!

SURPRISE!!!

I know it's probably a shock that I was that same little black girl just a few years ago but time passes by.

Thanks for not dropping me!

Oh, and yeah, in my baby mind I was thinking "Who the f**k are you?"

:hail:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

In MY baby mind, I was thinking "I wanna F#*K pussy, Nice and gooey, I wanna F#*K a pussy maybe with YOU-EE"[i've determined I'm an OLD SOUL so it's left over from a past life....]

GeFFNCS.gif

Imagine if you had NOT missed that bus

Would she have handed the baby to someone else -- quite possibly someone far less caring and patient as yourself ??

I dunno, maybe, maybe not.

That is such a f*cked up thing to happen!

That is such a f*cked up thing to happen!

Aye!

My hairdresser unintentionally humped me. It was a woman. That was really weird.

The last time that happened was with a male hairdresser. We did it in the salon he owned.

I've also made out with guys at Olympic venues and sports bars during playoff games.

I have a very strange life.

• Like 1

My hairdresser unintentionally humped me. It was a woman. That was really weird.

The last time that happened was with a male hairdresser. We did it in the salon he owned.

I've also made out with guys at Olympic venues and sports bars during playoff games.

Unintentionally humped you? :huh:

I told her I was married so she'd leave me alone.
  • Like 1

Are you sure she didn't just bump into you? Or was there something more to it? Where was this at the salon?

Are you sure she didn't just bump into you? Or was there something more to it? Where was this at the salon?

It happened while she was doing my hair. I had to go to a different salon because my usual place was fully booked.

It happened while she was doing my hair. I had to go to a different salon because my usual place was fully booked.

Was there anyone else there?