I Thought I Was Going To Die Instantly Last Night While Listening To "Anthem" In My Buddy's New Porsche Carrera! The Black Barchetta Of Death? NOPE!

RUSHHEAD666

Hey gang!

What is RACE CAR backwards?

It's similar to TACO CAT, right?

Be careful out there, Earl. Just because other people are stupid enough to get into the driver's seat after a few drinks doesn't mean you have to join them. I know you know this, but also know that we want to to stay around. TRF needs its entertainment! ;)

• Like 1

Hey gang!

Be careful out there, Earl. Just because other people are stupid enough to get into the driver's seat after a few drinks doesn't mean you have to join them. I know you know this, but also know that we want to to stay around. TRF needs its entertainment! ;)

3000% agreed.

One of my favourite members, we need him alive!

I did things like this many times (and many more times, I was the driver- and was much more than tipsy). To say that I am eternally grateful to have lived through that time of my life is a gross understatement. So I'd never chastise Earl for getting in that car- if I did, I would be passing judgment on what used to be me. And as I said, I used to be much worse.

And I know that's not what this thread was supposed to be about...but since everybody else is chiming in about it, I thought I would, too.

Grateful to be sitting here alive and well in 2016, and able to reflect on all that Rush has given us. :)

• Like 2

I did things like this many times (and many more times, I was the driver- and was much more than tipsy). To say that I am eternally grateful to have lived through that time of my life is a gross understatement. So I'd never chastise Earl for getting in that car- if I did, I would be passing judgment on what used to be me. And as I said, I used to be much worse.

And I know that's not what this thread was supposed to be about...but since everybody else is chiming in about it, I thought I would, too.

Grateful to be sitting here alive and well in 2016, and able to reflect on all that Rush has given us. :)

Agreed. And as long as it is not a frequent thing he does, it makes for fun stories!

When I was a teenager (read: young, naive, and feeling immortal) I used to drive drunk all the time. I think I was a pretty good driver, even when intoxicated, but I would NEVER do that now. And now that I know better I would chastise friends if I found out they were driving after too many. Staying safe is more important than politeness. Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 2

There is no way around this - driving with impaired is no just f***ing stupid, it is reckless and completely disrespectful to human life ..

Ask Neil Peart's wife what a car accident can do to someone who has lost a loved one ... Oh yeah, that's right - by all accounts, including Neil himself, she died of a broken heart

Earl, we all know you to be a loving Dad, and you'll always be their for your daughter ( I'm not sure if you have more ? ) .. And let's keep it that way

• Like 1

There is no way around this - driving with impaired is no just f***ing stupid, it is reckless and completely disrespectful to human life ..

Ask Neil Peart's wife what a car accident can do to someone who has lost a loved one ... Oh yeah, that's right - by all accounts, including Neil himself, she died of a broken heart

Earl, we all know you to be a loving Dad, and you'll always be their for your daughter ( I'm not sure if you have more ? ) .. And let's keep it that way

Thanks for caring everyone. It's all good. I'm ok. I know, I have two daughters Lucas. 18 and 15. As Neil would say they are "precious cargo." I know how it goes.

My life is good despite all the crap that I have endured.

I am sure every human on this board has their own shit. I just choose to type about it because it makes me feel better. Perhaps it's selfish but what else is new about me right?

Fuckk it.

I am blessed. I know it.

I will "Roll The Bones."

Ok that was lame.

I will just "Let it Roll" and "Let It Go!"

Signed,

UFO and DEF LEPPARD

• Like 2

Hey gang!

Hahaha! TACO CAT! Funny Gina! ANIG!!

LOL!

RUSH! HSUR!!!!

EARL!

LRAE!!!!

GOD!!!!!!!!

DOG!!!!!!

Then you woke up!!!!! sounds like bs to me

Really? Maybe? But why?

Drunk fools driving recklessly in convertibles while listening to their favorite band sounds as stupid as it does cliche. Dip twenty years into my past, substitute the Porsche with a Trans Am, and you'll see that I was in Earl's place. Same band different tune. And on cassette.

I think there are plenty of us here that have been in this spot. The difference is that it's deep in our past. Sorry Earl.

• Like 1

Really? Maybe? But why?

Drunk fools driving recklessly in convertibles while listening to their favorite band sounds as stupid as it does cliche. Dip twenty years into my past, substitute the Porsche with a Trans Am, and you'll see that I was in Earl's place. Same band different tune. And on cassette.

I think there are plenty of us here that have been in this spot. The difference is that it's deep in our past. Sorry Earl.

Mine was in a 68 Camaro RS/SS 396 with a license plate that said RUSH X1.

• Like 1

Really? Maybe? But why?

JB, what year Trans Am did you have ?

Really? Maybe? But why?

Do you still have the Camaro ?!?!?!

That is a great car

Really? Maybe? But why?

JB, what year Trans Am did you have ?

Not mine so don't remember. I was the passenger like Earl. As it was the early 90s, I imagine the car was new or just a couple of years older.

Really? Maybe? But why?

Do you still have the Camaro ?!?!?!

That is a great car

Sadly, no. As much as I loved that car, it was nice to move on to a newer car that didn't always require repairs.

:(

http://s29.postimg.org/bxcsnjb7b/tc6.jpg

Yum! I still think the 67-69 Camaros are so sexy. (This one has a much better paint job than mine did.)

These cars are so rare now. I bet one in good shape would cost a fortune.

• Like 1

Yum! I still think the 67-69 Camaros are so sexy. (This one has a much better paint job than mine did.)

Holy cow! Look at these prices! http://classiccars.com/listings/find/1968/chevrolet/camaro-rs-ss

• Like 1

Hahaha! Yep! I made it all up! Nothing like lying on a public forum that I have been on for almost ten years!

I'm just glad I didn't wake up in a hospital room with every bone shattered in my body!

Or in your case, "The Body Electric." A big fuckinng lie on the internet to gain attention.

I don't need to lie to get attention. I'm fuckking on fire without that BS.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Really? Maybe? But why?

It's ok. Perhaps I should have driven home. I calculate my beer intake when I go out. I had five beers in five hours. I'm 6'1'' 180 pounds. Probably pushing but I felt fine. Walnut Creek cops are everywhere man. Like orcas in the midnight icy ocean.

It is what it is. Live and learn, "Crash N Burn"

Pat Travers

• Like 1

Holy cow! Look at these prices! http://classiccars.c...et/camaro-rs-ss

Just a drop in the bucket.

Really? Maybe? But why?

It's ok. Perhaps I should have driven home. I calculate my beer intake when I go out. I had five beers in five hours. I'm 6'1'' 180 pounds. Probably pushing but I felt fine. Walnut Creek cops are everywhere man. Like orcas in the midnight icy ocean.

It is what it is. Live and learn, "Crash N Burn"

Pat Travers

Pat is the man!, I have everything that bad boy ever recorded.

I'm just going to drop this here. Anyone trying to calculate their BAC manually to determine if it's ok to drive just doesn't understand what's happening. Some idiot pulls out in front of you, you can't stop or swerve and you t-bone them. 2 people die. You blow .07. Do you think you're going home or going to prison in this scenario? Wake up people.
  • Like 1