The Official 2016 Chicago Cubs thread...

laughedatbytime

I don't care that it's in StL, I always wanted to go a Cubs-Cards game. I went to a Cubs-Pirates game at Wrigley in '10 but we all know how 2010 went. Andrew Cashner was on the mound :wacko:

If I was to buy a jersey, it would probably be Jake or Schwarbs.

I love a good defensive player so I would probably get a Russell or Heyward jersey.

Get #22 without a name, it could work for both....

I don't care that it's in StL, I always wanted to go a Cubs-Cards game. I went to a Cubs-Pirates game at Wrigley in '10 but we all know how 2010 went. Andrew Cashner was on the mound :wacko:

I love a good defensive player so I would probably get a Russell or Heyward jersey.

I think Russel is going to have a big year.

Defensively, sure. His bat is the only thing that remains in question. He's shown he has some power but he'll need to up his plate discipline or he won't be much better than Baez.

Pirates looking competitive again but the injury to Cole during ST is pretty concerning.

Defensively, sure. His bat is the only thing that remains in question. He's shown he has some power but he'll need to up his plate discipline or he won't be much better than Baez.

Pirates looking competitive again but the injury to Cole during ST is pretty concerning.

He pitched yesterday for first time...I think he will be fine. Liriano is the bigger concern. He doesnt have an issues at the moment, but he is extremely injury prone.

Iike our rotation at the moment- Cole, Liriano, Neise is a good one, two three. Vogelsong is a good innings eater. We will bring Glasnow up probably in May/June. Hes a high impact call up, will probably be on par with Liriano from the minute he plays

Kyle Hendricks has been doing really well in ST so far.

It should be the same rotation as last year except Lackey instead of Haren.

Hammel, huh?

Or bullpen days every fifth...

Hammel, huh?

If the last couple years have been any indication, it'll be good Hammel until All-Stars, then Matt Garza-inspired Hammel post All-Star :scared:

Hammel, huh?

If the last couple years have been any indication, it'll be good Hammel until All-Stars, then Matt Garza-inspired Hammel post All-Star :scared:

Can you throw 88?

• Like 1

Jon Lester hit a home run today :laughing guy:

Video here...

https://static.xx.fbc...-PAXP-deijE.gif

Edited by laughedatbytime

A most excellent night of fun. Had an Opening Day party with a bunch of friends, many of which are Cubs fans with a few Twins and Cardinals fans, too.

A shutout against the Angels, 7 innings from Arrieta.

Mike Trout doesn't get a single hit.

Montero goes yard for the first HR of the season.

Fowler goes 3-4 at leadoff and makes 'em pay every time.

We got 9 f***ing runs.

The Cardinals are 0-1.

Yeah, I'd say Opening Day 2016 was a smashing success.

Edited by BowlCity

And you got a shoutout last night (well, you and everyone watching in Ames)...

C'mon, Lackey...

Not an impressive first inning. Segura couldn't hit the ball out of the infield last year.

Just a sprain, they say...hopefully it's not any worse :(

This is some sloppy baseball tonight. Lackey and De La Rosa are both pitching horribly.

Russell could really break out this year.

LF will be hard to fill...Schwarber's offense was awesome but his defense was pretty rough. Bryant can do it at the cost of having La Stella at 3B...Soler is terrible in left.

LF will be hard to fill...Schwarber's offense was awesome but his defense was pretty rough. Bryant can do it at the cost of having La Stella at 3B...Soler is terrible in left.

You think Soler would be worse than Schwarber out there?

Horrible break. I was looking for 30 and 100 from him with about a .360 OBP. I was shocked when I heard, the last thing I heard before that was that it was a sprain.

Horrible break. I was looking for 30 and 100 from him with about a .360 OBP. I was shocked when I heard, the last thing I heard before that was that it was a sprain.

Soler has the defensive skills to hold right (he's not Heyward obviously, but he was fine before), but he hasn't looked very good in left. I suppose I haven't really compared him to Schwarber.

I suppose the bright side is that Javy's almost off the DL and Soler can still hit.

Soler has the defensive skills to hold right (he's not Heyward obviously, but he was fine before), but he hasn't looked very good in left. I suppose I haven't really compared him to Schwarber.

I suppose the bright side is that Javy's almost off the DL and Soler can still hit.

It's not something we need by any stretch. Do you think Javy (who apparently had another setback yesterday or the day before) will man second with Zobrist in left?