Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

willowroolz

Just got back from seeing Rogue 1 on the largest IMAX screen in the whole state of Florida. 10,500 square feet. I have to admit I like this movie very much more than the last one. The story was original! The characters were cool! And the effects were SUPERB!!! I also loved how the infused characters from the original series and made them look as they did way back then. Dart Vader's Helmet was also very shiny which gave that added bit of realism! :laughing guy: That last part was a joke. Overall I give 9.5 out of 10. Very very pleased. :yes:

MOSI?

Yep! It was an awesome immersive experience. (FYI if you go sit as high as possible :yes: )

I always feel like I'm going to fall down the stairs there.

My better 1/2 had the same experience and to top it off she was in heels lol. She really liked how the movie was displayed but did mention it was a bit alien to her (no pun intended :LOL: )

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing Rogue 1 on the largest IMAX screen in the whole state of Florida. 10,500 square feet. I have to admit I like this movie very much more than the last one. The story was original! The characters were cool! And the effects were SUPERB!!! I also loved how the infused characters from the original series and made them look as they did way back then. Dart Vader's Helmet was also very shiny which gave that added bit of realism! :laughing guy: That last part was a joke. Overall I give 9.5 out of 10. Very very pleased. :yes:

I agree. Except for the last 10 seconds I would definitely give it a 10.

I actually liked the ending especially with the recent news of poor Carrie. And I thought it set up the stage for "A New Hope" I know that was the intent but I really enjoyed the whole experience.

I loved the last scene. It blew me away. I wasn't expecting it and it was so realistic! Also - I loved the shiny Vader helmet, loved the original rebel helmets and clothing, loved how they brought back Peter Cushings wonderful image, loved James Earl Jones voice.. The sound design was amazing. Giacchino's score was transparent, yet soaring and gave all of the appropriate nods to Williams. The whole thing was fantastic. I can't wait to see it again.

• Like 2

I think we can all agree the bar has been raised for anything Disney does in the Star Wars universe from here on out...

Somewhat connected...

I just thought about this now---I don't think I'd like Han Solo prequel given the events in Force Awakens.

As I said earlier in this thread, the possible return of Rogue One characters in timelines that preceded it IMHO would lessen their deaths. I think the same lessening effect would go for Han. Assuming he's truly dead, I don't think I need a prequel to resurrect him and tell his backstory.

...then there's the obvious comparison to Harrison Ford that will be made no matter how good the new actor is.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I've still gotta see this. I wasn't that excited for it at first but it's getting really good reviews so I think i've gotta get my ass over to the theater sometime this week and see it. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

I've still gotta see this. I wasn't that excited for it at first but it's getting really good reviews so I think i've gotta get my ass over to the theater sometime this week and see it.

:yes: you must go to see this movie :yes:

:LOL:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

I've still gotta see this. I wasn't that excited for it at first but it's getting really good reviews so I think i've gotta get my ass over to the theater sometime this week and see it.

:yes: you must go to see this movie :yes:

:LOL:

I need to go see it again. Anyone around for the original trilogy is going to love this especially. I hope they did a great job with VIII because this movie is the real deal. Can't wait for Han Solo and hopefully boba fett.

• Like 2

That's right! Put your ass in the car and drive to the theater!
  • Like 1

I actually liked the ending especially with the recent news of poor Carrie. And I thought it set up the stage for "A New Hope" I know that was the intent but I really enjoyed the whole experience.

Not the fact of her being there but how bad the CGI was.

It didn't bother me mainly because I thought the movie was so good already. But I think they could've given the same line but said by Jimmy Smits/Bail Organa OR by Mon Mothma.

Yeah they could have but I guess it made more of an impact and sense to have Leia get the plans.

The back shot would've been enough. No need to show her full face...
  • Like 2

It didn't bother me mainly because I thought the movie was so good already. But I think they could've given the same line but said by Jimmy Smits/Bail Organa OR by Mon Mothma.

Yeah they could have but I guess it made more of an impact and sense to have Leia get the plans.

