The 2015-16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

I typically try to catch lovies radio show most weeks and I heard some of it today. I think he wants to be fired. He trots out the same bullshit every week. We need to improve, we have to mourn the loss and move on, we're going to get better. Never any specifics and never any real explanation of why failures occurred or what they specifically did to get better. I think he just gives a speech to quit committing penalties but doesn't do anything to identify why and when they're happening to focus on specific ideas on how to improve. It's pathetic.
  • Like 1

I typically try to catch lovies radio show most weeks and I heard some of it today. I think he wants to be fired. He trots out the same bullshit every week. We need to improve, we have to mourn the loss and move on, we're going to get better. Never any specifics and never any real explanation of why failures occurred or what they specifically did to get better. I think he just gives a speech to quit committing penalties but doesn't do anything to identify why and when they're happening to focus on specific ideas on how to improve. It's pathetic.

I agree and if he is "in charge" of the defense he should step back and let somebody- anybody else call the plays on D...

• Like 1

I originally thought that we needed to stick with smith for this season and the next for the sake of Winston but I'm leaning towards a solution like they had when they removed Dungy. I like what dirk has brought and the offense seems to be consistently improving. It would be nice to bring in a different defensive coach as HC but keep the offensive staff intact as part of the deal. And the new coach isn't in charge of personnel decisions.
  • Like 1

That is exactly what my Son and I were thinking. Also keep Leicht as GM and maybe have him have some clout as far as roster decisions go.

Edit; I also liked how Cutter took 100% of the responsibility for the busted 3 & goal Simms run. That was a stand up move!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

I know Lovie's going to take shit for going for it but it was the right call.

But the thing with that is, why take a time out to run the same type of play? They should've tried another approach. The thing that needs the most fixing is our pass defense, and that has to happen on a player level. Once the defense gets that corrected the Bucs will be a formidable force on the grid iron. Nice Win! Up next NYG. GO BUCS :madra:

A team that runs a basic conservative offense for most part and runs the vanilla Tampa 2 on defense that rarely blitzes or runs stunts should probably not suddenly become aggressive late in a game for no reason. There is way too much downside in going for it at that spot with a 7 point lead. IMO it's borderline insane and they were lucky to win that game. I was guaranteeing to everyone within earshot that there was no way they were going to snap that ball. I was shocked to say the least. It looked like Winston was too because he didn't seem to know what he wanted to do there. Don't like the decision and hate the play call.
  • Like 1

A team that runs a basic conservative offense for most part and runs the vanilla Tampa 2 on defense that rarely blitzes or runs stunts should probably not suddenly become aggressive late in a game for no reason. There is way too much downside in going for it at that spot with a 7 point lead. IMO it's borderline insane and they were lucky to win that game. I was guaranteeing to everyone within earshot that there was no way they were going to snap that ball. I was shocked to say the least. It looked like Winston was too because he didn't seem to know what he wanted to do there. Don't like the decision and hate the play call.

The play call was iffy, but the decision was sound. Get one yard, you win. Punt and you extend the drive 35-45 yds probably. You could still easily give up a TD.

• Like 1

The play call was iffy, but the decision was sound. Get one yard, you win. Punt and you extend the drive 35-45 yds probably. You could still easily give up a TD.

I'll stick with my opinion and tony Dungy agreeing with it on the highlights on this one. On the Falcons 40 I might agree.

Yep, that was clearly demonstrated the Bucs knew they were susceptible to that form of aireal attack. I was all for the call to go for it approach but the play called I believe was questionable. I was thinking at the time that the offense would opt for the hard count to draw ATL off sides. But as it became clear the intent was to actually go for the one yard, and set up start a play, then stop call TO, then run the same play twice seemed to me give ATL's D the upper edge. All turned out well. How about the body langage of team Capt. McCoy at the OT coin toss? I thought we were doomed!!

I'll stick with my opinion and tony Dungy agreeing with it on the highlights on this one. On the Falcons 40 I might agree.

I don't know exactly what yard line it was on (I think it was about the 30 but I was watching red zone so I don't really remember and I don't know the flow of the game hardly at all). But if you go for it and make it the game is over. If you don't then the Falcons have 30 yds to go in about a minute with no timeouts. If you punt, on average they have to go 70 yds. If you estimate the odds at 80% of giving up a 30 yd TD drive and at 30% of giving up a 70 yd TD drive and a 60% chance of losing in OT then you have to believe that you have a less than a one third chance of making it not to go for it.

Edited by laughedatbytime

We would've had a better chance if not so many dropped passes. Poor clock management as well. I Winston is doing everything that he can to get the W. However each week there is some breakdown out of his control. When this squad can all show up good on the same day and dicipline itself not to keep shooting themselves in the foot the wins will come easier. Ray Jay seems jinxed to Lovie. Next up Dallas they will be hungry we will be at home and I will be there. I just pray I do not have to endure an afternoon of happy Cowboys fans.

Don't worry people. It will be a close back and forth game with the Bucs winning on a 17 play drive as time runs out. Why not make it 7 in a row for my team?

I'll drink to that!

ETA - in solidarity...

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

Whew what a day in Tampa Bay. It was a sea of blue in RayJay today and it proved that if one is going to be a Bucs fan one has to be tough or dumb, maybe both :LOL: . I had to listen to everything and endure the jeering in my teams home stadium. I don't think any NFL team has to deal with what a Tampa Bay fan has to, as consistantly there is a good number of visiting teams fans. Today as I mentioned was extraordinarily difficult. I mean Dallas fans were prolific, noisy and had an in your face attitude. But all ended up well as eventhough most of the "Boys" fans enjoyed a 6-3 lead most of the game, the Bucs found a way to win! A very happy ending indeed as I was able to return some of the jeering I had to contend with most of the afternoon. All was civilized of course and there was even some high fives exchanged in the immediate area of my seats. I am sooo happy to finally have a home win that I was there to witness. What a GREAT feeling!!! Up next the Eagles @ Philly I smell another dog fight ;)

GO BUCS :madra:

Whew what a day in Tampa Bay. It was a sea of blue in RayJay today and it proved that if one is going to be a Bucs fan one has to be tough or dumb, maybe both :LOL: . I had to listen to everything and endure the jeering in my teams home stadium. I don't think any NFL team has to deal with what a Tampa Bay fan has to, as consistantly there is a good number of visiting teams fans. Today as I mentioned was extraordinarily difficult. I mean Dallas fans were prolific, noisy and had an in your face attitude. But all ended up well as eventhough most of the "Boys" fans enjoyed a 6-3 lead most of the game, the Bucs found a way to win! A very happy ending indeed as I was able to return some of the jeering I had to contend with most of the afternoon. All was civilized of course and there was even some high fives exchanged in the immediate area of my seats. I am sooo happy to finally have a home win that I was there to witness. What a GREAT feeling!!! Up next the Eagles @ Philly I smell another dog fight ;)

GO BUCS :madra:

That must have been hell to sit through.

2-7, suck it Cowboys.

• Like 1

Well I am starting to get that crazy feeling of excitement about my Bucs once again. We have a chance of imprving to .500. A win will also be encouraging as the bucs would have an actual streak going with 2wins in a row. That is something Tampa has not been able to do in quite some time. 2013 I think. I have to be quite reserved and curb my enthusiasim (for lack of a better term ;) ). We're not playing at home and at last glance at the latest line Tampa is the underdog. I don't like when the Bucs are favored as they most always find a way to lose in those situations. They also do a lot of losing as the underdog as well :LOL: Well all I can say is LETS GO BUCS :madra: :D Edited by Crimsonmistymemory