Predictions about the Los Angeles Show and potential finality of it.

LeaveMyThingAlone

I don´t believe that this is the last show they do on this tour...

They take a long break, and then they going to Europe to play a couple of shows, and then they are going back to the states.

They won't. The show on August 1 is not only the last show of the R40 tour, it is THE last Rush show ever. Neil will never tour again and Alex is also ready to retire. Hopefully we'll have a solo album from Geddy in a few years.

http://media.giphy.com/media/11a8FLrVeoLnna/giphy.gif

Yeah, sure thing buddy. It's amazing how many of you claim with 100% certainty what the band has planned when even they don't have a clue. Are you guys psychics all of a sudden? Is there a bit of a 6th sense spreading around? It seems nobody can accept a simple "I don't know what will happen" around here.

• Like 1

Is there anything to verify that this is actually backstage at a Rush show? Not to suggest our book-reading, tennis-playing rock stars don't know how to party, but...

I was thinking the same thing. Anyone could post a similar picture and say it was Rush backstage antics.

Friends, whatever happens on Saturday night, when the last note is played, freeze that moment in your brains. Get a good and hard look at them as Neil stands up and does his customary wave, and Alex throws his guitar pick to a lucky someone, and Geddy stands at the microphone, with one arm raised and his bass in the other hand.

And when Geddy says whatever it is he will say, maybe they'll have Porky Pig up there on the screen with his famous:

T-t-t-t-t-hat's all, folks!

I'm trying to be lighthearted, but, honestly, I feel awful.

Edited by Lorraine

De Nile. :)

I'm not in denial, I just happen to think your posts remind me of this woman:

sylvia-browne.jpg

I don't know who that woman is. :)

You're the kinda guy that takes what Alex says verbatim, but ignores what Neil has repeatedly said over the years and what both Ray and Geddy have subtly said this year.

You either look at the evidence or you don't. Doesn't matter to me. :)

Why feel awful? 40 years of great tuneage. More than most artists ever even come close to. It's all good! We Rush fans are a spoiled lot.

• Like 1

Why feel awful? 40 years of great tuneage. More than most artists ever even come close to. It's all good! We Rush fans are a spoiled lot.

I feel awful not because they are going to take a well deserved retirement, but because I am watching them come to an end. The same way I feel awful when I see anything that I grew up with come to an end. As you said yesterday, facing my own mortality.

• Like 1

I feel awful not because they are going to take a well deserved retirement, but because I am watching them come to an end. The same way I feel awful when I see anything that I grew up with come to an end. As you said yesterday, facing my own mortality.

Psst. I know a secret.

Buck up, kiddo.

Nothing truly ends. ;)

• Like 1

Psst. I know a secret.

Buck up, kiddo.

Nothing truly ends. ;)

Right. I'll be with Rush for all eternity. An endless Rush concert.

Edited by Lorraine

sylvia-browne.jpg

You're the kinda guy that takes what Alex says verbatim, but ignores what Neil has repeatedly said over the years and what both Ray and Geddy have subtly said this year.

She's a well known psychic. So by literally saying I don't know, I'm taking what Alex says verbatim? I think you claiming to absolutely know will make you look like an idiot should they ever prove you wrong. There are only 3 people who do know and they don't even know for sure.

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

Psst. I know a secret.

Buck up, kiddo.

Nothing truly ends. ;)

Right. I'll be with Rush for all eternity. An endless Rush concert.

Ugh, an endless concert does not sound appealing. :)

sylvia-browne.jpg

She's a well known psychic. So by literally saying I don't know, I'm taking what Alex says verbatim? I think you claiming to absolutely know will make you look like an idiot should they ever prove you wrong. There are only 3 people who do know and they don't even know for sure.

There are folks who know if Neil is done touring for good this time.

Neil himself is certain, LOL.

But hey, you don't have to believe me.

You'll find out soon enough for yourself.

The question you should ask yourself is, why do you insist otherwise?

You want more Rush? Or you just want a press release stating exact retirement intentions?

Because either way, you're not going to get what you want. :)

Alex is playing in pain. Rest assured, he'll be taking a nice long break from playing the guitar.

This I believe. He definitely didn't seem his usual fun loving self in Salt Lake City and did look like he might have been playing through pain.

This is certainly the last tour for them but I don't believe it's the last show they'll ever play. Let's face it, the reason most musicians and people involved in entertainment never truly walk away for good is because there is usually money still to be made and they can never really get the thrill of performing to subside. Sure, a lot of them slow down as they get older but they never leave for good.

I think there's a good chance what Alex has mentioned about doing special one off shows here and there and possibly some residencies will happen. It's rock n roll, no one ever really walks away completely.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 6

I hear the discussion of future occasional shows, but I don't know. Each of these guys rehearses for a month alone before they get together to rehearse for a month as a band before each tour. And even with all of that rehearsal, look at how long it took them to round into shape this tour. The first 8 or 10 shows had some real rough patches. I love this band, but they're not known for leaving a lot up to chance for a show. Given that mindset, do these seem like guys who will just show up and play a few gigs? I just don't see anything that casual happening.
  • Like 3

I hear the discussion of future occasional shows, but I don't know. Each of these guys rehearses for a month alone before they get together to rehearse for a month as a band before each tour. And even with all of that rehearsal, look at how long it took them to round into shape this tour. The first 8 or 10 shows had some real rough patches. I love this band, but they're not known for leaving a lot up to chance for a show. Given that mindset, do these seem like guys who will just show up and play a few gigs? I just don't see anything that casual happening.

It's not in their DNA

So if they did get together for one more blow-out call it quits gig I am kinda thinking it could be @ the Gorge (WA) I think Neil gives it the edge over redrocks. But who knows and yes it is sad to think about all these unbelievable shows ending forever.... :(