Question about Circumstances and The Trees

Eel Yddeg

I recently watched the music videos for "Circumstances" and "The Trees", and i noticed that the vocal parts sound different from the studio versions. Why is that? Are they alternate takes? A live version?

3 guys in funny clothes walk into a room and absolutely nail a complicated song live in one take.. then leave. Love it!

That's RUSH baby!

• Like 3

3 guys in funny clothes walk into a room and absolutely nail a complicated song live in one take.. then leave. Love it!

That's RUSH baby!

:laughing guy: So true! Gotta love Rush for that.

Edited by AnEggplant
  • Like 1

The La Villa Strangiato video is the same way

I wish the camera showed Alex better at the beginning of that one when he's doing that riff and hitting notes with his feet at the same time! Then I think he starts saying something to someone off camera.. and I wish they showed Neil more but that's always the problem with older videos.

• Like 1

Because at the time, music videos were secondary to the recording of a live performance itself?

as it should be. I hate it when I hear a cool song for the first time while at the same time seeing its crappy video. It's like it's forever marred by the association. Edited by gypsy muse

That's RUSH baby!

:laughing guy: So true! Gotta love Rush for that.

couldn't agree more!
  • Like 1