Rush Transcriptions

edhunter

Hey folks. Not a regular here. I'm one of the final few at CP. Just wanted to share something before these sites are all gone. This is a collection of Rush bass transcriptions I've done over the years. I need to scan the most recent ones in from SnA and CA. They're in standard notation, and if anyone is really interested, let me know. There's a type of shorthand I developed when doing these. When I first started them in '91, I never imagined that they'd be shared like this. But they're here for anyone who'd like them. Enjoy!

http://email.photobucket.com/wf/click?upn=5GL2awLZDqSOiR9AAMJZiBqTutFaoFQXIB-2BPjPxV3V8cmiU7ZV6svxCIIk927lrbcBoJUCqIE-2BfGT7H8g7qK9feFGz3eW235LW-2Fs1VqxQYUwCMv9iptRMbVYLsGfjGUNuvnA-2FVt9cHrPYjiduntTiA-3D-3D_yvBkuk0fYyRmrNYfZvwL0W1KGNI3O-2FNoILrmPtTEsIGHzUdqhVvXMV9VuBHNwi1tVFPXgalJmOq4U7nK4swe9gJ6lCaaGQRZs0I4tIdGIHhjtPN1E8HDgPC-2FJhEYDsEE2K-2Bf3N3osROQjYsyAMyx6R2NdnMRdWsUzwllVg2N-2BRV1BjoeAfB1E8-2FrIa3BhngAyVDnQzicJPSinar-2BkXeTfcdXffphe6iWiE3jn7hVXbHfzmoLyeHBTBuyh-2FDwKZJ-2F

• Like 2

Thanks for the post...is the Counterparts forum going away? I've never joined there...but we're still going strong over here, as far as I know.

You are welcome to join in the discussions here whenever, of course!

Thanks for the post...is the Counterparts forum going away? I've never joined there...but we're still going strong over here, as far as I know.

CP is dwindling. I tried this place about 8-10 years ago. I don't remember the particular mod, but they were awfully thin-skinned. He suspended me for a week because I asked if he was from San Francisco.

CP is dwindling. I tried this place about 8-10 years ago. I don't remember the particular mod, but they were awfully thin-skinned. He suspended me for a week because I asked if he was from San Francisco.

They are more thick skinned nowadays but it's not a virtual free for all like CP.

I give CP a year at most. FJ is getting grumpier and grumpier. The whole geddysmoog shitfest pissed off a lot of people, some of whom haven't come back. Add that to the folks who never came back after the last crash and it's definitely twilight over there.

EH, welcome back

I'm not a bass player, but I can appreciate all the time you must have put into those transcripts . .

On the whole, this is a great forum ( .. and that coming from someone who has a minimal interest in online social interaction )

Besides, we can never have enough Maiden fans here ;)

In the beginning, a 5-minute song would take about 3 hours to transcribe. Eventually I developed a shorthand method to save the time of rewriting 16 or 32 bars of script just because Geddy played a note or 2 differently from verse to verse. I distinctly remember Hemispheres taking alllllll dayyyyyy. Most of these were done using cassettes as the source material.
  • Like 2

In the beginning, a 5-minute song would take about 3 hours to transcribe. Eventually I developed a shorthand method to save the time of rewriting 16 or 32 bars of script just because Geddy played a note or 2 differently from verse to verse. I distinctly remember Hemispheres taking alllllll dayyyyyy. Most of these were done using cassettes as the source material.

You're amazing. That's much better than I could do!

I was fresh out of college in '91 with a Music Ed degree. I had to do something with it.

My musical training was limited to high school band. I would like to learn more music theory though.

Looks like a labor of love for sure. What really hit home was "before these sites are all gone." I'm not too naive to think that is not possible or likely but it is a shame to think about. As far as CP I don't think I was able to ever sign back in after the really big crash a few years back.