GD is AZ?

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

And off-topic a little but a man called AGUT has taken a set off Djokovic at the US Open!

That almost certainly won't last. AGUT is ok but generally speaking he's not even at the Robredo level and certainly not Ferrer.

It's not lasting, Djokovic is back in control. His level dropped for a while and AGUT's forehand is on fire. Trouble with AGUT though is he's no GUTS! These commentators are talking nonsense too. Oh and another thing AGUT makes a noise like he's being stabbed every time he hits a shot...

Sergi Bruguera made the most annoying sounds when it came to ATP players. The WTA is stocked with noisy, annoying players.

Yeah that's why I hardly ever watch, or I turn the sound down if I do.

Djokovic has just taken the 3rd set. It's just a matter of time now. AGUT though has done better than I thought, I figured it would just be routine straight sets 6-2, 6-1, 6-2 style win for Djoker.

My proposal for a fix to make GD cleaner while still keeping the variety of A-Z threads:

Compile them into three or four general categories.

Ex: actors A-Z, TV Characters A-Z, songs A-Z, albums A-Z, etc

^ these could all be put into a new thread called "Art/Media A-Z"

How it would work from there is the poster would post the lettered word, and then claim the category for the next poster to adhere by... To demonstrate:

Fly By Night

Actor

George Clooney

Song

and so on

I can see something like that working...but even more organized.

That is...

(1) A-Z thread for Film (subcategories: Movies, Movie characters, TV characters, Actors).

Thread starts with "A" and the 1st TRFer says "Alan Alda"; he then gives the next subcategory (for example) "Movies" which will start with B.

Next TRFer says Bad Boys then gives the next subcategory with C to follow of course.

(2) A-Z for Music (subcategories: Bands, Song titles, Album titles, etc.)

This would work the same as the previous example.

Just these two threads with their subcategories would chop away probably 6 or more threads.

I like how you guys are thinking.

• Like 1

My proposal for a fix to make GD cleaner while still keeping the variety of A-Z threads:

Compile them into three or four general categories.

Ex: actors A-Z, TV Characters A-Z, songs A-Z, albums A-Z, etc

^ these could all be put into a new thread called "Art/Media A-Z"

How it would work from there is the poster would post the lettered word, and then claim the category for the next poster to adhere by... To demonstrate:

Fly By Night

Actor

George Clooney

Song

and so on

I can see something like that working...but even more organized.

That is...

(1) A-Z thread for Film (subcategories: Movies, Movie characters, TV characters, Actors).

Thread starts with "A" and the 1st TRFer says "Alan Alda"; he then gives the next subcategory (for example) "Movies" which will start with B.

Next TRFer says Bad Boys then gives the next subcategory with C to follow of course.

(2) A-Z for Music (subcategories: Bands, Song titles, Album titles, etc.)

This would work the same as the previous example.

Just these two threads with their subcategories would chop away probably 6 or more threads.

I like how you guys are thinking.

Think about this: There are 4 threads that are music related + 5 that are film/tv related. I actually don't mind if all of those threads exist. Hell, I frequently post in half of them. But it IS possible to cut 7 of them and just have 2 threads that'd cover those general topics.

Here's a question, am I secretly GOD and i don't know it? Have I sent myself down here among you puny mortals with no memory of my godlike self back in the centre of the universe??? :AlienSmiley:

No actually I am God, and now that a mere mortal has discovered this God in the flesh is a possible thing I shall just continue to hang out and post rediculous posts until the limited memory of my creations have forgotten what it's all about. Anyway your welcome for the ice cream, :angel:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

What's the purpose of this subforum? This isn't a sarcastic question but a serious one. If it's not for stuff like nonsense threads, what's it for?

It's nonsense with some guidance I suppose

• Like 1

What's the purpose of this subforum? This isn't a sarcastic question but a serious one. If it's not for stuff like nonsense threads, what's it for?

It's nonsense with some guidance I suppose

Guidance is soooo over rated ;)

Look no further than TOST for zero guidance, and the freedom to post "oohohohohococksohohooohh" for four consecutive pages!

I'm off the TOST and hard on the TOCT now :)

Style without substance, stuff without style

Edited by Ancient Ways

Do we already have a tennis thread or is this the official one now?

Any tennis thread anywhere will still have the same TRFers commenting. That is, treeduck, me, and....uh...and....yeah treeduck and me.

Threads like that are cozy. Kind of like little fireside chats.

Any tennis thread anywhere will still have the same TRFers commenting. That is, treeduck, me, and....uh...and....yeah treeduck and me.

Get a room boys....a chat room

I feel dirty now

Get a room boys....a chat room

It's tennis not a foot massage

Yeah Massages are in the back ;)

I feel dirty now

Why for?