But we might not have been able to recognize her from just the back given the numerous brunettes with Cinnabon hair decked all in white in the Star Wars universe :P

• Like 3

But we might not have been able to recognize her from just the back given the numerous brunettes with Cinnabon hair decked all in white in the Star Wars universe :P

Damn... I forgot about the whole clone Leia planet...
  • Like 1

I am one of the biggest Star Wars geeks in the galaxy! I instantly fell in love with Episode 7. I thought Disney was going to DESTROY the Lucas Legacy like the way the Death Star can destroy small moons!!!

So when Rogue One came out I figured it was just a "B MOVIE" cash grab flick. So for the first time in my life I missed an Opening Night Star Wars film.

I had very little interest. I was quite the cynic.

So I decided to go see this movie today alone. I love going to a "blockbuster" alone so I can focus on the film and not deal with being with a chick or one of my buddies.

Well.......

THIS IS THE BEST STAR WARS MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!!!

I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOOT ME ON STUN!

I WAS SHOCKED!!!!!

The tears fell throughout this incredible film.

THE END BLEW MY f***ing MIND INTO STARDUST!

GET IT????

THIS FILM GETS 5 DEATH STARS!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know how Episode VIII will top this one!!!

THANK GOD AND THE FORCE THAT CARRIE FISHER IS OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I am one of the biggest Star Wars geeks in the galaxy! I instantly fell in love with Episode 7. I thought Disney was going to DESTROY the Lucas Legacy like the way the Death Star can destroy small moons!!!

So when Rogue One came out I figured it was just a "B MOVIE" cash grab flick. So for the first time in my life I missed an Opening Night Star Wars film.

So I decided to go see this movie today alone. I love going to a "blockbuster" alone so I can focus on the film and not deal with being with a chick or one of my buddies.

Well.......

I WAS SHOCKED!!!!!

GET IT????

I shared your apprehension! I have been waiting for oh so long for a Staw Wars movie to transport me back to the wonder of my adolescent youth and magic the 1st Star Wars movies moved me with. I went with cautious optimism but oh so ready for the big let down. Holly SHIT!!! was I surprised from even the way the movie started! Pleasantly assured and all the nostalgia was just icing on the cake! :ebert: :clap:

• Like 3

Well.......

I WAS SHOCKED!!!!!

GET IT????

I shared your apprehension! I have been waiting for oh so long for a Staw Wars movie to transport me back to the wonder of my adolescent youth and magic the 1st Star Wars movies moved me with. I went with cautious optimism but oh so ready for the big let down. Holly SHIT!!! was I surprised from even the way the movie started! Pleasantly assured and all the nostalgia was just icing on the cake! :ebert: :clap:

AMAZING!!!! YES!!!!! I totally agree with you my friend!!! BEYOND EPIC! BEYOND BEYOND! JUST LIKE SPACE!!!!!

I feel so sorry for TREKKIES! THE LAST GREAT STAR TREK MOVIE WAS STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME! LOL!!!

Even ABRAMS SUCKED WITH "BEYOND!" JUNK!

I'm glad Carried laid down her parts for VIII. Amen. However going forward I'm not sure about the rest of the Star Wars chapters.

Are they really going back in time again to do a Han Solo movie and a Boba Fett flick?

Interesting. Guess they can CGI imprint a young Harrison Ford face too.....

I went with cautious optimism too. However HOLY SHIT SAYS IT ALL!!!

LEIA!!!!!

I stayed at the STARDUST once in Vegas before they blew it up like the DEATH STAR! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I saw Don Rickles there.

EPIC!

LIKE ROGUE ONE!!!!

I was actually hoping for a ROGUE TWO! LOL!

Maybe they will do one in between 8 and 9 some year.........

I stayed at the STARDUST once in Vegas before they blew it up like the DEATH STAR! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I saw Don Rickles there.

EPIC!

LIKE ROGUE ONE!!!!

The Han Solo prequel will come out between episodes 8 and 9. Then there's something coming out AFTER episode 9 too.

Breaks down like this: Episode 8 (2017), prequel Han (2018), Episode 9 (2019), untitled spinoff (2020).

And, of course, there won't be a CGI Ford face in there.

