The Rush vinyls are gone from Amazon

YYZumbi

From what I have read/surmised, they were getting so many returns from anal nitpicky buyers that they stopped selling this. People returning 2,3,4,5 LP's for a tiny nick on the sleeve. Became a loser for Amazon.

Where have you heard this?

Because I did return a lot of vinyls because the sleeves was broken A LOT.

Was reading a vinyl/hi-fi forum where some guy returned a bunch of the first album box thingy reissue because there was a lot of blotchy marks on the cover.

Couldn't be bothered to inform him that the first album had a lot of blotchy/ misprinted stuff on the cover.

The album sounded great to me and the cover looked......Just like the the first album cover: budget printing with blotchy printing mistakes.

Perfect re-creation and recreation.I know what I did there.

You could always order them from rushbackstage.com instead of Amazon. I don't know how much they jack up shipping prices for international orders, but at least you can preorder.

If you live in Europe, you can´t order from rush website... they do not send outside of North America.... Or else I would buy every vinyl from them.

Mmm, I'm confused as well - ( live in UK by the way) ...have got Signals & ESL from Amazon but the rest of the Mercurys have now dropped back in the year & the release order has gone haywire with PW & HYF jumping the queue over P/G which has dropped back to December !!??. Backstage club & Amz are equally out of sync. Pressing issues maybe ?

The Atlantic releases seem to be equally random & no sign of them on Amz UK yet but luckily I have a mate in the US who can take delivery & forward on .

Already salivating over a vinyl copy of T4E

so let me see if I got this correct it looks like the Atlantic releases are going to be exclusive to rush back stage and the mercury releases are on Amazon and everywhere else does this sound right?

This isn't meant to be rude or condescending. I really am genuinely curious about this. Why do people still buy vinyl? Don't they wear out over time and skip sometimes? Why not use digital versions? Again, I'm just curious, I'm not trying to be a jerk.

This isn't meant to be rude or condescending. I really am genuinely curious about this. Why do people still buy vinyl? Don't they wear out over time and skip sometimes? Why not use digital versions? Again, I'm just curious, I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Sound Baby!!!!!!!

Sound Baby!!!!!!!

So they sound better than digital? I'll have to try it then. I have a bunch of my dad's old Rush records but no record player to play them. :(

Vinyl just sounds "warmer" & more rounded, something to do with analogue I guess. it's the best way to listen to music IMHO - but not the easiest; you have to keep getting up to flip the record !! It also makes you to listen to a whole side ( which can be good and bad) 'cos you can't just skip a track. You can easily play an iPod though the amp to give the best of all possible worlds but for the full Rush experience it's got to be vinyl all the way

The last turntable my dad ever owned was a technics linear tracking that had a track selector button. So you could skip tracks easily, but still more work than putting 2000 songs on an iPod and hitting shuffle. Nothing beats that for convenience and surprise segues, but there's definite pros and cons. I really like the much higher resolution of digital when done well, but the lack of any noise or hum whatsoever can sound too sterile to people used to analog recordings, where crackles and hiss and hum are all part of the mix to varying extent. And yes, no matter how obsessive compulsive you are about caring for vinyl, it degrades with each spin. Because friction and plastic.

Vinyl just sounds "warmer" & more rounded, something to do with analogue I guess. it's the best way to listen to music IMHO - but not the easiest; you have to keep getting up to flip the record !! It also makes you to listen to a whole side ( which can be good and bad) 'cos you can't just skip a track. You can easily play an iPod though the amp to give the best of all possible worlds but for the full Rush experience it's got to be vinyl all the way

I would really love to try it. I wonder how expensive a record player would be...

...I really like the much higher resolution of digital when done well, but the lack of any noise or hum whatsoever can sound too sterile to people used to analog recordings, where crackles and hiss and hum are all part of the mix to varying extent. And yes, no matter how obsessive compulsive you are about caring for vinyl, it degrades with each spin. Because friction and plastic.

I'm not used to records, so it doesn't bother me. I would love to try listening to a record though, but them wearing out would suck quite a lot.

I wouldn't worry too much about wearing out. I've listened to all my orginal discs again as the new LPs have arrived - they pop & crackle a bit on the quiet parts but the sound is still

great. I'm not saying vinyl is the B All & end all - I listen to digital as much if not more - but if you want to get a turntable it's well worth the effort. There's nothing like the feeling of slipping 2112 out of its sleeve, dropping the needle, laying back & reading the gatefold cover to cover as the music washes over you ....... mmmmmmmmmm

Price wise I have no Idea what you'd pay where you are ( thinking N.America ? ) but you should get a half decent turntable for max UK£200 - say $300 maybe less. Most new'ish decks will pair up to an Amp with the right cable.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry too much about wearing out. I've listened to all my orginal discs again as the new LPs have arrived - they pop & crackle a bit on the quiet parts but the sound is still

great. I'm not saying vinyl is the B All & end all - I listen to digital as much if not more - but if you want to get a turntable it's well worth the effort. There's nothing like the feeling of slipping 2112 out of its sleeve, dropping the needle, laying back & reading the gatefold cover to cover as the music washes over you ....... mmmmmmmmmm

Price wise I have no Idea what you'd pay where you are ( thinking N.America ? ) but you should get a half decent turntable for max UK£200 - say $300 maybe less. Most new'ish decks will pair up to an Amp with the right cable.

That's good to know, thanks!