My take on Power Windows

Megadeth

An incredibly underrated album and overlooked by many Rush fans, these are my thoughts below.

http://www.sputnikmu...-Power-Windows/

Attention TRF people: You really need to read the links people post before you comment on said link.

:D

OMG, is this a review about a Rush album or some sort of sick joke?

I wish i hadn't clicked on that, pure mindless drivel.

I've never been so offended in my life, you honestly might have pushed me to finally ending it all, thanks, farewell cruel world. Edited by Megadeth
  • Like 1

power windows is definitely pussy music but I love it

Straight to the point as usual :LOL: . For all these years I though I had bought this album back in the day but I don't have it so I must have already given up by then. Grace Under Pressure was my last Rush album purchase. I saw them live twice after Power Windows but that was just to hear even at that time "the older stuff" :LOL: ... :codger:
  • Like 1

An incredibly underrated album and overlooked by many Rush fans, these are my thoughts below.

Attention TRF people: You really need to read the links people post before you comment on said link.

I've never been so offended in my life, you honestly might have pushed me to finally ending it all, thanks, farewell cruel world.

Wait....don't....stop!!! (ok, if you do, can I have your CD collection?) (well besides Power Windows...not a big fan)

I've never been so offended in my life, you honestly might have pushed me to finally ending it all, thanks, farewell cruel world.

À tout le monde

À tous mes amis

• Like 3

À tout le monde

À tous mes amis

Its seems highly overrated on this board, and in general. Some good songs, some really bad ones. Mediocre at best, IMHO. Personally consider GUP to be the last great album overall.

:goodone: The nail right on the head. Especially in bold.. :cheerleader: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

fraroc?

careful though man, this place is a bit too serious for comments like that. cops'll be at your house if the wrong person sees this

• Like 1

fraroc?

careful though man, this place is a bit too serious for comments like that. cops'll be at your house if the wrong person sees this

It's a shape shifter.

Its seems highly overrated on this board, and in general. Some good songs, some really bad ones. Mediocre at best, IMHO. Personally consider GUP to be the last great album overall.

Welll......potentially...but I still can listen to Counterparts, Snake & Arrows, and Clockwork Angels with little to no coercion.... It's just that PoW through RtB, then T4E and VT that seem to need some reason more than my once every year "I'm just listening top to bottom, so I have to listen to them" ritual...

I think I bought the cassette tape when it came out. I was very happy to see this tour. I remember everyone being glad that Geddy gave up that Steinberger stick he'd been playing and went back to a large wooden bass again. They played every song from Power Windows, except Emotion Detector, at the two shows I attended. I had only seen them once, in 1980, before the PW tour.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/tours/860525-26ad.jpg

Amazed why Emotion detector would be left out it would be one of the first ones on my list?

• Like 2

I think I bought the cassette tape when it came out. I was very happy to see this tour. I remember everyone being glad that Geddy gave up that Steinberger stick he'd been playing and went back to a large wooden bass again. They played every song from Power Windows, except Emotion Detector, at the two shows I attended. I had only seen them once, in 1980, before the PW tour.

Amazed why Emotion detector would be left out it would be one of the first ones on my list?

I agree.

and Grand Designs was an encore.

The Spirit of Radio (with "Three Stooges theme" intro)

Limelight

The Big Money

New World Man (dropped sometime after 4/22/86)

Subdivisions

Manhattan Project

Middletown Dreams

Witch Hunt (not played opening night, added 12/5/85 preceding YYZ, began following Middletown Dreams 12/12/85)

Red Sector A

Closer To The Heart

Marathon

The Trees

Mystic Rhythms

Distant Early Warning

Territories

YYZ

Drum Solo

Red Lenses

Tom Sawyer

Encore: 2112: Overture/The Temples of Syrinx

Grand Designs

In The Mood

I agree.

and Grand Designs was an encore.

The Spirit of Radio (with "Three Stooges theme" intro)

Limelight

The Big Money

New World Man (dropped sometime after 4/22/86)

Subdivisions

Manhattan Project

Middletown Dreams

Witch Hunt (not played opening night, added 12/5/85 preceding YYZ, began following Middletown Dreams 12/12/85)

Red Sector A

Closer To The Heart

Marathon

The Trees

Mystic Rhythms

Distant Early Warning

Territories

YYZ

Drum Solo

Red Lenses

Tom Sawyer

Encore: 2112: Overture/The Temples of Syrinx

Grand Designs

In The Mood

Despite the obvious disliking of the song on here Gran Designs I probably play more than anything, sometimes I just select that one off the album when I'm selecting random tracks. Very close to admitting it's my favourite Rush song don't know why but I never gat bored with it, great intro, great chorus, one of Alex's best solos and glorious close out, a very catchy number. Edited by Lock And Key
  • Like 1

^ Oh, I like Grand Designs very much! I didn't know it was roundly disliked, if that is the case.

I wouldn't call it an absolute favourite of mine, but it is a shimmering, upbeat modern rock tune (modern for its time, anyway)...very catchy indeed. I like it a lot.

• Like 1

Welll......potentially...but I still can listen to Counterparts, Snake & Arrows, and Clockwork Angels with little to no coercion.... It's just that PoW through RtB, then T4E and VT that seem to need some reason more than my once every year "I'm just listening top to bottom, so I have to listen to them" ritual...

Of the 3 you mention, the only one Ill listen full through is CP, which is definitely a good album. Though as time has passed, I'm thinking that the production of that album is its best quality, along with about 5 truly exceptional songs, and one I consider one of their all time best (Animate).

I would encourage you to post more links to your reviews

in this way you will develop a unique behavior and style, which will make it easier to recognize and ignore