I Am Only Two Songs In On The R40 Blu-Ray And I Have "Tears" In My Eyes! I Am Very Concerned About Neil's Heath!

RUSHHEAD666

would like to hear at least a rumour about new material on way though. just a rumour. thats all i need.

After the holidays Geddy and Alex will be working in the home studios to work on some song ideas. Once they have a handful of them they will approach Neil to see if he's ready to work out the drum parts.

• Like 1

I can understand why Neil wants to retire, I know a few here consider him to be a 'selfish prick' for it, but honestly he's been at it for 40 years, he's got arthritis, he's got a family, and the man is just tired. I say good for him for retiring.

the only selfish pricks are those who begrudge a man a retirement we all deserve. Especially a guy who is getting a second chance at life with a new family.
  • Like 1

I can understand why Neil wants to retire, I know a few here consider him to be a 'selfish prick' for it, but honestly he's been at it for 40 years, he's got arthritis, he's got a family, and the man is just tired. I say good for him for retiring.

Yes. Agreed and I wish him a long & happy retirement. Hopefully he can write more. I, for one, will hand over more of my hard earned $ to purchase more of his books. Perhaps more of his poetry can be turned into songs by others. That way we can at least continue to receive and enjoy more songs from him - even if their is no more Rush.

the only selfish pricks are those who begrudge a man a retirement we all deserve. Especially a guy who is getting a second chance at life with a new family.

AMEN!!

You said it all!!! Neil is my mentor. He is not an idol or a God. He is actually a wonderful man and I say this after meeting him back accident by his bus and then him instantly getting back on the bus and shutting the door. If he knew I was a drummer because of his influence I am sure he would have talked to me. Too bad humans don't truly have mental telepathy.

Anyway I will always love Neil and I am proud to say I saw the band 60 times since 1984. Neil deserves to retire. Again, to be a broken record, I wrote this thread out of concern for him. I was trying to rip him for his belly fat. I had tears in my eyes for Christ's sake. Anyway Neil did get a second change and should enjoy every second he has with his family.

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE NEIL UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!!

• Like 1

Guys, the boys sound great on this bluray so far. Geddy and Alex look great.

Now don't get me wrong, Neil sounds great on the kit but watching him up close seriously concerns me.

I can't believe the weight he has put on.

I am not here to rip Neil but I am sad.

He's my MAN damnit and I am very worried.

I can't believe this reality.

I can truly see how Neil is done.

He fukking won't quit cigarettes either I bet.

I am in fear of Neil's heath! This is me trying to be serious now.

DIET NEIL! STOP SMOKING!!!! At least do it for Olivia and your beautiful wife you fool!

I got the regular DVD about a week ago and have watched it a couple of times since. Many of Earls comments also jumped right into my head.

My first reaction as I watched the DVD was "Man, Neil has gotten very, very overweight. No, he is just plan fat. Big time fat. What a gut he has developed!!! This is really bad. Man, I am worried about his health" Totally with you Earl!!!

Not trying to hammer Neil in any way - just plain concerned for him. Of course I should not talk to much, I put on 5 pounds over the last year and my blood preasure is starting to get borderline high. I really need to exercise more myself.

Still, I was shocked at how much weight he has put on.

Other things I noticed with this DVD include:

1. Geddy's vocal are all over the place. Sometime great, sometimes not so great. He gets better as the show goes on. But that has been the case over the last several tours.

2. Geddy just kills it with the base. This show, more than perhaps any of their DVD's, really shows how great a base player Geddy is.

3. Far to many broad views of the crowd. Esp. during the first set. I don't normally mind those - esp. if a show is general admission. But this one was not. So don't give me so many.

4. I sort of also felt their were a lot less shots of Neil's drumming than on the other DVD's.

5. No complaint that Neil's drum solo was really re-worked and most of the jazz music taken out.

6. Ben Mink was great. Losing it - wow!!

7. Set list was wonderful. This is what R30 could / should have been. Note: I did not see any of the shows on this tour - dang. First tour since TFE that I have missed (which I only missed because I had the flu). Put another way, first tour I have really missed since RTB.

