Help Me ID This Shirt

dpgreek

I'm having to take a really good squint at it, but I'm sure it's the date you've mentioned.

At this point I would bet that it says “ENERGIZED ROCK”. I know that I’ve seen a clear version of this picture before but I just couldn’t remember what it said. “ENERGIZED ROCK” rang a huge bell for me.

I've always said caress of steel is the perfect description of Rush's music, but energized rock isn't bad either.

Here it is captured slightly earlier in the video. Better focus, I think...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/4a401468-14c6-451e-92c6-6f2b9e017646_zpsfzew6j1s.jpg

A black and white of this photo is on page 11 of Visions (which used archive photos from the Geddy Lee family) and the caption says it's from the "first tour."

Energized Rock was a slogan they used back then for the band so that makes sense to me.

The only times I've ever seen this photo is in Visions and in the doc.

Was thinking this photo was in Visions. Was going to look it up myself but I see that you have confirmed that. Thanks.

I've wondered this too and came to the conclusion that Geddy found a shirt somewhere that happened to say "Rush" on it.. it's a bit of a common word/ company name