Here's who's cast as young Han Solo:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alden_Ehrenreich

As far as I've read, there's no word on whether Boba Fett will be in there or not. But why would he be? I thought he wasn't hired until episode 4 or 5 while this prequel will be set years before that. I guess they could shoehorn him in because he's popular + to sell more toys. But that'd be unnecessary. The toys will sell no matter what. And the toys will be in younger versions of Han and, assuming they're in there, Chewbacca and Colt 45 Lando.

• Like 1

I saw Don Rickles there.

EPIC!

LIKE ROGUE ONE!!!!

The Han Solo prequel will come out between episodes 8 and 9. Then there's something coming out AFTER episode 9 too.

Breaks down like this: Episode 8 (2017), prequel Han (2018), Episode 9 (2019), untitled spinoff (2020).

http://en.m.wikipedi...lden_Ehrenreich

As far as I've read, there's no word on whether Boba Fett will be in there or not. But why would he be? I thought he wasn't hired until episode 4 or 5 while this prequel will be set years before that. I guess they could shoehorn him in because he's popular + to sell more toys. But that'd be unnecessary. The toys will sell no matter what. And the toys will be in younger versions of Han and, assuming they're in there, Chewbacca and Colt 45 Lando.

What the hell would I do without you dude??? WOW!

So I'm too lazy to read your review and scroll back to find it.

WHAT DID YOU THINK???

Listenig to the soundtrack now! I FOUND A 12 INCH SHORETROOPER TODAY! BOOM! THE FORCE IS WITH ME!

• Like 1

I saw Don Rickles there.

EPIC!

LIKE ROGUE ONE!!!!

http://en.m.wikipedi...lden_Ehrenreich

What the hell would I do without you dude??? WOW!

So I'm too lazy to read your review and scroll back to find it.

WHAT DID YOU THINK???

Listenig to the soundtrack now! I FOUND A 12 INCH SHORETROOPER TODAY! BOOM! THE FORCE IS WITH ME!

Go back and read my thoughts on Rogue One you lazy bastard. I didn't type just to hear myself type. :P

What is the film in 2020 about? Sounds like ROGUE TWO

Don't know. But why would it be Rogue 2? [No Rogue 1 spoilers for those who haven't seen it.]

A Boba Fett prequel sounds much more likely than a Rogue 2 movie. But don't get all erectile on us. I just typed "Boba Fett" as an example.

As long as George Lucas isn't involved, the greater chances of it not being shit.

• Like 1

Don't know. But why would it be Rogue 2? [No Rogue 1 spoilers for those who haven't seen it.]

A Boba Fett prequel sounds much more likely than a Rogue 2 movie. But don't get all erectile on us. I just typed "Boba Fett" as an example.

As long as George Lucas isn't involved, the greater chances of it not being shit.

I thought Disney was going to fukk it all up. WOW! DISNEY IS A HIT SO FAR!

Although as a Star Whores Toy Collector, the figures quality is SHITTE!

• Like 1

So I finally saw this one yesterday. I had tickets to the early premiere but I let my staff have them for various reasons. Anyway, I loved it and I'm confident that anyone old enough to have seen Episode IV when it first came out will also really like this movie.

And it explains the age old question of how they built the Death Star with such a stupid flaw that allowed it be blown up by one X-wing fighter.

Edited by workingcinderellaman

They already made Rogue 2.

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/Star-Wars-New-Hope-IV-Poster_c217085b.jpeg?region=49%2C43%2C580%2C914&width=480

I remember looking at this when I was a kid. Funny how they make the characters look. Lea is pretty sexy and Luke is ripped.

Edited by workingcinderellaman
  • Like 2

So I finally saw this one yesterday. I had tickets to the early premiere but I let my staff have them for various reasons. Anyway, I loved it and I'm confident that anyone old enough to have seen Episode IV when it first came out will also really like this movie.

And it explains the age old question of how they built the Death Star with such a stupid flaw that allowed it be blown up by one X-wing fighter.

Yeah, I really loved that bit. I also liked how they didn't harp on it too long

If it weren't for the long history I have with episode IV [i was 4 turning 5 when it came out and it's the first movie I recall seeing in the cinema], Rogue One would probably be my #2 behind Empire.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze