Up and Coming Artists

Moonraker

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 8 2006, 07:48 AM)
Wolfmother

Australian rockers with a heavy Sabbath influence, but incorporating elements of prog. With songs like "White Unicorn", "Minds Eye" and "Dimension", how could you go wrong.

They sound very interesting, and are playing T In The Park and Oxegen over the summer.

Took the words out of my mouth. I've had the CD in my car for over 2 weeks and it hasn't left yet! A new band I actually like, playing some great stuff. Missed them in Cleveland last week unfortunately. Hopefully they'll come around again soon.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Mental Vortex @ Apr 15 2006, 06:45 AM)
Wolfmother

Australian rockers with a heavy Sabbath influence, but incorporating elements of prog. With songs like "White Unicorn", "Minds Eye" and "Dimension", how could you go wrong.

They sound very interesting, and are playing T In The Park and Oxegen over the summer.

Took the words out of my mouth. I've had the CD in my car for over 2 weeks and it hasn't left yet! A new band I actually like, playing some great stuff. Missed them in Cleveland last week unfortunately. Hopefully they'll come around again soon.

Same here. I'm just listening to them now and they're really kick-ass!!

1022.gif 1022.gif How many albums do they have out?? 1022.gif 1022.gif

EDIT: If you ask me, the lead singer kind of sounds like a young Robert Plant!

The Chalets

A Dublin based band with two male and two female vocalists. Very snappy harmonies, and really bouncy pop/punk, with the emphasis on the pop.

Many songs take the familiar "Boy meets girl, boy attempts to seduce girl, girl tells boy to f**k off" theme. Their album 'Take Off' is out on Setanta Records, and available on e-music for any members there.

Four full songs on their Myspace Site

Wolfmother

I just heard Dimension for the first time the other day and really liked it. After just now checking out the other three songs on myspace I'd say they sound pretty good. cool.gif

I havent posted here enough.

Anyway, I've seen this one San Francisco band, Loop!Station a couple times now and they are amazing. Think a combination of classical music and jazz with a melody to it, thats what their sound is. Its just a two piece act, both classically trained in music, a guy on cello and female singer with the most phenominal singing voice I have ever heard. She would put any American Idol singer to shame.

Anyway though if anyone is interested, I have 2 cds from them and can send you some material.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 12 2006, 08:09 PM)
I havent posted here enough.

Anyway, I've seen this one San Francisco band, Loop!Station a couple times now and they are amazing. Think a combination of classical music and jazz with a melody to it, thats what their sound is. Its just a two piece act, both classically trained in music, a guy on cello and female singer with the most phenominal singing voice I have ever heard. She would put any American Idol singer to shame.

Anyway though if anyone is interested, I have 2 cds from them and can send you some material.

I checked out their site, and I love the sound of them!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 8 2006, 08:48 AM)
Wolfmother

I've been listening to them as well...not too bad biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Gangster of Boats @ May 29 2006, 10:29 PM)
I saw this band a few weeks ago

HURT, I'm very impressed with this bunch; anybody using an electric violin like the frontman did gets bonus points.

HURT

There is one video for the song "Rapture" and more stuff.

If you like electric violins on stage, you should check out The Lovemakers. The song that Lisa Light uses a violin on isnt on that page, but she does a pretty nice bit with it during the song "Times Of Romance".

Archived