Things in Rush songs it took you a long time to notice

toymaker

I have been listening to :rush: as my favorite band for some 36 odd years now. It still seems I find new and undescoverd items akin to easter eggs in all the material I listen too. Some times it is a subtle chord pattern or underlying inuendo, guitar riff, bass line or synth effect. There will be times the lyrical tonality and delivery changes my interpretation from how it was to how it is. Sometimes it is as simple as what mood I am in when listing to a certain song that reflects how I hear and digest the material or what chord it strikes in my soul that relates to what is going on in my life at the time. Their music is like a fine tapistry so keenly crafted, patterns of bright flashes and soft hues layered with richness and depth. This is why :rush: will always be my favorite band.

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Rock On!!

I believe that what I'm feeling changes how the world appears.

• Like 1

This may seem strange, but I am a music guy. I have listened to many Rush songs for years without putting the lyrics together, even though I sing along with them, because the music is just so damn good!

I can relate to this. Its all about the music. I typically never pay attention to what message the lyrics are conveying.

• Like 1