The 2015-16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

A friend of mine wanted me to go with him to watch mike get inducted into ring. Fortunately I'm remodeling house and am going to be slammed the next 2 weeks and couldn't go. Do you fish with a charter or go out on your own?

Charter, it was one of my companies quarterly outings so everything was paid for by them. Unfortunately it was not the best day to be in the Gulf. I would've much rather been on my boat on the bay or intercoastal Saturday and Sunday as well :LOL:

The induction ceremony was the best part of the game less the two drunk Carolina fans that kept screaming 4 & 0 throughout the whole thing unfortunately they ended up being right. Another nice moment was they were handing out commemeritive Alstott coins and they were out of them at the gate my Son and I went through. However there was another father and son team in our section that both had received one and the Dad gave his to me. That was the nicest part of the day.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

No but oddly enough I ended up with one of the Bobble Heads anyway. This was the 1st year an a very long time I had any interest in going to games, considering I was trying to avoid what I am goin through now. I got caught up in the optimistic excitement that this season would be the begining of a new era. My Son is a big fan of Winstons so I thought this would be fun for he & I to go to a few games to celebrate the begining of great things to come. We know what the outcome so far regarding that has been. I am just glad I didn't go all in and buy a complete season. We still have e Dallas and New Orleans left to attend. Maybe a miracle will happen between now and then but I very much doubt it.

go Buc's :

:LOL:

I've been doing some home remodeling and general reorginization and i found a training camp roster from 91 I think the other day with Richard Williamson on cover and a Donald igwebuike and Keith mccants autograph. This is from back when they used to do training camp at UT. Btw, my mother in law used to do housekeeping at UT and Vinny Testaverde (who is apparently a very nice guy) used to give her free tickets to games all the time during camp. The good old days for sure.

Yeah Those were the daze. When a couple would opt to go shopping at Tampa Bay Center and leave their 2 tickets to the game in the windshield wipers on their car. Only to return to the car and find 4 tickets. :LOL: My better 1/2 worked for Kash'n'Kary when one year they had a promotion. Buy 10 select items and get a buy one get one free coupon for a Buc's ticket. We went to the whole seson for like $60. I actually kinda miss the Big Sombrero.

Great stuff about the tix on windshield. On the sombrero, I had the fortune to close that stadium out with the playoff game against the lions that we won and then was able to get a ticket to the opening game against the Bears the following year. I also attended the first ever home win against the cardinals in 77 the week after we got the first win against the ain'ts. Also had the dumb luck to be at game 162 back in '11 with rays over Yankees. Because of the drama and the connection with the rain delayed Orioles/Red Sox game that game is my favorite sporting event personally attended.

Fun times indeed ;) Congrats on your win in the confidence pool this week. I wish I had jumped on board earlier but I didn't even realize what it was all about till I actually read the thread late week 2. Oh well I'm only 100 or so points out maybe all will have a really bad week when I have a good one :LOL: ;) Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Well we both had the same amount of confidence in the Bucs winning this week :LMAO:

I think if te waether is nice I will listen to te game on the radio on the my boat.

Go Bucs :madra:

I picked them but was not convinced. We will find out who the likely worst team in the league is this week. If they don't win this one it will be a long season. I'm not a huge sports radio guy but I do tune in sometimes on drive home. It's amazing to hear people asking for Jameis to be benched and lovey to get fired. We have fans here who thought this team was going to be great and be a borderline playoff team.

I don't listen to sports radio unless it's for a game. I used to listen to the games on the radio a lot due to the fact the national media has never been kind (and still are not so) to the ole Buc's. So if I wanted to hear anything positive regarding Tampa it was on the radio. Also all the home games used to be blacked out so if I wanted to know what was going on it was the radio. I can only imagine what the chatter will be about if we lose tomorrow, they will be calling for Lovies head on a pike. For an intangable I think we should wear the red shirts we one with them and don't seem to do to good in white. My God at this point anything is worth a try :LOL:

Go Bucs :madra:

WhoooooHoooo! We're not the worst! We're not the worst. I was worried before the game would end up in a tie :facepalm: But we now have a home win 2 weeks to lick our wounds and the Redskins up next (yes I said redskins) Go Bucs :madra: ;) Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

I love the win for sure. Doug Martin and V-Jax are very impressive and frankly deserve better. Defense looked better is some respects but the secondary is rough. Especially Jenkins. Evans needs to adjust his body language when waiting for deep balls to arrive. He's signaling the ball is being thrown to him and about to arrive allowing defenders to break up passes. It's happened several times this year. Looking forward to Washington.

Looks like we have to not only beat the redskins, we have to beat the zebra's as well. There have been some not picky calls against us while Washington can do as they please!!! Incredible... Well at least we have some one that can kick field goals.

Let's GO Bucs :madra:

Well that just sucks a big one!!! :boohoo:

The redskins should send roses to the officials this week. But there were some poor coaching decisions on our part especially taking Douggie out & putting Simms in on a 3 and goal and using all the time outs prematurely! Man I am going to have an awful week on the confidence pool on top of it all... :boohoo: :LOL:

I thought Winston played well, the offensive line is coming together, the running game looked great and the defense showed a lot of improvement until midway through the second quarter. They expected Washington to lay down and take their beating and you have to give them a ton of credit for being the better team today. All the bucs need to do is prepare each week to play 60 minutes on Sunday with few players playing more than 30 minutes. The bucs can't be bothered to play that long. However, the big issue is discipline and penalties. I'm not one that has been calling for lovie to get fired (and that is a topic on the radio every week) but he needs to get that fixed.

Yes I agree, I may be biased but it always seems the yellow hankies come easyily the Bucs direction. I have seen it over and over what happened today our guys get mauled and nothing is called. We do something petty and get the flag. But as you said that is where the coaching part comes in. Lovie should realize (like I mentioned earlier today) not only do the Bucs have to beat the other team, they have to beat the zebra's as well. That means not doing stupid things and play as clean as possible. That call on Evans that took the TD away is a perfect example. The defender was clearly holding Evans. Mike litterally pulled his arm free to make a play for the ball causing the defender to change the direction of his body BOOM flag. Evans would've been better off letting the defender hold him to draw the flag for interference. He probably figured he wouldn't get the call in his favor so opted to make a play for the ball. But that mentality set starts with coaching. Terrible loss today just a heartbreaker :( Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1