Atlantic Era Vinyls

danielmclark

I love that the Atlantic era is finally getting the full vinyl treatment, and today I received my shipment of Presto and RTB from Backstage Club. The records look great, but they're different from the Mercury era in one little, stupid way that nags at my very slight OCD. They didn't come with the big square stickers with the album art the way the previous records did. I was hoping for a set!

Have any of you that ordered from Amazon received yours yet? Because I'm wondering if it's a matter of the publisher not including the stickers, or if it's because it came through Backstage that I didn't get them. Surely the records all come from the same source, though... right?

Oh man! I was hoping for that too. Some of mine arrived at my house this weekend but I am on the road ATM so I haven't seen them. Oh well, at least my vinyl collection will be complete when they all start rolling in.

I love that the Atlantic era is finally getting the full vinyl treatment, and today I received my shipment of Presto and RTB from Backstage Club. The records look great, but they're different from the Mercury era in one little, stupid way that nags at my very slight OCD. They didn't come with the big square stickers with the album art the way the previous records did. I was hoping for a set!

Have any of you that ordered from Amazon received yours yet? Because I'm wondering if it's a matter of the publisher not including the stickers, or if it's because it came through Backstage that I didn't get them. Surely the records all come from the same source, though... right?

I noticed that also and they are out of order

You have OCD? I have CDO. It's essentially the same thing, except in Alphabetical Order...AS IT SHOULD BE :cool: .

This has probably been posted elsewhere, but please report back if you find these new vinyls sound exceptionally different (better) than the original releases. I have a pre-amp coming this week and will have my old turntable hooked up to my new HT receiver, so will be spinning the my old LPS soon enough. I have all the original releases, so will be wondering about these new ones. Thanks!

Just got Test for Echo today. Very disappointing... the mix is compressed, muddled and flat. Considering the quality of the pressing and the cost it's rather sad they didn't do a decent vinyl master. The original CD and the recent CD remaster both sound better :(

smegger, I also read on another forum it has pops and clicks too...and they changed limbo by taking out the sound effects. so to me. that's not original

Vinyl is supposed to have pops and clicks. It's a characteristic. It's kind of rare to find one that doesn't, but they do exist.