8. On the CD you can hear the crowd much more than on the DVD. I did not expect that. Wish the DVD had the crowd sound in it as well.

9. Loved all the folks from different countries that were at the show - great shots of the Finish flag for example.

Overall its a very good DVD. Liked the slow pace at which the camera shots moved around - much better than, for example, some of the horrible Iron Maiden DVD's. My head is left spinning watching those shows - can't fully enjoy the crowed shots or the shots of the band.

Still, I agree with Earl. Neil's weight is not my problem - got my own weight to be worried about. But I a left worrying for the guy. He has put on a lot of weight.

• Like 4

Guys, the boys sound great on this bluray so far. Geddy and Alex look great.

Now don't get me wrong, Neil sounds great on the kit but watching him up close seriously concerns me.

I can't believe the weight he has put on.

I am not here to rip Neil but I am sad.

He's my MAN damnit and I am very worried.

I can't believe this reality.

I can truly see how Neil is done.

He fukking won't quit cigarettes either I bet.

I am in fear of Neil's heath! This is me trying to be serious now.

DIET NEIL! STOP SMOKING!!!! At least do it for Olivia and your beautiful wife you fool!

I got the regular DVD about a week ago and have watched it a couple of times since. Many of Earls comments also jumped right into my head.

My first reaction as I watched the DVD was "Man, Neil has gotten very, very overweight. No, he is just plan fat. Big time fat. What a gut he has developed!!! This is really bad. Man, I am worried about his health" Totally with you Earl!!!

Not trying to hammer Neil in any way - just plain concerned for him. Of course I should not talk to much, I put on 5 pounds over the last year and my blood preasure is starting to get borderline high. I really need to exercise more myself.

Still, I was shocked at how much weight he has put on.

Other things I noticed with this DVD include:

1. Geddy's vocal are all over the place. Sometime great, sometimes not so great. He gets better as the show goes on. But that has been the case over the last several tours.

2. Geddy just kills it with the base. This show, more than perhaps any of their DVD's, really shows how great a base player Geddy is.

3. Far to many broad views of the crowd. Esp. during the first set. I don't normally mind those - esp. if a show is general admission. But this one was not. So don't give me so many.

4. I sort of also felt their were a lot less shots of Neil's drumming than on the other DVD's.

5. No complaint that Neil's drum solo was really re-worked and most of the jazz music taken out.

6. Ben Mink was great. Losing it - wow!!

7. Set list was wonderful. This is what R30 could / should have been. Note: I did not see any of the shows on this tour - dang. First tour since TFE that I have missed (which I only missed because I had the flu). Put another way, first tour I have really missed since RTB.

8. On the CD you can hear the crowd much more than on the DVD. I did not expect that. Wish the DVD had the crowd sound in it as well.

9. Loved all the folks from different countries that were at the show - great shots of the Finish flag for example.

Overall its a very good DVD. Liked the slow pace at which the camera shots moved around - much better than, for example, some of the horrible Iron Maiden DVD's. My head is left spinning watching those shows - can't fully enjoy the crowed shots or the shots of the band.

Still, I agree with Earl. Neil's weight is not my problem - got my own weight to be worried about. But I a left worrying for the guy. He has put on a lot of weight.

Hey Accountant!!!

This is one of the best posts I've ever read on here!

You knocked it out of the park!!

I agree with everything!!!

You will be fine!!

I wish you good health too!!

Playing to Rush albums on the drums makes me happy and healthy!! :)

I agree with TheAccountant comments. Also,, Geddy looks a bit sad to me. (some emotion while talking to audience is what I heard). Neil has put on the weight, Happens as we age and much tougher to shed. He's still not in Greg Lake territory, however, haha. It's a great DVD and if it's the last tour for the boys, this was a good way to end it.