Happy 41st Birthday The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Bigbobby10

Best double studio album by a prog rock band, imho.

Absolutely.

Beats Yes' Tales from Topographic Oceans into second place.

In the Cage,Carpet Crawlers, Broadway Melody of 74, The Chamber of 32 Doors,Back in N.Y.C,The Lamia etc-I Could Go On And On.

OUTSTANDING ALBUM!

• Like 1

Saw Genesis perform Lamb in December 1974 at the Capitol Theatre in Passaic NJ. Gabriel was amazing and the band fantastic. Speaking of trippy... yup.

Wow. One of my greatest musical regrets is never having seen genesis live. Just never worked out. D'oh!

Awesome you caught that show!!

I think my fave live genesis is seconds out.

Saw Genesis perform Lamb in December 1974 at the Capitol Theatre in Passaic NJ. Gabriel was amazing and the band fantastic. Speaking of trippy... yup.

Wow. One of my greatest musical regrets is never having seen genesis live. Just never worked out. D'oh!

I never saw them live either and have always regretted it. One of my favorite bands ever.

Why isn't this album on iTunes??????????

Second time I have asked this.

Makes no sense!

They tried, but Apple, despite it's gargantuan claws & behemothic girth, could not handle is sheer AWESOMENESS. True story.

Holy Cow! That's LAME! I was at The Cult a few days ago. The band was tight but Ian was an idiot. Drunk and stoned immaculate. He was ripping on Dot Commers and and called Apple, "APPLE CORPSE." Not Apple Corp. The guy was a buffoon. Ripping on tech jobs and wanting the Sixties to return so San Francisco can rise again with Peace and Hippie Power. I walked out during "She Sells" I had enough. Every time Ian would say "Hey not ranting tonight, let's get right into the music" the guy would start going off. Billy Duffy (who is an American by the way) was not too happy. Ian was Jim Morrison for the night. Anyway, I guess I will be a hypocrite! APPLE SUCKS! iTunes is a total joke! Do you know that if I delete an album off of my iPhone and I can't restore it back on my phone even though I paid ten bucks for the album. It's not in my Cloud either!!! Maybe it's me! But it's very frustrating. For instance. I have every Rush album on my iPhone but a accidentally deleted Exit Stage Left and I can't put it back on my phone! If I go to the Music Store App and punch in Exit Stage Left it says that I already purchased it. But I can't listen to it! WTF!!!! RANT OVER!

I never saw them live either and have always regretted it. One of my favorite bands ever.

closest we'll get now is the musical box or steve hackett's genesis revisited thing