Fancy Dancer and Garden Road

YYZumbi

Im listening to ABC 1974 right now, and this makes me wonder.....

Why o why did they not release Fancy Dancer and Garden Road on a studio album? Those two songs would be perfect on their debut album!

They are awesome!

• Like 1

Maybe they didn't use them for the same possible reason they didn't use "Can't Fight It" : They weren't satisfied with it. Maybe they thought those three early songs were too raw and unrealized for the album.

This sounds like a question that might be answered on one of those call-in radio shows with special in studio guests Geddy and/or Alex.

• Like 1

Why o why did they not release Fancy Dancer and Garden Road on a studio album? Those two songs would be perfect on their debut album!

They are awesome!

Garden Road should have bumped Take A Friend on the debut. Fancy Dancer is a completely unremarkable song.

• Like 2

I like Garden Road. Fancy Dancer is interesting. Can't Fight It is interesting if only for the fact that it allows a peak into what the album might have sounded like lyrically had Rutsey not trashed his own lyrics.

BTW - long time lurker (many years) - finally signed up for an account.

• Like 4

I like Garden Road. Fancy Dancer is interesting. Can't Fight It is interesting if only for the fact that it allows a peak into what the album might have sounded like lyrically had Rutsey not trashed his own lyrics.

Welcome Wil1972!

To me, Can't Fight It is only interesting because it's bare bones prehistoric Rush. It would've easily been the worst song on the debut had it made it there.

They're ok. Nothing mind blowing

Duff my man you might want to lay off the Goat milk for awhile because the guitar solo on Garden Road Rocks!! It gives you a 90 second glimpse of what is to come for the next 40 years. I think in 1974 the guitar player in the band Rush has a little potential. I could be talking out of the side of my a** but we will have to wait and see!
  • Like 1

Garden Road is a Top 10 Rush song in my book, and should have been recorded .. My thought is that it should have been on Caress Of Steel, as it would have been Neil on drums, and replaced I Think I'm Going Bald ...

Seriously, with side one being Bastille Day, Garden Road, Lakeside Park and The Necromancer, that would have been the greatest side of any Rush album ever ..

Why they chose not to record it is a crime, and something I hold Terry Brown accountable for ..

Fancy Dancer is a song I like because it is when Alex was inspired and on fire

Welcome to the forum Wil1972

Glad you made the transformation from lurker to poster !

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

For those who like the song ( and even for those who don't ), this cover by the band Mos Generator is excellent

Sadly, the lone studio version of Garden Road

If you can't get into this, perhaps you need to get out of the chat rooms and into some more strip clubs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNOU3jJfqZ8

This song (the Rush version) makes me want to cruise around with this guy...[edited to add]...the song would still be playing as we strolled (in slow motion) into the aforementioned strip bar.

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/photo_galleries/regular_galleries/1809-stars-big-breaks/photos/1345598589_1-starsbigbreaks-640.jpg

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

They are awesome!

Garden Road should have bumped Take A Friend on the debut. Fancy Dancer is a completely unremarkable song.

I was about to say the same thing.

• Like 1

For those who like the song ( and even for those who don't ), this cover by the band Mos Generator is excellent

If you can't get into this, perhaps you need to get out of the chat rooms and into some more strip clubs

This song (the Rush version) makes me want to cruise around with this guy...[edited to add]...the song would still be playing as we strolled (in slow motion) into the aforementioned strip bar.

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/photo_galleries/regular_galleries/1809-stars-big-breaks/photos/1345598589_1-starsbigbreaks-640.jpg

lol

great movie

Damn that singer..... so bad....